The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

Sorry to all of my friends from Canada but yesterday was 32th Anniversary of the "Miracle On Ice" Go USA
Old 23rd February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Sorry to all of my friends from Canada but yesterday was 32th Anniversary of the "Miracle On Ice" Go USA
No need to apologize, very Canadian of you btw!heh
That was one of the great hockey stories.
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
No need to apologize, very Canadian of you btw!heh
That was one of the great hockey stories.
Dude after that game I started to play and I have not regretted since
Old 24th February 2012
Quote:
Dude after that game I started to play and I have not regretted since
Man I don't remember what got me into hockey, besides being Canadian.LOL
I just remember really wanting to play and playing hours every day especially on the weekends.
My Leafs are SUCKING LARGE!
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

I started watching in 1969, I was only 6 but I remember images of the family room and that small B&W TV. My parents liked watching Orr and Esposito so I started watching and took to it right away. I was playing goalie in cranberry bog hockey a year later.
Old 25th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Man I don't remember what got me into hockey, besides being Canadian.LOL
I just remember really wanting to play and playing hours every day especially on the weekends.
My Leafs are SUCKING LARGE!
Hey thanks for letting us end our losing streak at your place

Go Sharks!
Old 26th February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsonic View Post

Go Sharks!
Cold man cold...
Old 26th February 2012
Lives for gear

Ouch for the Leafs!

B's are taking the Senators, one of the Sens should be getting a vacation for an elbow to Corvos head, Neal targeted Boychuks head too.
Old 27th February 2012
Trade deadline today!! Who stays, who goes....
Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

Bruins picked up Brian Rolston after he cleared waivers. We always let guys like this go when they're in their prime then get them back when they're over the hill.
Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

What a boring, gutless, timid fkn trade day.

If it ain't broke, then don't fix it, right ?
Old 29th February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
What a boring, gutless, timid fkn trade day.

If it ain't broke, then don't fix it, right ?
Well the Leafs sure as hell should have done SOMETHING! Just found out we had a deal in place for Reimer. Should've taken it.
You know how we could salvage this season...last place, high pick in draft.
I AM PISSED OFF. Thank you, good night.
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsonic View Post

Go Sharks!
ONCE AGAIN the Flyers D didn't SHOW last night. Everybody wants to blame the goalie but if the FREAK'N D don't play the goalie is ****ed. I'm talking about the forwards too
Peace
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

We lost 1-0 to Ottawa last night, Thomas and Seguin played great, I don't know where the rest of the team was though..
Old 29th February 2012
Quote:
ONCE AGAIN the Flyers D didn't SHOW last night. Everybody wants to blame the goalie but if the FREAK'N D don't play the goalie is ****ed. I'm talking about the forwards too
Peace
When the D doesn't show your toast...toast I tells ya.
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone watching the Chicago vs. Toronto game ? That (1st) was one of the fastest periods of regular season hockey I've *ever* seen.
Old 2nd March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
Anyone watching the Chicago vs. Toronto game ? That (1st) was one of the fastest periods of regular season hockey I've *ever* seen.
No i was working but the end result was, yet again, brutal!
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Flyers Win...Flyers Win...
Old 2nd March 2012
I'm out. I'll pop in here every so often. FIRE WILSON!
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
I'm out. I'll pop in here every so often. FIRE WILSON!
Last season a lot of people were saying Fire Julien and I was one of them! The team was inconsistent and lacked direction. This all changed in the playoffs and the rest is history.

How could Wilsons plan work so well earlier in the season but not now? It's simple, it's not his fault. The players need to get their heads out of their asses and play as a unit and play hard! Play as a team and not as individuals, and most of all believe in themselves. I think it comes down to the team captain to inspire a strong work ethic, the coach simply comes up with the strategies..
Old 3rd March 2012
GOT MY WISH!
Old 3rd March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Last season a lot of people were saying Fire Julien and I was one of them! The team was inconsistent and lacked direction. This all changed in the playoffs and the rest is history.

How could Wilsons plan work so well earlier in the season but not now? It's simple, it's not his fault. The players need to get their heads out of their asses and play as a unit and play hard! Play as a team and not as individuals, and most of all believe in themselves. I think it comes down to the team captain to inspire a strong work ethic, the coach simply comes up with the strategies..

