The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 9th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
The Leafs beat the Habs, that's good enough for me
They had 5 GOALS scored on them in the 3rd period and still won!!!
Ottawa is going to be in tough this season to ge out of the basement, total rebuild.
Total collapse for the leafs. I hope they got it out of their system cause they got to close out 5 goal leads to be successful!
It's going to be a bumpy ride here in leafland.
Old 9th October 2011
Lives for gear

Former Bruin Barry Pederson thinks Toronto will make the playoffs and Montreal won't, Gord Kluzak strongly disagreed.
Old 10th October 2011
Lives for gear

Ok Jets, cue the comeback.
Old 10th October 2011
Lives for gear

What does everyone think about Bettmans proposed realignment?

Report: Gary Bettman proposes major NHL realignment - NHL - Sporting News
Old 10th October 2011
Winnipeg jets first game! With pics!

Hey guys,
Went down to The Forks with some friends to catch the game outside amongst thousands of people. It was overwhelming to say the least. CF-18 fly overs, tribute to Rypien, the first goal.. just unreal. I managed to grab a few shots of random Jets assorted shots from my phone. Crowd was intense. If you don't believe me tune into CBC on Tuesday for This Hour Has 22 Minutes and you'll see a plug they shot today at the game (and one of my friends on my shoulders). Crazy, crazy ****. Awful way to usher in the new era but whatever. Pics do it no justice.
Attached Thumbnails
Nhl 2011/2012-img-20111009-00194.jpg   Nhl 2011/2012-img-20111009-00197_3.jpg   Nhl 2011/2012-winnipeg-20111009-00193.jpg  
Old 10th October 2011
Quote:
Former Bruin Barry Pederson thinks Toronto will make the playoffs and Montreal won't, Gord Kluzak strongly disagreed.
Toronto HAS to make the playoffs this year, anything less and people will get fired. Montreal will make it and get bounced first round. Montreal as a hockey city is one of the worst. It's tough to watch your team lose over and over again. I would know, never once has a team I've cheered for won but Montreal's fans need to take a few lousy seasons upside the chin for the purpose of rebuilding and accept it. They have nothing coming up, they finish middle of the pack every year, get a middle of the pack draft pick and it's been that way for too long. They should tank a couple of years, trade some of your players for draft picks and rebuild the team and incorporate some bigger, tougher players into it. They are consistently an easy team to push around. Keep Price, Subban and Camalleri and look to build around that. Toronto looks really good already and that's without Tim Connelly, Nazem Kadri and Clarke Macarthur (who lead the team in goals last year) in their lineup. If was Burke I'd look to trade a defenseman for a forward at the deadline. There's too many top flight defenseman there to the point where some of them are playing in the minors. Trade for another top line winger. Speaking of which, if Kessel keeps shooting the puck the way he is I think he will finally live down the fact that two first round picks were traded for him. Both clubs should make it, now Winnipeg is an entirely different story unfortunately, it's going to be ugly for a few years here.
Old 11th October 2011
Congrats jordanvoth!! Amazing pics. Man it must have been INTENSE down there. I saw the opening of the season on HNIC and I couldn't believe the crowd in the peg back then!! Too bad about the result but the fact that the fans gave the Jets a standing O for the last part of the game was really touching.
As far as T.O. there's talk of trading Bozak. I agree they should trade a D for some more consistent firepower. Kessel will fall off like he always does and who knows what Connely will be like.
Great jersey.
Old 11th October 2011
Quote:
What does everyone think about Bettmans proposed realignment?

Report: Gary Bettman proposes major NHL realignment - NHL - Sporting News
It would be great if Detroit moved to the east. I love watching that team.
Old 11th October 2011
Lives for gear

wow. caps vs lightning game is wild. 5-5 entering the shoot out now.

tomorrow the panthers play the pens. i'm curious how the panthers will play.. like a whole new team there!
Old 11th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post
wow. caps vs lightning game is wild. 5-5 entering the shoot out now.

tomorrow the panthers play the pens. i'm curious how the panthers will play.. like a whole new team there!
Yeh, but a bore ass shootout.
Old 11th October 2011
Lives for gear

How come everytime I watch hockey, the team I cheer for never does what I tell them to ? They just never respond, so I'm done with it. Yep, I'm getting NHL 2012, and I'm gonna tweak those sliders in a way which makes the actions of studio mixers and masterers appear shallow and elementary. Then, I'm gonna trade my entire team. (yep, you guessed it, Canucks fan here....).
Old 11th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Congrats jordanvoth!! Amazing pics. Man it must have been INTENSE down there. I saw the opening of the season on HNIC and I couldn't believe the crowd in the peg back then!! Too bad about the result but the fact that the fans gave the Jets a standing O for the last part of the game was really touching.
As far as T.O. there's talk of trading Bozak. I agree they should trade a D for some more consistent firepower. Kessel will fall off like he always does and who knows what Connely will be like.
Great jersey.
Thanks Henge!
It was a magical day. There's a great pullout poster in todays paper, if I can find a print of it I want to get one framed. I will leave you guys with another photo from Sunday. Our packed arena. I will be honest, back in may I said the Drive to 13 would be a bust, and boy was I wrong. The building is sold out for the next five years. I've been in the MTS center many, many times watching our AHL team and even when we'd go deep into the playoffs the building never looked like this.

