The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 19th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Or Golf, or Bass fishing, or Tennis. The only sports I can watch are Hockey and NFL Football.
Are you joking? Tennis is superb. Completely perfect balance between psychological and physical.

And I say that as a die-hard Winnipeg Jets fan.
Old 19th April 2012
Quote:
Or Golf, or Bass fishing, or Tennis. The only sports I can watch are Hockey and NFL Football.
Same here but I watch the CFL.The only other event that has signifigance for me are the Olympics.
For some reason I just love them!
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

The Capitals are now playing horrible defense. Ovechkin is coasting and goal-sucking. But they at least have a goalie who is (currently) bailing them out.

The Bozo goalies in the Pit/Phi series are really pathetic.
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Actually it's because people who see hockey for the first time can't follow the puck!! It's too fast for them to watch. I remember when the NHL was trying to grow the US market, they would digitally colour the puck with a yellow trail on it so new watchers could follow the puck.
Hockey demands keen vision, a quick mind, a thorough understanding of the rules along with appreciation and understanding of chaotic & creative spontaneity.

Sadly, too many minds fall short in these requirements. They literally can't process what's going on.
Old 20th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Hockey is like soccer, a bunch of guys running (skating) around for an hour or so, no score??? How B O R I N G.

There's a reason why the NHL has not grown, it's B O R I N G.

However, there is a solution: Sort of like those 80's games and that 45 goal game. People come to see scoring and winning, not a hour of wasted time (except for the fights).

Give them some high speed feedback, eliminate the goaly. Then you will see basketball like scoring and a fast paced game with some results.

Sure beats waisting an hour or so for some free shots to the goals? Why not skip the game and go right to that?
Must be from Dallas or Pheonix..
Old 20th April 2012
Quote:
Same except you should give CFL a try. 3 downs, shorter play clock, less spectacle. The downside is, less talent.

Fishing is only fun doing.
Tennis is just lame.
Golf is for old people and the Maple Leafs.
Old 20th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
The Capitals are now playing horrible defense. Ovechkin is coasting and goal-sucking. But they at least have a goalie who is (currently) bailing them out.

The Bozo goalies in the Pit/Phi series are really pathetic.
Holtby! Too cool,

I hate that my posts here keep coming to this buut...

my childhood teammates won gold over the weekend in the Woman's tourney.
Bailey Bram and Jocelyn Laroque. Too cool for them.

Ovie will be the best player in the world when someone straightens his ass out (never going to happen). Until then it's either Crosby or Malkin with Stamkos hanging around in third.

Don't count out Fleury yet, proven winner on lots of stages, I think if you check this whole thread I've repeated Bryz was a lousy choice. It's a shame cause I think that Flyers team with a healthy Chris Pronger and a legitimate number one goalie is a cup team, maybe next year.
Old 20th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Must be from Dallas or Pheonix..
Nope, from LA. Land of the Queens and Clucks. Perennial losers, too.

At least I still have the Clippers, they got some respect after years of jabs from my friends and Jay Leno.
Old 20th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Nope, from LA. Land of the Queens and Clucks. Perennial losers, too.

At least I still have the Clippers, they got some respect after years of jabs from my friends and Jay Leno.
ot surprising. I still think. Is coasting on the ret grown upzky fans of y. Once that generation moves on 'd be surprised if they mana'llhey still have a fanbase.
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Same except you should give CFL a try. 3 downs, shorter play clock, less spectacle. The downside is, less talent.

Fishing is only fun doing.
Tennis is just lame.
Golf is for old people and the Maple Leafs.
I never see any games televised, even when Doug Flutie was tearing it up.
Old 21st April 2012
Quote:
ot surprising. I still think. Is coasting on the ret grown upzky fans of y. Once that generation moves on 'd be surprised if they mana'llhey still have a fanbase.
Wow! Hockey anagrams. Never seen that before, nice.
Old 21st April 2012
Lives for gear

Bye Bye Detroit! What a surprise that they couldn't even make it a 7 game series.
Old 21st April 2012
Quote:
Bye Bye Detroit! What a surprise that they couldn't even make it a 7 game series.
Man think about how much hockey that team has played over the decades.
25 games for Torres!! Wow.
Old 21st April 2012
Lives for gear

25 game suspension on Torres for knocking Hossa out of the playoffs.
Old 22nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Panic mode in Philly today C'mon Bryz stand on your ****'n head
GO FLYERS!!!
Old 22nd April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Panic mode in Philly today C'mon Bryz stand on your ****'n head
GO FLYERS!!!
You know the drill, let Pitt score first

The B's have to win today or it's tee time.

Ride into battle and chop off their heads :-)
Old 22nd April 2012
Rmx16 and MoBeach I wish your teams well.
30 seconds in and Flyers are up 1!!
Old 22nd April 2012
Lives for gear

I'm putting my 2¢ in for the Flyers, now that the Sharks are out.:(

Junior Flyers are facing Vacaville Jets for the final game of the season today. That means Dad (me) gets to drive 75 miles to the game. That's west coast hockey for ya.
Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz App
Old 22nd April 2012
25 game suspension. Wow, Shanaban is laying down the LAW. Totorella thinks Neil should be suspended too, Totorella thinks the camera should pan to him more often so he can talk.
Old 22nd April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsonic View Post
I'm putting my 2¢ in for the Flyers, now that the Sharks are out.:(

Junior Flyers are facing Vacaville Jets for the final game of the season today. That means Dad (me) gets to drive 75 miles to the game. That's west coast hockey for ya.
Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz App
Same here in Ontario with all the tournaments etc. If your a sports parent, you're driving! Actually I hear dance is worse!! Thousands of $ on costumes, brutal competition etc.
Malkin just scored.
Old 22nd April 2012
Quote:
25 game suspension. Wow, Shanaban is laying down the LAW. Totorella thinks Neil should be suspended too, Totorella thinks the camera should pan to him more often so he can talk.
LOL! Torts is great entertainment.
I like the suspension. Torres is a repeat offender.
Old 23rd April 2012
Lives for gear

It was pretty stupid of the Pens to play Fleury in net so religiously. OTOH, Bryzgalov stopped 96.8% of the shots he faced today.
Old 23rd April 2012
Lives for gear

Fleury wasn't very impressive at all, granted Philly has some goal scorers but either Fleury had a bad series or he's not in the top tier.

What a way for Vancouver to say bye bye... first series and in OT!
Old 23rd April 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah, Canucks have the most futile and pathetic playoff record in NHL history. I sometimes wonder if it's somewhat the fan's fault (always expecting the worst) or if it's just the roll of the dice.

1000 thread posts !
Old 23rd April 2012
Canucks choke. I shed a tear...not.
B's hanging on, great first round!!
If I'm a Flyers fan I'm real worried about Bryz. Neither goalie played playoff caliber net, and your getting smoked if you don't have great goaltending.
Old 24th April 2012
Lives for gear

Rangers created a game 7. They have the momentum now.
Old 24th April 2012
Quote:
Rangers created a game 7. They have the momentum now.
Ha ha die sens..die. If there's ateam that can choke it's the Sens.
Old 24th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Ha ha die sens..die. If there's ateam that can choke it's the Sens.
At first I was really pulling for the Sens, but I don't know any more They're the only team left from the great white north.
Old 25th April 2012
Lives for gear

Old 25th April 2012
Quote:
LOL!! Good luck to the B's tonoght. I think they'll get it done.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search