The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 24th June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Speaking of brothers, the Bruins drafted PK Subbans brother Malcolm, a goalie!
What's going on with Rask?
Old 25th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
What's going on with Rask?
I haven't heard anything. They also have Anton Khudobin who's only 25 and posted a shutout in the one game he played at the end of last season. They're either stocking up on young goalie's or they're going to trade someone. I'm sure one of the new guys will end up in Providence.
Old 27th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
JVR goes from the Flyers to the Leafs!
I like the deal Now if we could only sign Parise and Stutter? Oh that's right we still got "Crazy Ivan"
Old 27th June 2012
Lives for gear

Shanny Shoulda Beena Shoe-In.

Shucks.

Shame.

SHAM !
Old 28th June 2012
Quote:
I like the deal.Schenn needed a change to improve and he should do well in Philly along side his brother. If Schenn can stop coughing up the puck at inopportune times he'll be really good.
JVR is a big forward. lets hope he can stay healthy!
I DON'T like the deal. Luke Schenn is one of the first Leafs draft picks in the last 15 or so years to turn into anything. He would have been just fine had the organization been supportive during a less than stellar year. Two years ago he had one hell of a year, he was top ten stats wise. Brutal move on Burke's part, but Schenn was a Fletcher pick and didn't support Burke's vision (whatever the hell that is). NOW, he's doing the same thing with Nazem Kadri, another year of this crap for him and the only way you're going to see him do well is if he's on another team. An organization in disarray I tell you. I'm optimistic that there will be a lockout this year and anyone who scoffs at me for being a passionate Leafs fan will be met with "hey, we didn't lose a game all year".
FVCK.

Good job getting rid of Gustaffson.
Skip Luongo, that's not going to be enough.
TANK LEAFS TANK. Why? Well, if Burke has to gas another coach he's likely to be fired and then we can get someone who's interested in rebuilding the Maple Leafs to be competitive in the NHL, not the US College circuit. There's enough talent in the GTA to win a cup alone, not saying that's your only option, but look in your own backyard once in a while.
Old 28th June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
Shanny Shoulda Beena Shoe-In.

Shucks.

Shame.

SHAM !
Brendan Shana-ban.

Dudes taken everything he's contributed to the game, and reversed it in my mind. If he were a player in todays game he'd likely be on the receiving end of some of these pitiful videos in which he yanks the leash and in not so many words states "This is a business, we need superstars to sell $9 hockey tickets in Dallas, don't hit them too hard". I don't recall anyone saying that when Scott Stevens ended Lindros's career but what can you do?
Old 28th June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
I like the deal Now if we could only sign Parise and Stutter? Oh that's right we still got "Crazy Ivan"
Shoulda given us Rinaldo. I like that guy.
Old 28th June 2012
Quote:
Who is this? Looks really familiar but I can't pull the name outta my head
Hextall?
Old 28th June 2012
I don't think Pavel Bure and Mats Sundin belong in the Hall of Fame.

Pavel Bure was a tremendous talent, he was exciting to watch. He was my favourite player growing up until peewee started and I was finally allowed to play full contact. He was rather one dimensional, inconsistent, didn't play long enough and never won anything substantial enough to warrant being inducted.

Mats Sundin is sort of in the same boat. If anything his leadership skills and the way he carried himself is why he belongs there. No substantial awards or honours (maybe a few Lady Byngs?) and never captained his team to a championship. Definitely deserved to have his name in the rafters but I'm not so sure about the HHOF. I think that might be a little bit of Toronto bias but it couldn't happen to a better guy whether he truly belongs there or not.

Sakic and Oates are no brainers. I feel bad for Oates, now the Ovie Dilemma is his issue, the last thing any coach needs. I really hope Ovie pulls his head out of his ass and plays to his potential next year, George Mcphee must be sweating bullets by now.
Old 28th June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
I DON'T like the deal. Luke Schenn is one of the first Leafs draft picks in the last 15 or so years to turn into anything. He would have been just fine had the organization been supportive during a less than stellar year. Two years ago he had one hell of a year, he was top ten stats wise. Brutal move on Burke's part, but Schenn was a Fletcher pick and didn't support Burke's vision (whatever the hell that is). NOW, he's doing the same thing with Nazem Kadri, another year of this crap for him and the only way you're going to see him do well is if he's on another team. An organization in disarray I tell you. I'm optimistic that there will be a lockout this year and anyone who scoffs at me for being a passionate Leafs fan will be met with "hey, we didn't lose a game all year".
FVCK.

