The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Bruins had a crap weekend!
Mo **** THE RANGERS!!!
Old 6th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Mo **** THE RANGERS!!!
They played very well against the Rangers and lost, but Saturday they played like crap against the Islanders and lost.
Old 6th March 2012
Mo we got a game tonight! What's the deal with Horton?
Old 6th March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
That being said give me Lidstrom over Pronger,Hasek over Belfour, Sundin over Gilmour ( gonna get******* over that one!)
The best players in the world, come from the world...but most of them from Canada.
You sir. Are on something. Belfour (pride and joy of Carman MB) beat Hasek in 03(year?) and the only reason it happened was because Eddie was better. Pronger and Lidstrom are two totally different styles, and I'd take Pronger cause he's scary. Sundin over Gilmour sounds about right to me. Can't knock Sundin.
Old 6th March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
You sir. Are on something. Belfour (pride and joy of Carman MB) beat Hasek in 03(year?) and the only reason it happened was because Eddie was better. Pronger and Lidstrom are two totally different styles, and I'd take Pronger cause he's scary. Sundin over Gilmour sounds about right to me. Can't knock Sundin.
Sorry 'bout the Belfour thing! Forgot he was a Manitoba lad.
Lidstrom-1108 pts, +/- = 429!!!
Pronger - 686 pts, can't find +/-, scarier
Old 6th March 2012
The Rangers haven't won since 94 and in the time since they have been the team that big ticket players go to so they can underachieve and take in the (supposedly) wonderful city of New York. They have floundered and failed while still being the second biggest team in the NHL in terms of making money (behind my Leafs).

Here's what I think?

I think in CERTAIN (excluding Boston, Philly for sure) American markets teams HAVE to win to remain profitable and when they don't, fans lose interest.

I think if I looked over a bunch of this seasons games in which New York needed to win, I bet you'd find that penalties were

a) Bad
b) Non-existent in their favor
c) Called late in the game or periods where they hurt teams most
d) Unbalanced and if they weren't...
e) called against the opposing team early in the game to give New York a leg up and ensure that the opposing team played from a catchup scenario the whole game while looking fair on paper.

I'm not a big conspiracy theory guy but something stinks.

Calgary in 2004

Here's a clip of a goal by Hossa last year as the Hawks were desperate to get into the playoffs. The Hawks won this game by a goal. They squeaked into the playoffs by two points.

Kinda funny how these things happen when they should eh? We have a team fighting for their playoff lives. Another dead last, so why does it matter? Here's a recent clip from LA versus Columbus.

These are just a couple of examples that are plain sight. It's not always this obvious if you're not looking for it but if you are... it's almost predictable.

Add to the fact that a Canadian team hasn't won since Bettman took over, it looks bad. It looks worse when you take a peek at Bettman's conduct with the NBA prior to his work with the NHL.

I'm waiting for the tell-all book by a retired referee.
Old 6th March 2012
Quote:
Sorry 'bout the Belfour thing! Forgot he was a Manitoba lad.
Lidstrom-1108 pts, +/- = 429!!!
Pronger - 686 pts, can't find +/-, scarier
To hell with the Manitoba thing, he was a LEAF. A glorious Toronto Maple Leaf. Man we used to have good goalies. Cujo, Belfour..

Got me thinking.
Manitoban alumni.

Trevor Kidd - Played minor hockey in my hometown of Ste Anne (pop. 1500), started a high end coffee chain here called MountainBean. If you're in the neighborhood my handle is my real name. Look me up.

Garnett Exelby - played all his minor hockey in my hometown of Ste Anne as well.

Ian White - Watched him play as a 16 year old with the Eastman Selects, his dad was a teacher at my highschool.

James Reimer

Ed Belfour

I'm sure there are more.
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Mo we got a game tonight! What's the deal with Horton?
he's been out with something LOL, not sure what. Could be a concussion relapse.
Old 7th March 2012
Quote:
To hell with the Manitoba thing, he was a LEAF. A glorious Toronto Maple Leaf. Man we used to have good goalies. Cujo, Belfour..

Got me thinking.
Manitoban alumni.

Trevor Kidd - Played minor hockey in my hometown of Ste Anne (pop. 1500), started a high end coffee chain here called MountainBean. If you're in the neighborhood my handle is my real name. Look me up.

Garnett Exelby - played all his minor hockey in my hometown of Ste Anne as well.

Ian White - Watched him play as a 16 year old with the Eastman Selects, his dad was a teacher at my highschool.

