The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 4th May 2012
  #1051
Lives for gear
 
andsonic's Avatar
 

In the 3rd period, the Blues came out playing the way they needed to (fast & loose), and were inches away from tieing it up. Then LA just started skating faster.
It was a fun game to watch (in the 3rd).:thumbup:

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz App
Old 4th May 2012
  #1052
Lives for gear
 
rmx16's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
What a way to lose!
The problem is the Flyers aren't playing like a desperate team and the Dev's are
Old 4th May 2012
  #1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsonic View Post
In the 3rd period, the Blues came out playing the way they needed to (fast & loose), and were inches away from tieing it up. Then LA just started skating faster.
It was a fun game to watch (in the 3rd).:thumbup:

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz App
Talk about a team peaking at the right time!! Doughty is a real cornestone.
Old 4th May 2012
  #1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
The problem is the Flyers aren't playing like a desperate team and the Dev's are
Bingo!! Why is that?
Old 5th May 2012
  #1055
Watching Rangers/Caps and Lundqvist is unbelievable! In Toronto I never get to see consistently spectacular goaltending. I've forgotten how dominant a goalie can be eg. Roy, Belfour, Brodeur, Hasek etc. Guys who change games just because you can't score on them.
Caps goalie is palying great as well.
Old 6th May 2012
  #1056
Lives for gear
 
MoBeach's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
The problem is the Flyers aren't playing like a desperate team and the Dev's are
The Bruins were the same way. How and why all teams don't play desperate in the playoffs is beyond me.
Old 6th May 2012
  #1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
The Bruins were the same way. How and why all teams don't play desperate in the playoffs is beyond me.
Could be that bodies wear down and that extra gear is gone.
It really is a brutal marathon. Just watching Blues/Kings in the first and the Blues look beat already!
Old 6th May 2012
  #1058
Lives for gear
 
MoBeach's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Could be that bodies wear down and that extra gear is gone.
It really is a brutal marathon. Just watching Blues/Kings in the first and the Blues look beat already!
The Kings are surprising me, they look pretty strong up to this point.
Old 6th May 2012
  #1059
Lives for gear
 
MoBeach's Avatar
 

A hand shake then Tee time for the Blues! They were the #2 seed?
Old 7th May 2012
  #1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
A hand shake then Tee time for the Blues! They were the #2 seed?
Upset for sure but the Kings looked real strong.
Hope Philly can pull it out tonight.
Old 7th May 2012
  #1061
Lives for gear
 
MoBeach's Avatar
 

NJ came out strong, gonna be a close one!
Old 7th May 2012
  #1062
Kings! Wow.
Flyers can't win with Bryzgalov. The only reason they beat Pittsburgh was cause Fleury really sucked. Like the team, dumb decision picking him up when they could now be in the Luongo hunt.
Old 7th May 2012
  #1063
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Kings! Wow.
Flyers can't win with Bryzgalov. The only reason they beat Pittsburgh was cause Fleury really sucked. Like the team, dumb decision picking him up when they could now be in the Luongo hunt.
Well if they score 10 goals then they can win with Bryz!
Old 7th May 2012
  #1064
Lives for gear
 
MoBeach's Avatar
 

No goalie is infallible, he needs a consistent defense in front of him.
Old 8th May 2012
  #1066
Lives for gear
 
rmx16's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Kings! Wow.
Flyers can't win with Bryzgalov. The only reason they beat Pittsburgh was cause Fleury really sucked. Like the team, dumb decision picking him up when they could now be in the Luongo hunt.
Dude Bryz hasn't been the problem The D has

Will see what happens in our house tonight
Old 9th May 2012
  #1067
Lives for gear
 
MoBeach's Avatar
 

The Caps lost that game last night in the last 7 seconds! You know what you do with 8 seconds left? You take a blatant penalty! Then you win! Boneheads..
Old 9th May 2012
  #1068
Lives for gear
 
MoBeach's Avatar
 

I think NJ earned that series. Philly needs to tighten up that D in the playoffs. I certainly won't blame the goalie.

My pick for the finals is the Devils and Kings, resulting in the Kings winning the cup.
Old 9th May 2012
  #1069
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
I think NJ earned that series. Philly needs to tighten up that D in the playoffs. I certainly won't blame the goalie.