Good job getting rid of Gustaffson.
Skip Luongo, that's not going to be enough.
TANK LEAFS TANK. Why? Well, if Burke has to gas another coach he's likely to be fired and then we can get someone who's interested in rebuilding the Maple Leafs to be competitive in the NHL, not the US College circuit. There's enough talent in the GTA to win a cup alone, not saying that's your only option, but look in your own backyard once in a while.
Yoiu know what I think happened to Schenn...Wilson. Totally screwed up his developement. Can he be a top 4 guy? I don't think so but I'm biased after seeing him cough up the puck so many times and lose so many foot races.
He was a minus 6 last season and a minus 23 overall in his career. That being said, he was being ruined by Wilson.
JVR is a minus 1 but damaged property. Without goaltending your toast and Reimer aint the guy.
I can safely say the Leafs will not win the cup next year!
Old 28th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Shoulda given us Rinaldo. I like that guy.
He's our energy guy I like him too I think JVR will be a good fit for your boyz He needs a change of scenery
Old 29th June 2012
Quote:
Yoiu know what I think happened to Schenn...Wilson. Totally screwed up his developement. Can he be a top 4 guy? I don't think so but I'm biased after seeing him cough up the puck so many times and lose so many foot races.
He was a minus 6 last season and a minus 23 overall in his career. That being said, he was being ruined by Wilson.
JVR is a minus 1 but damaged property. Without goaltending your toast and Reimer aint the guy.
I can safely say the Leafs will not win the cup next year!
It's all in this year, he had a horrible year but I still think Schenn is the real deal. Leafs don't have a fighter now.

SPEAKING of which, has anyone seen Goon? It was all shot right here in Winnipeg. For fans of Slapshot.

Reimer is a toss up still, the season was going really well until he got hurt. We'll see what next year brings.
Old 29th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's all in this year, he had a horrible year but I still think Schenn is the real deal. Leafs don't have a fighter now.
What happened to Orr?
Old 2nd July 2012
Quote:
What happened to Orr?
He's with the AHL team. He got the #$%^ kicked out of him and was out with a serious concussion.
Yeah I gotta see goon. LOVED Slapshot!!
Old 2nd July 2012
Lives for gear

The Dev's resign Marty for two And the freak'n Flyers resign Leighton for one WTF HOMER!!!
Old 2nd July 2012
Quote:
The Dev's resign Marty for two And the freak'n Flyers resign Leighton for one WTF HOMER!!!
Good stuff! Marty's got to retire with the Devils.
Old 4th July 2012
Lives for gear

Jagr to the Stars. 1year 4.5 mil. Good luck Jag's. These contracts are freak'n insane
Old 5th July 2012
Quote:
Jagr to the Stars. 1year 4.5 mil. Good luck Jag's. These contracts are freak'n insane
You want insane!!

Wild land top forward, defenseman in Parise, Suter - NHL Free Agency 2012
Old 5th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Talk about insane Matty Carle to the Bolts for 33 mil? WTF

Peace Brother
Old 5th July 2012
Quote:
Talk about insane Matty Carle to the Bolts for 33 mil? WTF

Peace Brother
Matt Carle...33Mil..what?!!!
Old 6th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, he probably drinks Ensure in the locker room
Old 6th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Matt Carle...33Mil..what?!!!
Who's that?
Old 9th July 2012
Quote:
Who's that?
Exactly!
Old 10th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Exactly!
Carle was Pronger's line mate. When Pronger went down Carle got a little lost
Old 10th July 2012
Lives for gear

So are the Flyers rebuilding?
Old 19th July 2012
Quote:
So are the Flyers rebuilding?
Flyers sign Weber to offer sheet: Report | Hockey | Sports | Toronto Sun

Nice start for a rebuild!! If the Preds don't match, the flyers get Weber for a first round pick! Tasty...
Old 19th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Flyers sign Weber to offer sheet: Report | Hockey | Sports | Toronto Sun

Nice start for a rebuild!! If the Preds don't match, the flyers get Weber for a first round pick! Tasty...
WOO...HOO...
Old 22nd July 2012
Lives for gear

On The Weber Watch...
Old 22nd July 2012
He says he'd like to stay in nashville...but I think that's a crock!
Just sayin the right things.
Old 23rd July 2012
Quote:
He says he'd like to stay in nashville...but I think that's a crock!
Just sayin the right things.
Yeah as he goes "city shopping"... suuuuure.

If this happens, and probably will, Nashville gets four 1st round picks, great way to rebuild.

If Philly gets Weber, you might have good enough defense to justify the ****ty goaltending.

Jets: Buff and Pavelec are both apparently not good at being sober while operating vehicles.

Leafs: We unloaded Schenn, horrible trade. Awful really. Philly is going to have the biggest, meanest and scariest defense in the league. We signed Holzer though, thank god for that. We'd be nowhere without that guy. It's going to be great to watch all of our prospects light it up in the AHL and never play cause of Burke.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search