A list of players that have spent time in Wilson's dog house:
Nazem Kadri
Luke Schenn (and when he finally got out of Wilson's dog house, Wilson scratched him minutes before game time without notice in a game versus Edmonton in which he had family there to see him, this was two weeks ago, check his highlights from the last few games out)
James Reimer (sat him during the game I saw at the MTS center)
Kessel (had him on the third line last year)
Gustaffson
Connelly

In addition to harping on young players he keep no consistency in his lineup. Komisarek sits a game, Franson plays. Next game he switches it. Next game he goes with something entirely different. Schenn and Phaneuf partnered briefly and looked good together and had a great game. Next game it was different. Look at Lupul and Kessel. They've played all year together and look where they are.

They're PK and PP have been bottom of the pack for way too long and that stuff is almost directly related to coaching.

AND JUST IN! RANDY CARLYLE IS THE NEW HEADCOACH! HENGE! HENGE! YOU GETTING THIS?
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

I guess that's Karma eh?
Old 3rd March 2012
Quote:
A list of players that have spent time in Wilson's dog house:
Nazem Kadri
Luke Schenn (and when he finally got out of Wilson's dog house, Wilson scratched him minutes before game time without notice in a game versus Edmonton in which he had family there to see him, this was two weeks ago, check his highlights from the last few games out)
James Reimer (sat him during the game I saw at the MTS center)
Kessel (had him on the third line last year)
Gustaffson
Connelly

In addition to harping on young players he keep no consistency in his lineup. Komisarek sits a game, Franson plays. Next game he switches it. Next game he goes with something entirely different. Schenn and Phaneuf partnered briefly and looked good together and had a great game. Next game it was different. Look at Lupul and Kessel. They've played all year together and look where they are.

They're PK and PP have been bottom of the pack for way too long and that stuff is almost directly related to coaching.

AND JUST IN! RANDY CARLYLE IS THE NEW HEADCOACH! HENGE! HENGE! YOU GETTING THIS?
Hell ya! Everything you pointed out was true especially the D pairings.
Never liked him, good riddence. Man I hope Lupul and Carlyle can get along.
18 games boys...lets go!
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

So Randy wants the Leafs to be more of a skating team, eh ? Well, they skated like mad against Chicago and lost.... and no matter how hard Phaneuf skates, he seems to lose 1 on 1 footraces all the time. Schenn is pretty darn slow as well, though he might have a little more 'acceleration' than Phaneuf.

Bottom line : the Leafs goalies have to be able to stop well over 90% of the shots coming their way or they will not make the playoffs. It's really that simple.
Old 4th March 2012
Finally!!! Jeez it's about time we won a game.
You could tell the difference between Carlyle's style and Wilsons. Carlyle had all the right guys on at the right time. You never knew what the hell Wilson was doing.
Old 4th March 2012
I'm not going lie, I have a few hangups about Carlyle.

1) He's an old coach who isn't keen on being a "player's coach" and in today's NHL his style of coaching isn't always taken to very well by guys my age getting pay cheques worth more than my entire gear collection every two weeks.

2) He's another "old pal" from Anaheim. I would like for once, to see Burke bring in someone BRAND NEW. Fresh, young and exciting people for a fan base that wants, no needs to see it.

3) The Lupul/Carlyle dynamic is going to be on the back of my mind for a bit.

What I like though:

1) He's a Toronto draft pick. Always a good thing.

2) He wants a physical game. Which is necessary if you're going to play the likes of Boston, Philly and New York Rangers on a consistent basis.

3) He's an old Winnipeg Jet.

4) He seems very positive right now, he was shown in the morning putting a smile on his face and getting to work. His one media appearance was already better than any Wilson gave (we'll see if that wears off over time).

Did anyone see this?

Now take this with a grain of salt (I'm not the biggest Cherry fan myself), Don Cherry and Brian Burke are NOT pals in case you haven't figured out yet but I agree with him on this.