My pick for the finals is the Devils and Kings, resulting in the Kings winning the cup.
No doubt the D in Philly weren't great but the #1 reason for losing the series...Bryz. He let in backbreaking goals that sapped his teams energy.
No goalie = no cup. Been a problen in Philly for years, they have to get a #1 goalie and then watch out.
Also that Flyers/Pens series was insane in terms of violence. How beat up were the flyers after that series? Thet seemed to be skating slower that the first series and I wonder if they were just really beat up.
Anyway my 2 cents.
I think that Lundquist will out duel Broduer in that series and I'll be shocked if the Kings lose, so I'll say Rangers /Kings.
Old 9th May 2012
  #1070
Lives for gear
 
rmx16's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
No doubt the D in Philly weren't great but the #1 reason for losing the series...Bryz. He let in backbreaking goals that sapped his teams energy.
No goalie = no cup. Been a problen in Philly for years, they have to get a #1 goalie and then watch out.
Also that Flyers/Pens series was insane in terms of violence. How beat up were the flyers after that series? Thet seemed to be skating slower that the first series and I wonder if they were just really beat up.
Anyway my 2 cents.
I think that Lundquist will out duel Broduer in that series and I'll be shocked if the Kings lose, so I'll say Rangers /Kings.
Losing Pronger hurt Some of the blame has to go to Ed Synder for going out and getting Bryz when he could of got Mike Smith for cheap And remember their were eight rookie's playing on the team. They will be good for a long time The Dev's out played them

GO KINGS!!!
Old 9th May 2012
  #1071
Lives for gear
 
rmx16's Avatar
 

OUCH!!!
Old 9th May 2012
  #1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Losing Pronger hurt Some of the blame has to go to Ed Synder for going out and getting Bryz when he could of got Mike Smith for cheap And remember their were eight rookie's playing on the team. They will be good for a long time The Dev's out played them

GO KINGS!!!
Can you imagine this Flyers team with Smith!!.
Yup, great long term future for this Flyer team. Has anyone seen or heard about Pronger. I can't see him coming back, he's gotta take care of his life!!
Old 9th May 2012
  #1073
Lives for gear
 
andsonic's Avatar
 

I'm liking the Kings, but both these goalies are monsters. I'm not sure who wins through to the finals.

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz App
Old 10th May 2012
  #1074
Lives for gear
 
MoBeach's Avatar
 

The Rangers will be the best chance to keep the Cup in the east. The Kings might not even make it, we'll see
Old 10th May 2012
  #1075
The New York Rangers Think They Already Won The Series

CAPS IN SEVEN.

May the hockey gods curse that arrogant, wretched piece of sh*t organization for many years to come. Tortorella can hold a press conference in which he pulls out his Horatio Cane routine.
Old 10th May 2012
  #1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
The New York Rangers Think They Already Won The Series

CAPS IN SEVEN.

May the hockey gods curse that arrogant, wretched piece of sh*t organization for many years to come. Tortorella can hold a press conference in which he pulls out his Horatio Cane routine.
LOL! Love it! Gotta love what Hunter has done with OV. He's really turned the Caps into a much more complete team.
Old 10th May 2012
  #1077
Lives for gear
 
rmx16's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
The New York Rangers Think They Already Won The Series

CAPS IN SEVEN.

May the hockey gods curse that arrogant, wretched piece of sh*t organization for many years to come. Tortorella can hold a press conference in which he pulls out his Horatio Cane routine.
Old 10th May 2012
  #1078
Lives for gear
 
MoBeach's Avatar
 

Go Caps!
Old 12th May 2012
  #1079
ahhh I love the smell of a game 7!!
Hope it's a great game, unfortunately I gotta work tonight...
Old 12th May 2012
  #1080
Lives for gear
 

Questions to make John Tortorella snap :


1) Why does your team play such a boring, trapping style of hockey ?

2) Are you always this stressed out ?

3) If you lose the next game, will you juggle the lines ?

4) Have you ever thought about cutting back on the caffeine ? I mean there *is* decaf coffee, y'know.....
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump