The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Sloppy play in the third Five PP's OUCH!!! That Canucks PP is scary good Heh but a wins a win And Henge, Lil Otav had a freak'n BLASTheh

Peace
must have been awesome. looks like there's definitely one player out there who doesn't belong. sticks out like a sore thumb. hate to say it, but Hartnell, your future lies with another team...

loving it,
marty.
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

October 15 dilemma: Watch Sharks on tv?
---or---
Go to a college game?

I think I'll go see our guys whack San Jose State
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Then they have 6 games in 10 nights or something like that!
I get the Jets (feels real good to say that!) game at 8.30 here in T.O.
But my session tonight starts at 9.30. Working is getting in the way of hockey and I'm not pleased. heh
I feel you man, gotta do some editting or studying tonight anyways, probably gonna skip the Jets game tonight and work on one of those two things.
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsonic View Post
October 15 dilemma: Watch Sharks on tv?
---or---
Go to a college game?

I think I'll go see our guys whack San Jose State
Definitely go to the game.
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty lester View Post
must have been awesome. looks like there's definitely one player out there who doesn't belong. sticks out like a sore thumb. hate to say it, but Hartnell, your future lies with another team...

loving it,
marty.
No way! Love Hartnell! Don't follow the Flyers like I do other teams but I've always had soft spots for both them and the Bruins and come on!

Can you imagine a line with Jagr and Hartnell the wicked hair line? Yeah?
Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
No way! Love Hartnell! Don't follow the Flyers like I do other teams but I've always had soft spots for both them and the Bruins and come on!

Can you imagine a line with Jagr and Hartnell the wicked hair line? Yeah?
I think Wayne Simmonds has his gig.heh

Peace
Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

anyone see the Pens/Caps game? Asham and Beagle fight. whoa. Asham laid him out. 2 punches. Beagle face plant to the ice. a bit scary for a minute there.

Asham/Ovechkin had some words in the penalty box.

hockey!
Old 14th October 2011
Give Asham credit for acknowledging that his remark was in poor taste.
Old 14th October 2011
Yeah the throat slash motion was not cool. Asham you did your job, shut the F&*k up.
Old 14th October 2011
Quote:
Yeah the throat slash motion was not cool. Asham you did your job, shut the F&*k up.
It's really not THAT bad, he apologized for the incident and owned up to it. Anyone know the status of Beagle now? I'm guessing he's out for a while but with what?
Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

he didn't do a throat slash.. not that i saw? he did a thing where he crossed his hands in front of him then made the sleepy sign w/hands together next to his face like he was napping.

anyway - i thought it was cool that he owned up to the not too classy factor of his gesture right away and didn't try to side step it.

what a punch though. damn.
Old 15th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post
he didn't do a throat slash.. not that i saw? he did a thing where he crossed his hands in front of him then made the sleepy sign w/hands together next to his face like he was napping.

anyway - i thought it was cool that he owned up to the not too classy factor of his gesture right away and didn't try to side step it.

what a punch though. damn.
Your right, there was no throat slash! Misremembered the action.
He did the right thing by owning up as well. A sportscaster brought up a good point . He said it's practically impossible to go from full on adrenaline to zero. Asham was just jacked from the fight.
Old 15th October 2011
Lives for gear

Arron Asham is what's wrong with the game. Fight then go to the box you ******! this ain't freakin Rollerball where everyones chants Jonathan as you prance around the rink. I don't care what kind of apologies he made, he has a screw loose.
Old 15th October 2011
Flames/Leafs at 7. Gotta family thing this afternoon and I have to find way to either watch the game or get home in time.heh
Old 15th October 2011
Lives for gear

Yesterday I was checking out this story about the 10 most expensive tickets to go see a hockey game. Winnipeg was #1 and Toronto was #2
Old 15th October 2011
Lives for gear

Sharks stunk up the joint last night. The only one who shared well at all was Pavelski. To much rust?
A week off then 2 games in a row (+1 on Monday).

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com
Old 16th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Yesterday I was checking out this story about the 10 most expensive tickets to go see a hockey game. Winnipeg was #1 and Toronto was #2
Can't believe the Peg is the most expensive!!
Leafs come back from 2 goals down to beat the Flames 3-2.
I'm not used to this!heh They looked good after the rust wore off.
Kessel has 5 goals in 2 games!
Old 16th October 2011
Quote:
Tix must be very, very cheap around the league if that's true. Tix start here at around 50$ and go up to $120. No scalpers here either, there's a seat exchange program so season ticket holders can sell individual tickets for games they don't want to go to.
Old 16th October 2011
Lives for gear

It looks like not many teams will be smokin' the leafs this season (sorry for the buzzkill). Maybe they can just drink beer instead ?
Old 16th October 2011
Lives for gear

This is the same article I was looking at the other day.

