The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
The Calgary vs. Edmonton rivalry and the Ottawa vs. Toronto rivalry has been so intense - there have been plenty of emotional casualties and extreme resentment.

Silly, obnoxious, juvenile, volatile and plenty of fun. This is the world of team sports !
It's not quite as bad as the European and British fanaticism regarding Soccer, oops sorry.. football!

Good win Ottawa!

Bad loss Boston!

Boychuck wiffed on a clearing attempt and it was costly.
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Freak'n nervous today My boyz play like ass at home
Peace
Old 15th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Freak'n nervous today My boyz play like ass at home
Peace
I'm taking the day off to watch this game! This might be one of those series where home ice doesn't matter.
It's only game 3 but it's been amazingly entertaining series.
rmx16, I wish your boys luck.
Old 15th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
At some point in Canada's history was there a civil war?
Thought I posted this already.
Hockey in Canada Leafs/Habs/Sens all hate each other with the Leafs/Habs rivalry being the most bitter.
Flame/Oiler/Canucks all hate each other with the Flame/Oilers rivalry being the most heated

All Canadian cities hate the Leafs
All Canadian cities hate the Canucks because they're such incredible sucks.
Everybody loves the Jets because they're new and shiney. Soon they'll be hated by someone.
If Quebec City gets another franchise then the Habs/Nordiques rivalry is INSANE.
That being said if I see a guy wearing a Habs jersey I won't beat him to death.
It aint football/soccer!
Seriously we all get along, say "sorry" too much and we don't pronounce boat, "boot" as far as I can tell.[/SIZE]
Old 15th April 2012
This has been one of the most acrimonious playoffs I've ever seen!!
Who says there's no fighting in the playoffs!!
Old 16th April 2012
That Flyers/Pens game was NUTS!! Crosby's one pop away from a summer of nausea!.
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

The Flyers/Penguins series could set a goal scoring record. So much for defensive minded playoff hockey
Old 16th April 2012
Quote:
The Flyers/Penguins series could set a goal scoring record. So much for defensive minded playoff hockey
Also these 2 teams are going to be so beat up, it'll be more difficult to go up against an opponent that had an easier series. Unless it ends in 4.
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

The real deal! Not some poser from Pen's country
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

****'N ASSHOLE!!!
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

The Canucks are poised to make a rather 'Quick' exit from the playoffs.

Henrik Sedin got smoked for standing around, looking at the puck.
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Marc-Andre Fleury is the siv of the century in that series.

Pathetic. Lame. Funny. Sad.

And for the coach not to see it, and keep thinking he was going to recover at some time, is entirely baseless and stupid.
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
The Canucks are poised to make a rather 'Quick' exit from the playoffs.

hehhehheh

Henrik Sedin got smoked for standing around, looking at the puck.
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
****'N ASSHOLE!!!
It looked like a shot to the face to me.
Old 16th April 2012
Quote:
The real deal! Not some poser from Pen's country
What is this man's t shirt budget!!
Old 16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Quote:
Lol! Let's see if Shanny has the ***** to suspend for a long time
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

Sharks

Old 18th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Can't do it man. Sens and Habs must die. It's in my dna.
I'm actually cheering for the Sens.

Man this is the best hockey I've seen in years. If I had it my way I'd only watch during the playoffs, but as a Leafs fan... yeah yeah don't laugh.

Torres is going to get a suspension, a really long one that keeps him out of the post season but I disagree. There's a .5 second rule, and the ONLY reason they can prove he was .8 seconds late is because of the frame by frame, not like he's counting. Also, due to this frame by frame stuff we can tell he did not leave his feet at the point of contact. It will be an outcome based thing. Hossa is gone for the playoffs (don't know for sure, but If I was betting..) so they'll make the same sort of setup. My problem, Vancouver is missing their best player because of a hit I don't need frame by frame to see was cheap but the offender, Duncan Keith got a couple games for it. The NHL set precedent for this "eye for an eye" suspension when they suspended Aaron Rome for his hit on Nathan Horton. My BIGGEST problem is the inconsistency of its application, but the NHL seems to make things up as they go to fit the framework of a league that makes big money like the NFL, which requires American fans and tons of them. Despite this, something tells me it's not going to happen.

By the way, if you care to dig around and just see how god awful some of these American teams are doing, head to any teams official site and look at ticket prices. For $9 you can see a Dallas Stars game. Nice, that multiplied by 8 will get you a nosebleed at the MTS Center.