If you look at teams that win championships, they are Canadian talent heavy, OR at least Americans that have played in our junior leagues. I'm sorry, there's no contest between American college hockey and WHL, OHL, QMJHL. These are different leagues, with totally different attitudes towards the sport and how it's played and the quality of players that come out of our system is superior. There are a few reasons why but a few of the big ones are:

1) Kids playing in our junior system don't attend classes. They are not allowed to, when their junior careers are done they are allowed free university or college in the area they played in. IE) a Brandon Wheat Kings player who doesn't get drafted goes to the University of Brandon for free after his tenure with the team.

2) Face cages go the way of the Buffalo and fighting is allowed. Particularly in WHL it is known to be one of the most brutal leagues to play in. It is violent hockey, an American college game will not ever look like a WHL game.

I know this may sound like chest thumping, but it's by no means my intent and before anyone jumps on the World Juniors tournaments as proof to the contrary, it is only because our best kids are in the NHL and not eligible for international competition that other teams get past us.
Old 4th March 2012
Quote:
I'm not going lie, I have a few hangups about Carlyle.

1) He's an old coach who isn't keen on being a "player's coach" and in today's NHL his style of coaching isn't always taken to very well by guys my age getting pay cheques worth more than my entire gear collection every two weeks.

2) He's another "old pal" from Anaheim. I would like for once, to see Burke bring in someone BRAND NEW. Fresh, young and exciting people for a fan base that wants, no needs to see it.

3) The Lupul/Carlyle dynamic is going to be on the back of my mind for a bit.

What I like though:

1) He's a Toronto draft pick. Always a good thing.

2) He wants a physical game. Which is necessary if you're going to play the likes of Boston, Philly and New York Rangers on a consistent basis.

3) He's an old Winnipeg Jet.

4) He seems very positive right now, he was shown in the morning putting a smile on his face and getting to work. His one media appearance was already better than any Wilson gave (we'll see if that wears off over time).

Did anyone see this?

Now take this with a grain of salt (I'm not the biggest Cherry fan myself), Don Cherry and Brian Burke are NOT pals in case you haven't figured out yet but I agree with him on this.

If you look at teams that win championships, they are Canadian talent heavy, OR at least Americans that have played in our junior leagues. I'm sorry, there's no contest between American college hockey and WHL, OHL, QMJHL. These are different leagues, with totally different attitudes towards the sport and how it's played and the quality of players that come out of our system is superior. There are a few reasons why but a few of the big ones are:

1) Kids playing in our junior system don't attend classes. They are not allowed to, when their junior careers are done they are allowed free university or college in the area they played in. IE) a Brandon Wheat Kings player who doesn't get drafted goes to the University of Brandon for free after his tenure with the team.

2) Face cages go the way of the Buffalo and fighting is allowed. Particularly in WHL it is known to be one of the most brutal leagues to play in. It is violent hockey, an American college game will not ever look like a WHL game.

I know this may sound like chest thumping, but it's by no means my intent and before anyone jumps on the World Juniors tournaments as proof to the contrary, it is only because our best kids are in the NHL and not eligible for international competition that other teams get past us.
Well the first thing I like about Carlyle is his first stated goal is to restore confidence. proves he's a good analyst.
Is Tortorella a players coach? I don't know, but I do know he's a hard edged guy, like Carlyle.
He may be Burke's coach from Anaheim but he won a cup and has never been out of the playoffs although with a much better team.
Let's see how it develops. I hope for the best but expect the worst in terms of his hiring.
I think Don Cherry is an idiot. I don't care if the Leafs win the Cup with Brazilians, just win the thing!
Totally agree about our junior system. The best in the world. It's interesting to see the influence of the european style on the north american game starting with the 1972 Canada/Russia series. That series changed hockey forever. Luckily our junior system was eventually smart enough to start incorporating those hybrid systems and now you have eurpoean smarts combined with Canadian pride and toughness.
That being said give me Lidstrom over Pronger,Hasek over Belfour, Sundin over Gilmour ( gonna get******* over that one!)
The best players in the world, come from the world...but most of them from Canada.
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Bryzgalov standing on his head last night and that was without Meszaros and Timonen Nice job by the young D core too!

Peace
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Bruins had a crap weekend!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search