The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 28th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
WHERE THE **** IS THE D???
Yeah man your teams D really **** the bed tonight.
Old 28th October 2011
I consider the Flyers one of the best teams in the league and have to be in the running for the cup this year and man we stuck it to them tonight, there D was COMPLETELY out to lunch, just pure ****. Goaltending too. That team looked like a bunch of a bunch of ten year olds. Getting scored on every five minutes, what a joke.
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
I consider the Flyers one of the best teams in the league and have to be in the running for the cup this year and man we stuck it to them tonight, there D was COMPLETELY out to lunch, just pure ****. Goaltending too. That team looked like a bunch of a bunch of ten year olds. Getting scored on every five minutes, what a joke.
I'm tell'n ya dude My sons Div III college team could of smoked them too WTF

Peace
Old 28th October 2011
It was a bizarre night for sports. Baseball had a weird game and the Jets/Flyers was just plain "twilight zone" hockey.
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
It was a bizarre night for sports. Baseball had a weird game and the Jets/Flyers was just plain "twilight zone" hockey.
I'd rather see this **** happen now then in May They will right the ship
Peace
Old 29th October 2011
Man, someone tell Ilya that for the kind of money the Flyers are paying he should find some fvcking confidence. Jeez, what a bitch.

What I would pay to see Chris Pronger's reaction to that awful game from the press box. The interviews after that game were fvcking hilarious.
Old 29th October 2011
Can't help but feel that the Leafs are going to get schooled tonight by the Pens. Man when Crosby returns that team should be extra scary!! It'll be a real pleasure to watch a finely oiled team tonight...unless the score is 10-9.heh
Old 29th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can't help but feel that the Leafs are going to get schooled tonight by the Pens. Man when Crosby returns that team should be extra scary!! It'll be a real pleasure to watch a finely oiled team tonight...unless the score is 10-9.heh
I hate to say this but when Crosby comes back I don't think he makes it though the season

Peace
Old 30th October 2011
Quote:
I hate to say this but when Crosby comes back I don't think he makes it though the season

Peace
Man I hope not, the game is better with him in it. Leafs beat the Pens who were missing Crosby,Fleury and Staal. We'll take 'em where we can get 'em!
Kessel scores again. Finally feels good to be a Leafs fan again.heh
Old 30th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man I hope not, the game is better with him in it. Leafs beat the Pens who were missing Crosby,Fleury and Staal. We'll take 'em where we can get 'em!
Kessel scores again. Finally feels good to be a Leafs fan again.heh
Watch out,Giroux's catching upheh
Old 30th October 2011
Lives for gear

I think the Bruins are going for the #1 draft pick.
Old 30th October 2011
Lives for gear

Would have been cool if Nabby hit the ice for the Islanders last night. That first string goalie was having problems.
Sharks making up for the losing steak.

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com
Old 31st October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
I think the Bruins are going for the #1 draft pick.
Seems like it!!heh. Major Cup hangover. Little recovery time after a marathon battle.Also kind of hard to get the same adrenaline rush from winning the cup in a game in October.
Old 31st October 2011
Yeeeeeeaaaaah Henge!
We're doing it this year!

Okay boys, let's make some picks for the cup..

Here's what I'm thinking, (sort of in order with my logic behind it).

Buffalo - Vanek is playing well, putting up big points and with Ryan Miller in net, Vanek can get his point per game and have Miller shut the door.

Philly - Giroux is dangerous, Pronger is proven, Bryzgalov is good enough and take a look at Briere's playoff numbers, they're out of this world.

Toronto - Bit of a darkhorse, I'm optimistic but I can see this team catching a lot of teams off guard. If Reimer meets expectations, Kessel keeps it going, Kadri becomes what we know he's capable of, Macarthur and Grabo meet or exceed last seasons performance and the D stays healthy, watch out.

Pittsburgh - Never count them out. Crosby, Stall, Letang, Fleury. All proven, all incredible players, always dangerous. Neal is doing well too.

Tampa - Maybe, D line could be better and I can't imagine a 42 year old goaltender weathering an entire post season. Darkhorse for sure.

