The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Caps/Rangers You tell me.The new season starts next week. Good luck to all the combatants.
Old 7th April 2012
Hate the Caps, hate the Rangers too, go Rangers though. The only US teams I like are Boston and Philly, maybe Boston a bit more cause I'm a Milan Lucic fan.
Old 7th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Tortorella did commentary for TSN in Canada before his gig with the Rangers.Very passionate guy who said what he felt.
Tortorella is a big joke. Acts all gruff to the media and then GUSHES for 24/7. Disses our team and the NHL's return to Winnipeg. I don't have kind words for him or his team that for the exception has been a great place for great players to underacheive.
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

If the Caps beat the Rangers today and the Sens lose to the Devils, the Caps will play the Bruins in the 1st round and Sens will get the Rangers. Not likely but very possible.
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
If the Caps beat the Rangers today and the Sens lose to the Devils, the Caps will play the Bruins in the 1st round and Sens will get the Rangers. Not likely but very possible.
Love to see the Rangers/Sens in the first round Don't think the Caps have the fire power any more. But will see!

Curious to see how the Flyers/Pens game shakes out today? I think its going to be a boring game
Old 7th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Tortorella is a big joke. Acts all gruff to the media and then GUSHES for 24/7. Disses our team and the NHL's return to Winnipeg. I don't have kind words for him or his team that for the exception has been a great place for great players to underacheive.
Did not know this!! What problem could he have with the Peg?
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Love to see the Rangers/Sens in the first round Don't think the Caps have the fire power any more. But will see!

Curious to see how the Flyers/Pens game shakes out today? I think its going to be a boring game
Yup! Ottawa has a 3-1 record against the Rangers this season.
Old 7th April 2012
Quote:
Did not know this!! What problem could he have with the Peg?
Cause we don't give a flying Fvck about him, or his team. Sorry, we're not interested in his Haratio Cane antics. Sidney Crosby... YOU DA MAN. GREAT reply. Here's how I see it, a few years ago we all sat around wondering if the best hockey player in the world was Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin. Now we all sit around wondering if it's Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin, while also pondering if Kris Letang (don't like this guy, but I can admit it) is the best Dman in the league. The Pens are going to kill whatever is in there path. I think the best bet to seeing them fall is if Boston grinds them up but I don't think they'll match their speed. I haven't seen a St. Louis game this year so I have no clue what kinda team they are but if someone can tell me I'd be glad to hear it. I know Halak is a great goalie but we'll see. It's Pens, Pens, Pens and Pens. They are the best team with the two best players in the world, one of the best defenseman, and a GREAT, underrated goalie. If all goes according to plan, the Penguins will win. Tortorella is a yappy little chihuahua. He needs to shut his mouth and focus on his own players and quit trying to be confrontational when he doesn't need to be. Every coach has that edge to them but to me, it looks like Tortorella does it at every turn cause despite his lousy relations with the media, I think he is an attention seeking ***** and would be the type of person who would love to see a hollywood biopic about himself. John if you're reading, not bad season given your team in my mind, has always been the type of team where high calibre players go to be distracted and underacheive (Bure, Lindros, Leetch et al) but you're not going to win. You're crap comes off as pure jealousy.

Now for a coach that I like, I LOVE Claude Noel, watch some of his post game interviews. Great coach, not my team though.
Old 7th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Hate him when we play them, love him when we dont He speaks the truth
He speaks jealousy. Not much else to me.

Pens will win.
I hate the Pens, one of my co-workers has one of those Property of the Winnipeg Penguins t-shirts that was printed during our crazy desire for a team and Pittsburgh's financial uncertainty. I don't like hockey teams where hockey teams shouldn't be. There aren't any NFL teams in Canada because we wouldn't support and it doesn't work here. I feel the same way about hockey. Things look good right now because they're a winning team.
Old 7th April 2012
Lives for gear

The Devils beat the Sens!

Seguin just got his 29th and Marchand his 28th.

3-0 Caps! Tort is shaking his head

The B's just might be facing the Caps in round 1.
Old 9th April 2012
Lives for gear

Picks!!!Let's hear them!!! You know who I'm going with!!!heh
Old 9th April 2012
Lives for gear

I have to go with the B's! There are definitely some better teams out there (just like last year)
Old 10th April 2012
Senators v Rangers
Sens are a remarkable story, this was supposed to be a rebuild year that took a miraculous turn for the better. Spezza is finally playing the way everyone knew he could and nobody saw Erik Karlsson coming the way he did. He's the only candidate for the Norris this year. The Rangers have finally shed their image of the big apple big stars flock to so they can underachieve and bask in the glow of the marvel that is New York. King Henrik (I'm only using this moniker cause I'm not attempting the spelling of that) is a top flight goalie and the team seems to get it done by committee but I haven't a whole lot of them. John Tortorella is big tool but seems to really inspire his players and manages to draw the media circus to his corner of the world keeping the pressure and tough questions.

