The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 23rd July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Jets: Buff and Pavelec are both apparently not good at being sober while operating vehicles.

Leafs: We unloaded Schenn, horrible trade. Awful really. Philly is going to have the biggest, meanest and scariest defense in the league. We signed Holzer though, thank god for that. We'd be nowhere without that guy. It's going to be great to watch all of our prospects light it up in the AHL and never play cause of Burke.
What happened with Buff and Pavelec?
I'm not sorry to see Schenn go. Slow skater and poor decision maker.
He'll probably turn into Orr now that he's with the Flyers!!LOL
Old 23rd July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah as he goes "city shopping"... suuuuure.

If this happens, and probably will, Nashville gets four 1st round picks, great way to rebuild.

If Philly gets Weber, you might have good enough defense to justify the ****ty goaltending.

Jets: Buff and Pavelec are both apparently not good at being sober while operating vehicles.

Leafs: We unloaded Schenn, horrible trade. Awful really. Philly is going to have the biggest, meanest and scariest defense in the league. We signed Holzer though, thank god for that. We'd be nowhere without that guy. It's going to be great to watch all of our prospects light it up in the AHL and never play cause of Burke.
The Flyers bought Weber in for a three day tour of the the area last week From what I hear he loved it But for $110 mil wouldn't you Regardless of what you boyz up north think Philly is passionate about their hockey team

It's freak'n great to be talk'n hockey in July Be Safe Brother! Peace
Old 23rd July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Schenn=Orr? Sorry!!!
Old 23rd July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Regardless of what you boyz up north think Philly is passionate about their hockey team

Oh we know about you guys in Philly!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but the original 4 U.S. teams plus the Flyers,Pens,Wild and Sabres would be the hockey crazed cities. Not sure about the rest though...Devils maybe?
And yeah, it's great talking puck in July. Only 2.5 more months til the season begins.
Old 23rd July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh we know about you guys in Philly!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but the original 4 U.S. teams plus the Flyers,Pens,Wild and Sabres would be the hockey crazed cities. Not sure about the rest though...Devils maybe?
And yeah, it's great talking puck in July. Only 2.5 more months til the season begins.
LOL October 11th!!!
Old 23rd July 2012
Quote:
The Flyers bought Weber in for a three day tour of the the area last week From what I hear he loved it But for $110 mil wouldn't you Regardless of what you boyz up north think Philly is passionate about their hockey team

I'm fully aware of the real american markets.
Both Boston and Philly have my undying love. I have no problem cheering for either of those teams. I wish my Leafs were more like them. Florida and Tampa on the other hand...
Old 23rd July 2012
Quote:
Schenn=Orr? Sorry!!!
Luke Schenn will a) Be fired up to play in a market that digs his style b) be fired up to play with his little brother (who looked damn good in the playoffs imo) c) will likely benefit from the master that is Chris Pronger and d) have better coaching. He should work on his foot speed. RMX, you're going to LOVE this guy. He's scary.
Old 23rd July 2012
Quote:
Buff is currently starting his trial for boating under the influence.
Pavelec got a DUI back home in the Czech Republic, he hid the whole incident from Jets management due to the fact that he was currently working on a new deal with the team. He's issued an apology. Jets made some goofy signings, honestly, Winnipeg is not a good market for hockey. We love it here, but no millionaire is going to like it here. It's the most extreme weather. We get just as hot here and we do cold. There aren't a whole lot of options, considered an "economical" place to live. Rampant crime. You're not going to attract big talent. I get the feeling that Evander Kane wants out already. We'll see, but when we had AHL it was awesome, I could go to games whenever I wanted, $25 a ticket (high AHL price, but affordable), best attendance in the AHL (maybe second to Hershey), Mark Chipman had private Jets for the team, he really knows how to run a team and players loved coming here. I don't think the Jets will last here because even though we can fill the building, we can't put the talent on the ice, and I don't think the people here are going to want to play top dollar for a team that never wins. The Moose were always in the playoffs. We'll see.
Old 23rd July 2012
Nash to the Rangers, go figure. I hate the Rangers.
Old 24th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm fully aware of the real american markets.
Both Boston and Philly have my undying love. I have no problem cheering for either of those teams. I wish my Leafs were more like them. Florida and Tampa on the other hand...
I think Boston and Philly try to build teams that are going to be consistently good, but both will lack the long term superstar that can put them over the edge. Success is bought with big efforts and hard work with these teams. Anything short of 100% spells failure.
Old 24th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nash to the Rangers, go figure. I hate the Rangers.
Figures..
Old 24th July 2012
Sorry to hear about Weber RMX. If your team has that much for him certainly they can splurge for a decent goalie.... clocks ticking. Do it now. Mobeach, I think both Philly and Boston will be competitive, respectable markets for hockey long into the future. Both franchises have a culture of winning and players like that. Watch out for the Rangers though...
Old 25th July 2012
Lives for gear

As long as we don't hire Steve Kasper as head coach
Old 25th July 2012
Tough loss for Philly with Weber.
I'd be shocked if Pronger was back.
Old 26th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Figures..
Rick Nash does not one team make **** the Rangers!!! Oh well!!!
Old 26th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Tough loss for Philly with Weber.
I'd be shocked if Pronger was back.
Pronger's Done!!! Would of been nice!!! And Homer please don't trade Coututier and or Brayden Schenn.
Old 26th July 2012
Quote:
Pronger's Done!!! Would of been nice!!! And Homer please don't trade Coututier and or Brayden Schenn.
He's coming back. He's coming back. He's coming back. He's coming back.
Old 28th July 2012
Quote:
He's coming back. He's coming back. He's coming back. He's coming back.
Dream on ( screamed like Steven Tyler at the end of Dream On )
Old 28th July 2012
Old 28th July 2012
Do you ever get the feeling that Crosby would be even better if he wasn't faking being tough?
If I were him I'd get used to playing with wrist protectors(if there's such a thing).
Old 31st July 2012
Henge,
I think Crosby plays in a different NHL then superstars of pre lockout era had to play in. He has to be tougher.

Either way, I beat you to this years thread. Best be all moving to that one. If not I'm going to discuss with myself.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-...ml#post8121732

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search