The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 16th September 2011
Nhl 2011/2012

Thought I'd start a new one for the upcoming season.Pre season games begin Monday and I'm damn happy about that!
So here's a crappy thing to have happen to our game in North America.

Kelly: The Leafs on slippery slope of jersey sponsorship - thestar.com

Could be just a matter of time before we see advertising on jersey's a la the european *******. This would suck...big time!
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

agree on that (jersey sponsorship)

Sharks already have an Injury Report out already.

It is:
Niemi
Nittymaki
Havlet

I guess they need a goaltender (is Nabby available?)
All 3 should be available very soon.

I'm missing Dany Heatley already.
From the report on NBC.com
Quote:
...Still, someone needs to tell the Sharks that they’re supposed to wait until after the season starts before they start scaring their fans with injury reports.
heh
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Thought I'd start a new one for the upcoming season.Pre season games begin Monday and I'm damn happy about that!

Could be just a matter of time before we see advertising on jersey's a la the european *******. This would suck...big time!
That's bull**** dude But I did see it coming
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

It should of happen last year but Chris Pronger was awarded the C Bout time!!!
Old 16th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
That's bullsh*t dude But I did see it coming
Yeah, cause the Leafs need the money...
Old 17th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
Yeah, cause the Leafs need the money...
LOL! Greedy bastards. actually they look better going into camp this year. Be interesting to see how Connoly pairs with Kessel.
@rmx16 even when Pronger's not wearing the C, he's probably still the C in the room.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

hockey! glad someone started a new thread. pre-season cometh!

any news on additional coverage of games? i couldn't find anything.. just versus and NBC. ESPN abandoned hockey so long ago.. i thought sooner or later they'd get back into covering some of the games but not so..
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post

any news on additional coverage of games? i couldn't find anything.. just versus and NBC. ESPN abandoned hockey so long ago.. i thought sooner or later they'd get back into covering some of the games but not so..
Me too. Can't wait to watch the new look Flyers
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

What is hockey turning into, Nascar?? I can picture Tim Thomas giving credit to Pepsi and Havoline Supreme for a win over Montrealheh
Old 18th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post

Luckily I've got LeafsTV so I get all the pre season games starting on Monday.
Man It'll be great to see some hockey even if it's just pre season.
Old 18th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
What is hockey turning into, Nascar?? I can picture Tim Thomas giving credit to Pepsi and Havoline Supreme for a win over Montrealheh
LOL! Yeah Kessel gets fifty and credits Red Bull...
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