Cheering for: OTTAWA
Reality: New York in 7 (but anything that goes to 7 can go either way).

Canucks v Kings
Anything less than a Stanley Cup for the Vancouver Canucks will be a massive disappointment. The pressure is on them to win it all, Daniel Sedin is said to be back in the lineup, the team clinched the President's trophy and both goalies are in fine form. The Kings look daunting up front to even the best defenses. If Richards and Carter get their games going they could be a hard team to beat if games come down to a track race. Defense on this team is thin after trading Jack Johnson away but they still have Doughty to play the point on the powerplay. John Quick is also a respectable opponent but not at the level of either Luongo or Schneider.

Cheering for: VANCOUVER
Reality: Vancouver should take it in five or six.

Bruins v Capitals
Here's a mismatch. The Bruins are a wounded bunch, but they're still mean not unlike a rattle snake. If the Caps want to win this, do it in a polite fashion cause if you piss this bunch off and provoke them into playing that game they will kill anything in it's path. I don't think there has been a tougher team in my lifetime. Tim Thomas is a proven goaltender and Tukka Rask, if not ready, is very close to being a starting goaltender for Boston. They're big, skilled and another team that does it by committee. Check one line for the night and the other three get it done and they will kill you. Good all around team to pick for the championship. If you're going to beat Boston you need to be a skilled, speed team and Washington isn't that. They're kinda big, not the fastest team (Edmonton in a few years will be the team that beats Boston) and we know what Alexander Ovechkin does when things don't go his way. Neuvirth isn't a goalie who can steal games and the defense is thin as well. The key players for them will Chimera and Laich.

Cheering for: BOSTON cause I like them for Mobeach.
Reality: Boston in five.

Blues v Sharks
I haven't seen a St. Louis game all year, I know they're two best players are 50 point guys but I recall Jiroslav Halak and this seasons stats speak for themselves. San Jose's time to do it is now but I don't think they'll get past St. Louis due to fatigue, aging players and an unrest among the players that despite having all the skills and tools in place to go deep into playoffs, can't seem to get it done. Rebuild time in San Jose I think. Imagine if Boston kept Thornton though.

Cheering for: I'd love to see either of them do well.
Reality: St. Louis in four.

Devils v Panthers
Martin Brodeur might have a post season left in him and if he does it should be New Jersey as long as Kovalchuk doesn't follow Ovechkin's lead and Parise performs well. Should be a boring series to watch if New Jersey can score early. Panthers will likely be dependant on Kris Versteeg, his hideous haircut and Marcel Goc to handle their scoring. They've got great leadership in Ed Jovanovski who was part of the '96 Panthers team that went to the finals. Hopefully he's got enough in him for a post season that will see him play the way I remember him playing. The Panthers will also be dependent on free parking, free beer, free t-shirts and free hot dogs to get 4000 asses into those seats every night at $20 per ticket.

Cheering for: Florida relocating to Seattle, Saskatchewan or Quebec. New Jersey to stop playing the trap cause it's boring and to relocate to any other market that doesn't already have two NHL teams playing in it.
Reality: Wishful thinking. Florida in 7 (anyone want to predict attendances for these games?)

Blackhawks v Coyotes
Playoff success will not save the Coyotes, they're going to move but they should've pulled a page from Chicago's playbook a few years earlier. The Blackhawks were almost in the same boat the 'Yotes and pulled out of it by drafting good players and building a good team (not sustainable though). The Blackhawks are anchored by a smart offense that has all the right pieces in the right place. They have flashy forwards, two way forwards and a great defense in Keith and Seabrook. Goaltending is adequate for a team like this. The 'Yotes will not beat this team and it won't matter because the city of Glendale has been all but screaming "We don't care".

Cheering for: Coyotes, I resent that the Blackhawks could win a championship over cap the way they did and just "pay the fine". If Toronto wanted, they could do that and by a championship every year. I hate the Madhouse on Madison, a few years ago this team looked done so don't act like you're the most legit fanbase in the league when people Boston, Philly and anywhere in Canada all support their teams win or lose. I hope they fall on their own Chelsea Dagger.

Reality: Hawks in five. I can't name anyone noteworthy in Pheonix other than Doan and Yandle.

Penguins v Flyers
This is the one to watch I think. Penguins have the two best players in the world, one of the best defenseman and a very good goalie. The Flyers have injury troubles but with any luck at all they get Briere back and in his usual playoff mode. Giroux, Briere, JVR and Jagr make for great scoring up front. Hartnell needs to play with an edge and secondary scoring in Matt Read is a big plus. This team could use Chris Pronger though, and a goalie. It helps that there was feuding cause this will be exciting in almost every aspect.

Cheering for: I'll cheer for the Flyers for RMX16 and cause I've always been a fan of the team.
Reality: Penguins in 6 or 7

Predators v Red Wings
Red Wings are the Yoda of this league, they play smart disciplined hockey and they find ways to win. Holmstrom and Franson will need to be at their best. Teams that have one line of scoring get shut down easily. Barry Trots seems to drag any team he coaches into the playoffs, Tootoo for spark, Weber for responsible defense and Rinne is a vezina candidate this year. Wondering where the goals are going to come from though.