Ten Most Expensive Tickets In The NHL | Fox Business
Old 16th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can't believe the Peg is the most expensive!!
Leafs come back from 2 goals down to beat the Flames 3-2.
I'm not used to this!heh They looked good after the rust wore off.
Kessel has 5 goals in 2 games!
Kessel is good, no question. It's the way he left Boston is why we hate him. There's no need to create drama, just go!heh
Old 16th October 2011
Quote:
This is the same article I was looking at the other day.

Ten Most Expensive Tickets In The NHL | Fox Business
I just checked and the most expensive leafs ticket is $235 and the jets are $199! Man that's expensive!
When leafs play bruins the top ticket in Boston is $299 US. Ridiculous.
Old 16th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Tix must be very, very cheap around the league if that's true. Tix start here at around 50$ and go up to $120. No scalpers here either, there's a seat exchange program so season ticket holders can sell individual tickets for games they don't want to go to.
Yeah that report is a bit weird if that's the case. On the Jets site it lists the most expensive seat at $199 though.
How are you guys getting tix for so much cheaper than the stated price?
Old 16th October 2011
Quote:
Kessel is good, no question. It's the way he left Boston is why we hate him. There's no need to create drama, just go!heh
Agreed. Spoiled kid, helluva shot though. I saw that goal that Seguin scored...gorgeous goal. I think Seguin wil mature faster than Kessel even though Kessel is 4 or 5 years older. If Kessel has a great season this year then I might call the trade a draw, but I still think the Bruins won that trade on personality alone!
Now that being said I have to commend Burke for finally assembling a leafs team that actually might make the playoffs. He brutalized the Flames in the Phaneuf trade and has brought in good pieces that fit. If Reimer performs as expected the the East will be very competitive.
Bruins, Flyers, Penguins, Washington, Sabres, Lightning should be a lock and then it's a battle for the last 2 spots.
Old 16th October 2011
Lives for gear

Kessel fought back from cancer and is still in the game, he deserves a lot of credit for that. Testicular cancer too! ouch...
Old 17th October 2011
Quote:
Yeah that report is a bit weird if that's the case. On the Jets site it lists the most expensive seat at $199 though.
How are you guys getting tix for so much cheaper than the stated price?
Well $199 is the best seat in the house, if you're picky and want those seats that's what you'll pay, there aren't a lot of tickets in that range though. Most are in the $40-$100 range. Got me a pair for a game against the Bruins in February (after trying and failing to grab Leafs games).
Old 17th October 2011
Quote:
Kessel fought back from cancer and is still in the game, he deserves a lot of credit for that. Testicular cancer too! ouch...
I did not know that! Wow, at first I thought you were mistaken and mixing him and Jason Blake up. Either way, he's off to a hell of a start, as is Nugent Hopkins.
Old 17th October 2011
Quote:
Agreed. Spoiled kid, helluva shot though. I saw that goal that Seguin scored...gorgeous goal. I think Seguin wil mature faster than Kessel even though Kessel is 4 or 5 years older. If Kessel has a great season this year then I might call the trade a draw, but I still think the Bruins won that trade on personality alone!
Now that being said I have to commend Burke for finally assembling a leafs team that actually might make the playoffs. He brutalized the Flames in the Phaneuf trade and has brought in good pieces that fit. If Reimer performs as expected the the East will be very competitive.
Bruins, Flyers, Penguins, Washington, Sabres, Lightning should be a lock and then it's a battle for the last 2 spots.
We got raped in the Kessel trade.. at least we won by a long rural Alberta mile in the Phaneuf deal but try telling that to my uncle in Calgary.
Old 17th October 2011
Quote:
I just checked and the most expensive leafs ticket is $235 and the jets are $199! Man that's expensive!
When leafs play bruins the top ticket in Boston is $299 US. Ridiculous.

The Sharks!? Really that much? That's insane. I always assumed it wasn't that hot of a market for hockey down there. New York is a bit of a surprise as well, I thought that ticket would be way pricier.

Here's a link to the prices. It's kind of annoying because it really depends on who the Jets are playing, as if people are only coming to the games to watch the visiting team but whatever. Some of these teams in the "A" category are a joke. Pens/Caps are there because of Crosby/Ovi. Ducks are there because of Teemu Selanne. Tampa is a real bandwagon to be on these days as well. I get orginal six teams being in there because they will always have fans in every market no matter what. Basically after you've paid the fees and everything you're looking at about $60 at the minimum and that gets you a seat in P7 (way the hell up behind the goal net) against a "C" team (Columbus, Carolina, Nashville, Florida, Minnesota, New York Islanders, Buffalo, Colorado or Ottawa) so it's not cheap but what do people expect? It kind of sucks that I can't go watch the Moose on a whim for $30 but this is something worth caring about. Obviously we're a hockey market if we cleared 13,000 tickets in 10 minutes. There's literally not a seat to be had for another five years.
Old 17th October 2011
Lives for gear

Flyers West beat Flyers East in OT 3-2 the other night. Mike Richards gets a Standing O when he's announced. Then gets booed, welcome back. He did get the assist on the winning goal in OT

Peace

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search