I think it would be terrible if they started to put advertisements on the *******. I hate watching the KHL and what not because it's just like watching Billboards on skates all game long.
Even though I live in Toronto I find it hard to cheer for the leafs. They are just so bad. I don't really have a Canadian team to root for. I'm hoping Nashville does well this season. Hopefully they can get some solid forward lines together. Made it to the second round 10-11. Maybe they can make it to conference finals 11-12 season =)
Old 19th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob24 View Post
I think it would be terrible if they started to put advertisements on the *******. I hate watching the KHL and what not because it's just like watching Billboards on skates all game long.
Even though I live in Toronto I find it hard to cheer for the leafs. They are just so bad. I don't really have a Canadian team to root for. I'm hoping Nashville does well this season. Hopefully they can get some solid forward lines together. Made it to the second round 10-11. Maybe they can make it to conference finals 11-12 season =)
Well I'm a true sucker, I mean Leafs fan. I suffer along with the pathetically mediocre team they put on the ice every year.
When the leafs were winning in the playoffs in the '90s, Toronto was electric.
Hell all this team has to do is make it to the first round and we'll be dancing in the streets drinking the blue kool aid.
Such is the bleak existence of a leafs fan.
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Well I'm a true sucker, I mean Leafs fan. I suffer along with the pathetically mediocre team they put on the ice every year.
When the leafs were winning in the playoffs in the '90s, Toronto was electric.
Hell all this team has to do is make it to the first round and we'll be dancing in the streets drinking the blue kool aid.
Such is the bleak existence of a leafs fan.
Haha. When I was younger I use to cheer for Detroit and Toronto (I know, a sin to some) but that's just the way it is when you're born and raised in Windsor. Hey, Look at the Detroit Lions right now. 2-0. Bet record they have had in 10+ years. I have a feeling that even the leafs may be decent one year soon.
Just not too soon seeing they never have good draft picks. It's hard to rebuild when they get no drafts! They win enough games to screw themselves out of the top draft position.
Did they even have a draft in the first round in the 2010 or 2011 entry draft?
Old 19th September 2011
Quote:
Haha. When I was younger I use to cheer for Detroit and Toronto (I know, a sin to some) but that's just the way it is when you're born and raised in Windsor. Hey, Look at the Detroit Lions right now. 2-0. Bet record they have had in 10+ years. I have a feeling that even the leafs may be decent one year soon.
Just not too soon seeing they never have good draft picks. It's hard to rebuild when they get no drafts! They win enough games to screw themselves out of the top draft position.
Did they even have a draft in the first round in the 2010 or 2011 entry draft?
Yup they traded for a first rounder this draft although it was a lower pick.
Pre season game tonight against Ottawa.
The NHL is back!!
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Yup they traded for a first rounder this draft although it was a lower pick.
Pre season game tonight against Ottawa.
The NHL is back!!
Let's see how this goes. Hopefully i can get the game on tv and/or find a live stream of it. I'm just waiting for The O season to start.
Old 19th September 2011
Quote:
Let's see how this goes. Hopefully i can get the game on tv and/or find a live stream of it. I'm just waiting for The O season to start.
Well it's preseason so it means dick all! It'll just be great to see some NHL...even if it is the Leafs!
If the leafs struggle out of the gate Wilson is gone. And that would be a good thing imo.
Old 19th September 2011
Rmx16...Leafs and Flyers on Tue and Wed.
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Well it's preseason so it means dick all! It'll just be great to see some NHL...even if it is the Leafs!
If the leafs struggle out of the gate Wilson is gone. And that would be a good thing imo.
Yea it would be. Leafs need to completely reconfigure themselves. They are just going to keep on sucking until the do something about it. Nashville is beating Florida 3-2 end of 2nd. I'd be glad about this, but they are playing Florida. Florida is garbage. I think they may be worse than the Leafs!
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Toronto needs a defense. They won't make the playoffs without it.
Old 19th September 2011
Quote:
Well they added some parts on D so lets see how the new guys are.
So I'm watching the pre game skate, man it's good to see hockey again.
Leafs are icing alot of regulars. No first line though, kessel etc.
Gonna make some popcorn at 6.55pm and settle in for the game at 7.
Good times!
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
They also need forwards. They need a core. They don't really have much of a team going. Think 'm going to watch the Blue Jays game instead of the leafs game haha.
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Flyers/Leafs tonight Can't wait
Old 20th September 2011
Quote:
Flyers/Leafs tonight Can't wait
I'm looking forward to this! We're on different sides of the fence rmx16.;-)
Pronger as captain gives the Flyers tons of swagger.
Leafs looked like crap yesterday against Ottawa but they won 4-2.
So the Schenn and Kessel brothers play against each other tonight.
It's pre season but it's still puck!!
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Leafs looked like crap yesterday against Ottawa
That is very very true. Imagine if Alferson and Spezza were in the line up. Might have been a whole different story. I think the flyers are going to walk all over Toronto tonight. I feel bad for Lilles though. He is a leaf now! lol
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

The Flyers kids looked pretty good last night But then again it was the Leafs
Peace
Old 21st September 2011
Quote:
The Flyers kids looked pretty good last night But then again it was the Leafs
Peace
One hyphenated word PRE-SEASON!!LOL. That was pretty much an AHL team the leafs had last night, although Reimer looked very shaky and the regulars played like crap. Pre-season.
I truly hope these excuses are correct! We'll see tonight in Philly.
Is Pronger or Jagr playing tonight?
This is the life I've chosen, being a leafs fan, so please be gentle even though it's my choice.
Rob24 what's with the Nordique logo?
Old 21st September 2011
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
One hyphenated word PRE-SEASON!!LOL. That was pretty much an AHL team the leafs had last night, although Reimer looked very shaky and the regulars played like crap. Pre-season.
I truly hope these excuses are correct! We'll see tonight in Philly.
Is Pronger or Jagr playing tonight?
This is the life I've chosen, being a leafs fan, so please be gentle even though it's my choice.
Rob24 what's with the Nordique logo?
Henge c'mon dude relaxheh I thought Reimer looked pretty good The D looked shaky to me. Don't know about Pronger or Jagr tonight???
I wonder if there going to play Jagr's theme song " Dude Looks Like A Lady "

Peace
Old 21st September 2011
Quote:
Henge c'mon dude relaxheh I thought Reimer looked pretty good The D looked shaky to me. Don't know about Pronger or Jagr tonight???
I wonder if there going to play Jagr's theme song " Dude Looks Like A Lady "

Peace
LOL! He used to look like a lady.Curious move on the Flyers part though. we'll see how much he has in tank after playing in the KHL.
Flyers looked good though, you can tell Laviolette is a solid coach.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search