James Reimer

Ed Belfour

I'm sure there are more.
No doubt. All i'm saying is I don't care who the Leafs win with and there are european players that I like as well as canadians...not canadiens.;-).
I'm so happy for Ian White. Lidstroms D partner. DREAM GIG!!
I wish the Leafs never traded him, great player. Gardiner makes up for his loss though. He'll be real good.
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Had a first jam for a new blues project tonight so I missed the game. I heard we beat the Leafs though

I saw the recap, looks like Seguin had a couple nice shots.
Old 7th March 2012
Quote:
Had a first jam for a new blues project tonight so I missed the game. I heard we beat the Leafs though

I saw the recap, looks like Seguin had a couple nice shots.
Cute!! I missed the first 2 periods cause of work. The B's are a complete team. The Leafs are still learning, Carlyle should be good for them.
Haven't seen the Rangers yet.They're doing amazingly well.
Anybody here see the Rangers on a regular basis?
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Clean or Dirty?
Old 7th March 2012
Quote:
Clean or Dirty?
Cant see it on my laptop!
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

I would have to say it's clean hit, the Flyers guys head was down. It's similar to the hit Boychuk took last week, you hate to see it happening to someone on your own team but in the pros you need to keep your head up!
Old 9th March 2012
Quote:
I would have to say it's clean hit, the Flyers guys head was down. It's similar to the hit Boychuk took last week, you hate to see it happening to someone on your own team but in the pros you need to keep your head up!
Gotta agree, a brutal but clean hit under the rules. First point if contact was the head though. Could kronwall have crouched lower, maybe.
I wonder what it feels like to get hit like that.
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

The way some guys keep themselves so low it's hard to throw a shoulder into them without making contact with the face/head. How else do you hit them to prevent the play from developing?

After watching it again he was reaching behind him to gather the puck so they could break out of the zone. The second he looked up Booom! Legal hit but it's a tough call regarding what he should have done, maybe pin it to the boards and wait for help? The puck was cleared around the boards pretty slowly so he was pretty much left hanging. That Red Wing had too much time to line him up.
Old 9th March 2012
Quote:
Cant see it on my laptop!
Under the god awful rules.... dirty. Should be a clean hit but I can't see how under the new rules this wouldn't warrant a suspension. Principle point of contact is the head.

My opinion, it should be the players responsibility to not put himself in a spot like that.
Old 9th March 2012
Quote:
My opinion, it should be the players responsibility to not put himself in a spot like that.
Yeah Voracek put himself in that position. He should've known where Kronwall was going to be AS he's skating to get the puck. He puts his head down for about a second and that's all it takes.
Haven't seen anything on the NHL site about it.
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

On this hit the shoulder clearly hit the face, no suspension or fine.

Old 10th March 2012
Quote:
On this hit the shoulder clearly hit the face, no suspension or fine.

Man, Boychuk looks up TWICE and still doesn't see Neal...crazy. Full speed collision both ways, wicked hit.

RMX16 give me reason to believe the Flyer's aren't going to [email protected]#$% the Leafs.
Just realized I actually get to watch the whole game tonight. Hope they don't suck.
Old 11th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man, Boychuk looks up TWICE and still doesn't see Neal...crazy. Full speed collision both ways, wicked hit.

RMX16 give me reason to believe the Flyer's aren't going to [email protected]#$% the Leafs.
Just realized I actually get to watch the whole game tonight. Hope they don't suck.
Henge
How bout two GIROUX and BRYZ Sorry Brother
Old 11th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
He was back playing after sitting out one game, tough player!
Old 11th March 2012
Quote:
Henge
How bout two GIROUX and BRYZ Sorry Brother
That shootout goal by Giroux was AWESOME!! Kids got hands, no doubt.
So that was the best the Leafs had played in weeks. Good to see that they can hang with teams like the Flyers and not get blown out.
That was actually the first time I saw Carlyle's system being worked to some degree and I agree with what he's doing
Old 11th March 2012
Quote:
He was back playing after sitting out one game, tough player!
So he's gotta be out with a concussion right?
Old 11th March 2012
Official Rules - NHL.com - Rules

Here are the official rules.

Please find attached my paper from last semester about Rule 48 and concussions in hockey.

Both the hits shown here are illegal according to the NHL rulebook. Unfortunately the rulebook is flawed and I don't feel like regurgitating the entire paper but it's attached for your amusement.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Rule 48 Rev 2.doc (49.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 11th March 2012
Quote:
That shootout goal by Giroux was AWESOME!! Kids got hands, no doubt.
So that was the best the Leafs had played in weeks. Good to see that they can hang with teams like the Flyers and not get blown out.
That was actually the first time I saw Carlyle's system being worked to some degree and I agree with what he's doing
UNREAL goal, holy sh*t! Pretty brutal game but both goalies played incredible.
Old 11th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
So he's gotta be out with a concussion right?
He's playing, and just got smacked from behind by Assclown Malkin and went face first into the boards. He's out of the game and Malkin got only 2 minutes. ****ing crooked bull****!
Old 12th March 2012
Quote:
He's playing, and just got smacked from behind by Assclown Malkin and went face first into the boards. He's out of the game and Malkin got only 2 minutes. ****ing crooked bull****!
Man I hope that concussion baseline test is working!!

So I finally found the usb cable for my camara! Here's the pic of my baby I promised you. Note it has the matched headstock. It's a CR5G.Chuck Rainey helped design it and it has 2 graphite rods running through the neck. Any tone, anytime!!
I should suggest that slogan to Smith! ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Nhl 2011/2012-smith-cr5g.jpg  
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

Great looking bass! It looks like the one I tried out, I really like the string spacing and feel.
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

Here's my kids

And this ESP 6er is the newest.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search