I can GARANTEE Washington will not do it. Ovi is NOT a team player, shuts down too easily and will not get it done. Ovi, Backstrom, Semin are all players of that ilk that when push comes to shove, a team built around Yanks/Nucks will win.
Old 31st October 2011
Lives for gear

East Coast bias?
Here are my quick hits on why you need to pay attention to the left coast.
1) Kings - serious upgrade with the Flyers trade. Quick has to be the best player in goal @ the moment.
2) Sharks - don't need to say much. They -will- break through at some point.
3) Canucks - same as the Sharks.
&
4) 3 of the best goalies in the game are in -California-

'nuff said for now.

Old 31st October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Seems like it!!heh. Major Cup hangover. Little recovery time after a marathon battle.Also kind of hard to get the same adrenaline rush from winning the cup in a game in October.
They're not playing 60 minutes, simple! They've been getting incredible scoring chances but they don't generate opportunities for the entire game. Definitely a lack of motivation and no sense of desperation. Every press conference we're hearing the same blah blah blah from the players.
Old 31st October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsonic View Post
East Coast bias?
1) Kings - serious upgrade with the Flyers trade. Quick has to be the best player in goal @ the moment.
&

'nuff said for now.

Have the Canucks grown a pair yet? You don't win cups by throwing yourself on the ice heh Luongo needs to focus on not getting easily shaken as well. If they get physical and stay that way they'll win the cup this year.
Old 1st November 2011
I have to see more western teams to make prediction so I'm gonna wuss out and not predict yet.
Luongo's always had slow octobers but he's been particularly sh**ty lately and the Sedins don't have a gonad between them, so I don't feel good about Vancouver.
Gotta agree with Jordanvoth on Washington. Weird vibe with that team.
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have to see more western teams to make prediction so I'm gonna wuss out and not predict yet.
Luongo's always had slow octobers but he's been particularly sh**ty lately and the Sedins don't have a gonad between them, so I don't feel good about Vancouver.
Gotta agree with Jordanvoth on Washington. Weird vibe with that team.
Washington is always good, and always flop in the playoffs. Scotty Bowman realized a long time ago that his Wings were blowing their load during the regular season then flopping in the playoffs. Once he started to pace them they started winning Cups again.
Old 1st November 2011
Quote:
East Coast bias?
&

'nuff said for now.

I don't think the Kings have enough depth to do it. Doughty, Richards, Kopitar and Simmonds is a good front end but what do their second and third lines look like? I'd argue that Miller and Price are better than Quick.

Sharks are loaded up front but who's on defense there other than Boyle and White? Goaltending may or may not be an issue.

Canucks have no balls, are tired from last years run and didn't get much (if at all) better in off season. I can't see it happening.
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
I don't think the Kings have enough depth to do it. Doughty, Richards, Kopitar and Simmonds is a good front end but what do their second and third lines look like? I'd argue that Miller and Price are better than Quick.

Sharks are loaded up front but who's on defense there other than Boyle and White? Goaltending may or may not be an issue.

Canucks have no balls, are tired from last years run and didn't get much (if at all) better in off season. I can't see it happening.
Didn't Simmonds get traded to the Flyers for Mike Richardsheh
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Didn't Simmonds get traded to the Flyers for Mike Richardsheh
I caught that too.

Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I caught that too.

Dude I think Thorton should just keep his mouth shut. What do ya think
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Yep

Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dude I think Thorton should just keep his mouth shut. What do ya think
He was Mr Mouth last season as well, he should focus on HIS team and HIS game.
Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear

Philly is slamming Buffalo in the 1st period. Time to change goalies there Mr Ruff?
Old 3rd November 2011
Sorry guys, I didn't realize Simmonds was included in that deal. Weird, I dunno, I have a hard time keeping up with certain teams.
Old 3rd November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Philly is slamming Buffalo in the 1st period. Time to change goalies there Mr Ruff?
Yeah Miller doesn't usually suck!
Old 3rd November 2011
Jordanvoth and I are happy Leafs fans! Just watching the replay of the Devils/Leafs. Leafs didn't play that great but we got a Brodeur who should be considering retirement and a Devils team in disarray, I'll take it!heh
Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah Miller doesn't usually suck!
Speaking of confidence OUCH... Nice save by Bryz on Vanek with no time heh Dev's tonightheh

Peace

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search