Let's not right Kessel off yet, I really do like him, he's got a great attitude and I hope he really pulls it together this year. Bozak is a bust in my opinion but I'd hate to see him go and develop into what Burke says he will.
Attached Thumbnails
Nhl 2011/2012-jets.jpg  
Old 11th October 2011
Lives for gear

Going to Nucks/Flyers home opener tomorrow night Should be a good oneheh Will see how the kid's play against a real good time.
And it's great to have hockey back

Peace
Old 11th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Going to Nucks/Flyers home opener tomorrow night Should be a good oneheh Will see how the kid's play against a real good time.
And it's great to have hockey back

Peace
you lucky b*&^rd! i am loving what i see of our new team. Simmonds
alone is worth the price of admission...and Jagrbomb! wow...he
and Claude...oh, and i really like our new goalie!

have fun,
m.
Old 11th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
How come everytime I watch hockey, the team I cheer for never does what I tell them to ? They just never respond, so I'm done with it. Yep, I'm getting NHL 2012, and I'm gonna tweak those sliders in a way which makes the actions of studio mixers and masterers appear shallow and elementary. Then, I'm gonna trade my entire team. (yep, you guessed it, Canucks fan here....).
I sold a song a few years ago to a hockey game, it was awesome to see my Leafs skate out to one of my songs. Personally, I think NHL 12 sucks, horrible hitting engine. I usually create a top line of monsters that are seven feet tall and 300 pounds and hammer everyone. Didn't work this time, my mutant players get pushed around by little guys.
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
I sold a song a few years ago to a hockey game, it was awesome to see my Leafs skate out to one of my songs. Personally, I think NHL 12 sucks, horrible hitting engine. I usually create a top line of monsters that are seven feet tall and 300 pounds and hammer everyone. Didn't work this time, my mutant players get pushed around by little guys.
Congrats on the former ..... and a BIG lol towards the latter ! I'm still buying it sometime this week, because I'm *convinced* I can tweak it to realistic perfection (when in reality it'll probably end up being very cartoonish).
Old 12th October 2011
Quote:
Which tune is yours? Do they still use it? Tres cool man.
Old 12th October 2011
The Van/Phil and Bos/Car games are on tonight. Can't wait to see how Jagr's doing as well as the Bruins. Wonder how Luongo's going to be and I want to see if the Sedin's are still pussys. Great night for hockey watching!
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Van/Phil and Bos/Car games are on tonight. Can't wait to see how Jagr's doing as well as the Bruins. Wonder how Luongo's going to be and I want to see if the Sedin's are still pussys. Great night for hockey watching!
Henge On my way now with Lil Otav(my son) He's Freak'n STOKED...
Old 12th October 2011
Lives for gear

Anybody know why there's such a gap in the schedule? Sharks played opening night last weekend. Next game is coming up this weekend.
Is it because of the Europe trip?

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Henge On my way now with Lil Otav(my son) He's Freak'n STOKED...
How many games do you get to go to a year? According to the pre game show Jagr's been outstanding. Great gamble.
Have a great time at the game with your kid.My son took me to a Leaf game last season and it was amazing.
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsonic View Post
Anybody know why there's such a gap in the schedule? Sharks played opening night last weekend. Next game is coming up this weekend.
Is it because of the Europe trip?

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com
Yeah that would be my guess. Although the leafs have 6 days off as well!
Old 13th October 2011
Man that Philly game was wild!!
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Which tune is yours? Do they still use it? Tres cool man.
NHL 2K10 the song is called "Take it Back" Enjoy the pic of me at 15.
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
Congrats on the former ..... and a BIG lol towards the latter ! I'm still buying it sometime this week, because I'm *convinced* I can tweak it to realistic perfection (when in reality it'll probably end up being very cartoonish).
Cartoonish is better, my brother updates rosters, plays it realistic.. eh SCREW THAT, I create monster trucks on skates and try to run everyone over. The best improvement is hitting the goalies, love running the goalies. I miss the slash button they had in 2010.

Oh you can create girls as well. I've got me a burly 7 foot tall 300 pounder bringing down the female scorn.
Old 13th October 2011
God I hate long breaks, think the Jets play the Blackhawks tonight. Leafs don't play till the 15th. Commence thumb twiddling.
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
God I hate long breaks, think the Jets play the Blackhawks tonight. Leafs don't play till the 15th. Commence thumb twiddling.
Then they have 6 games in 10 nights or something like that!
I get the Jets (feels real good to say that!) game at 8.30 here in T.O.
But my session tonight starts at 9.30. Working is getting in the way of hockey and I'm not pleased. heh
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man that Philly game was wild!!
Sloppy play in the third Five PP's OUCH!!! That Canucks PP is scary good Heh but a wins a win And Henge, Lil Otav had a freak'n BLASTheh

Peace
Old 13th October 2011
Quote:
Sloppy play in the third Five PP's OUCH!!! That Canucks PP is scary good Heh but a wins a win And Henge, Lil Otav had a freak'n BLASTheh

Peace
So your kid got to see 9 nhl goals in one game live, very lucky kid! Doing it with dad...priceless.
Well Philly doesn't look like their missing Richards or Carter. Great offense.
Luongo's off to his usual slow start. Sedins=skilled but still pussies.
Flyers, Pens games are going to be amazing.
By the way Crosbie's cleared for full contact.
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

My kids kinda pissed. He wanted to go to the Kings game on Sat but he's got a junior Flyers game. Oh well
Peace

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search