PS) I'm not trying to rip on you Yanks. I love the Flyers, B's but you guys got some lame teams.
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

This mornings Phila Daily News What can I sayheh
Attached Thumbnails
Nhl 2011/2012-562844820.jpg  
Old 18th April 2012
Quote:
LOL narsty! Well that's what you get for getting paid millions to play a game.
You have to put up with this stuff. Hilarious.
Like jordanvoth said, this is some of the best hockey I've seen in a long time. There's no way the physicality can keep up over 4 series though. I watched a bit of Preds/Wings and it was tame in comparison to the Flyer/Pens.
Should be a good one tonight.
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

The Bruins/Caps series has been pretty tame but they're starting to get feisty, especially Backstrom who just got 1 game off for a cross check to Peverley's face with 5 seconds left in the game. Perfect opportunity to take another one on the road then finish them off at home! (in theory any way)

I've been following the PA series and hope Philly can pull off the sweep.
Old 18th April 2012
Quote:
I'm getting sick to death of hearing this, Sid acknowledged this stuff and has stated several times he's no longer doing this. Keep in mind, he's the captain and he's the guy who's going to be talking to the refs, just like any captain. He's also the best player in the world and draws the heavy checking, hooking, holding so if someone's going to complain it will likely be him or another player of that calibre or whoever is first among the "good-but-not-Crosby" category. In the last Philly/Pitts game I thought he was stupid. He came unravelled and it was brutal. I'm still cheering for Philly but Pittsburgh SHOULD have won this series but I'm psyched to see Philly do well.
Old 19th April 2012
Man, what defensive showdown in the Pitts/Philly series.
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Man, what defensive showdown in the Pitts/Philly series.
They set a record for the most goals in a 4 game series so far. 45!
Old 19th April 2012
Quote:
They set a record for the most goals in a 4 game series so far. 45!
What the hell is going on in this series. It's like hockey on acid!!
No D or goaltending to speak of. Whoever wins ain't going far with goaltending like that.
Unbelievable. The coaches must be freaking!LOL
Entertaining as hell though. We bought a new house yesterday( actually 100++ years old ) and got back in time for the last 2 periods.
My wife is all excited about the house and I'm flipping put over the game!! She's talking about this room and that room and I'm going "13 goals in a playoff game...WHAT".
Good times
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
What the hell is going on in this series. It's like hockey on acid!!
No D or goaltending to speak of. Whoever wins ain't going far with goaltending like that.
Unbelievable. The coaches must be freaking!LOL
Entertaining as hell though. We bought a new house yesterday( actually 100++ years old ) and got back in time for the last 2 periods.
My wife is all excited about the house and I'm flipping put over the game!! She's talking about this room and that room and I'm going "13 goals in a playoff game...WHAT".
Good times
It reminds me of the west coast style of the 80's or early 90's. Full throttle offense with no defense. it's like watching the All Star game I think it all ended when NJ came out with the trap defense.
Old 19th April 2012
Hockey is like soccer, a bunch of guys running (skating) around for an hour or so, no score??? How B O R I N G.

There's a reason why the NHL has not grown, it's B O R I N G.

However, there is a solution: Sort of like those 80's games and that 45 goal game. People come to see scoring and winning, not a hour of wasted time (except for the fights).

Give them some high speed feedback, eliminate the goaly. Then you will see basketball like scoring and a fast paced game with some results.

Sure beats waisting an hour or so for some free shots to the goals? Why not skip the game and go right to that?
Old 19th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Hockey is like soccer, a bunch of guys running (skating) around for an hour or so, no score??? How B O R I N G.

There's a reason why the NHL has not grown, it's B O R I N G.

However, there is a solution: Sort of like those 80's games and that 45 goal game. People come to see scoring and winning, not a hour of wasted time (except for the fights).

Give them some high speed feedback, eliminate the goaly. Then you will see basketball like scoring and a fast paced game with some results.

Sure beats waisting an hour or so for some free shots to the goals? Why not skip the game and go right to that?
Actually it's because people who see hockey for the first time can't follow the puck!! It's too fast for them to watch. I remember when the NHL was trying to grow the US market, they would digitally colour the puck with a yellow trail on it so new watchers could follow the puck. Actually, that was like hockey on acid!LOL.
The fastest most exciting team sport in the world is hockey.
You want boring, watch Baseball.
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
You want boring, watch Baseball.
Or Golf, or Bass fishing, or Tennis. The only sports I can watch are Hockey and NFL Football.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search