Cheering for: Predators
Reality: Predators in 7

That's my take.
Old 10th April 2012
Lives for gear

That all looks pretty accurate to me. I think if the Caps come in trying to act tough it'll be a mistake. If Ovechkin takes one of his patented runs at someone, it'll be a mistake. The Caps will have to score a couple early goals in every game to have a chance of winning. I'll say Boston in 6.
Old 10th April 2012
Man, jordanvoth wicked breakdown!
I'm torn between Boston and the Pens. I love the fact thet the B's can beat you with skill or pound the crap out of you. Tough to beat.
I love watching the Pens bcause of the skill and speed.
Be nice to see the cup come to Canada via Vancouver but if the team acts like they did last playoffs then I don't want to see it.
Always had allot of respect for Detroit.
As usual it's going to be a great playoff. The Pens/Flyers should be a brutal series.
Old 12th April 2012
That first period between the Pens/Flyers was nuts!!
RMX16...Bryz? Can he stand the pressure?
Old 12th April 2012
Lives for gear

They came back and took it! Canucks and Wings got upset as well.
Old 12th April 2012
Wild game that Pens/Flyers!
Old 12th April 2012
Lives for gear

Yep I'll take it!
Old 13th April 2012
Brayden's got a bit of Luke in him eh? VERY impressed.

I will say one thing, as a Flyers fan, the constant complaining and whining about Crosby and Malkin being cheap is a) stupid, they're not cheap players and b) pathetic and makes me really embarrassed to be a closet Flyers fan. You're a team with a long, beautiful history of simply taking care of it. Someone wants to run Giroux, they're going to pay. I died laughing at Briere's "They're trying to hurt me" schtick. Yes Mr. Briere they were and with good reason and within the confines of the game.

I must switch a prediction (I know that's bull**** but here goes).

The NHL hates hockey in Canada so LA will win. That's all. Need proof, it's happening before your eyes.
Why is Bitz receiving a 2 game suspension for what he did, which at least we can imagine might have been an accident (or in the same ballpark as a normal hockey play) but Shea Weber is only getting a $2,500 fine for something that can't be associated with or in the same ballpark of any legal constructive play in hockey? He GRABBED his HEAD and slammed it into the turnbuckle. A play that serves precisely nothing. I can interpret Bitz as zealous checking, young guy, first NHL playoffs maybe, anxious to help his team in the role he's been employed as and going a little too far. Weber's is pure stupidity and makes no sense but... Nashville doesn't win much hockey without that guy and Nashville is a market that needs the games, games won and asses in the seats only there because it's cheap and the team is winning. We call those fairweather fans. Almost every market except all the CDN teams, Detroit, Boston, Philly and New York. The rest are fairweather fans that don't support the team unless they're winning.
Old 13th April 2012
Lives for gear

Great game last night, Chris Kelly won it just into OT with a booming slap shot while flying down the left wing. The B's out shot them 30-17 but Thomas made some huge saves on some of them.
Old 13th April 2012
Lives for gear

Someone please tell Henrik to skate and shoot.... he doesn't always have to stand around and look for someone to pass to, does he ?

Maybe he really IS a mechanical twin doll, demonstrating the auto-pass feature.....
Old 13th April 2012
Lives for gear

Some guys don't want to work that hard if it doesn't add to their personal glory. Ovechkin used to be like that until he matured as a player.
Old 14th April 2012
Lives for gear

Canucks and Penguins both down 2-0. Who would have thunk it?
Old 14th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
Someone please tell Henrik to skate and shoot.... he doesn't always have to stand around and look for someone to pass to, does he ?

Maybe he really IS a mechanical twin doll, demonstrating the auto-pass feature.....
LOL!!
Every year I'm always surprised at how some series' turn out.
Old 14th April 2012
Lives for gear

I'm cheering for the Senators here on in.

Go Sens GO !!

Rock their elitist rangerbitchworld !!

GRRRROWWWWL !!

Skate !!

He senshoots ......

........ he SENSCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRES !!!!!
Old 14th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
I'm cheering for the Senators here on in.

Go Sens GO !!

Rock their elitist rangerbitchworld !!

GRRRROWWWWL !!

Skate !!

He senshoots ......

........ he SENSCORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRES !!!!!
Can't do it man. Sens and Habs must die. It's in my dna.
Old 14th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can't do it man. Sens and Habs must die. It's in my dna.
At some point in Canada's history was there a civil war?
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

The Calgary vs. Edmonton rivalry and the Ottawa vs. Toronto rivalry has been so intense - there have been plenty of emotional casualties and extreme resentment.

Silly, obnoxious, juvenile, volatile and plenty of fun. This is the world of team sports !
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

He shoots ...... he SENSCORRRRRRRRRRES !! heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search