The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 24th January 2012
Old 24th January 2012
Lives for gear

SNIPE!!!
Old 24th January 2012
Lives for gear

Back handers are hard to follow, having played goalie I can say it's never easy to guess where the shooter wants to put it. Great shot though.
Old 24th January 2012
It's amazing to me that more guys don't have a backhand as a weapon.Crosby is the only other guy today.
Sundin had a wicked backhand as did Keon. Who else had a wicked backhand?
So OV gets 3 as the Leafs and Caps battle for 8th. Tonight we have the Isle's again and the Caps get THE B"s and the Panthers get Philly! Leafs could be back in after tonight.
Go Leafs, Go B's, Go Flyers!
Old 24th January 2012
Hartnell's is in the All star game!
Old 24th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Hartnell's is in the All star game!
And after that recent hat trick he's going to want a Gretzky contract
Old 24th January 2012
Lives for gear

Ovechkin launched himself like a WWF wrestler
Old 25th January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Ovechkin launched himself like a WWF wrestler
No surprise there. he's always been a little dirty.
Old 25th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
And after that recent hat trick he's going to want a Gretzky contract
He's the only guy I know that gets more goals on his ass than on his feetheh But a goals a goal
Old 25th January 2012
Lives for gear

Flyers finally win in shootout!!! Check out the " Bob " danceheh
Old 25th January 2012
Lives for gear

Thomas should have been in net last night, Rask isn't half the goalie.
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thomas should have been in net last night, Rask isn't half the goalie.
Ya, he should of been at the Whitehouse was the rest of his team too Shut up and just play goalie!!!
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Ya, he should of been at the Whitehouse was the rest of his team too Shut up and just play goalie!!!
I fully support him not going, You know.. like when Theo Epstein and Manny Ramirez didn't go? and Ozzie Guillen and five members of the White Sox? and Michael Jordan? No media bashing then! Oh, and Sting and Cheryl Crowe can shut up and sing! oh no wait.. damn constitution :-) Okay I'll stop now.
Old 26th January 2012
So....the Leafs were in 7th for about 5 minutes and then alone in 8th for about 15 minutes and ended up tied for 8th with 2 other teams!!
Crazy stuff!
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I fully support him not going, You know.. like when Theo Epstein and Manny Ramirez didn't go? and Ozzie Guillen and five members of the White Sox? and Michael Jordan? No media bashing then! Oh, and Sting and Cheryl Crowe can shut up and sing! oh no wait.. damn constitution :-) Okay I'll stop now.
Mo
Don't get me started about politics and sports Just ****'n play the game
Peace
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

I don't play the game.
Old 27th January 2012
Lives for gear

I wish they would go back to the east/west format, this fantasy draft format is silly.
Old 27th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wish they would go back to the east/west format, this fantasy draft format is silly.
I agree And the Twitter thing is bull**** too!!!
Peace
Old 27th January 2012
Quote:
Yup, agreed. At least Kessel wasn't last. Ironic turn of events though. last year OV is taking Kessel's pic when he's selected last, this year OV sucks out and isn't even there.
Man, for a guy who came into the league the way he did,OV has fallen fairly far.
Old 27th January 2012
Lives for gear

Twitter... The NFL is making designated tweeting sections on the sidelines of the Pro Bowl..
Old 27th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yup, agreed. At least Kessel wasn't last. Ironic turn of events though. last year OV is taking Kessel's pic when he's selected last, this year OV sucks out and isn't even there.
Man, for a guy who came into the league the way he did,OV has fallen fairly far.
I think Seguin was Chara's last pick. I had an idea for an All Star Week, each division has an All Star team then they play a single elimination tournament, making it sort of like the Olympics.
Old 27th January 2012
Quote:
I think Seguin was Chara's last pick. I had an idea for an All Star Week, each division has an All Star team then they play a single elimination tournament, making it sort of like the Olympics.
That's a cool idea. One problem is organizations concerns over injuries.
But I could definitley use more hockey and less talk over the break.
Old 27th January 2012
Quote:
Twitter... The NFL is making designated tweeting sections on the sidelines of the Pro Bowl..
Sign of the times. I don't tweet myself because I'm not that interesting!LOL
Can't wait to see where tech goes in the next 5 years and how it shapes societies.
Old 27th January 2012
So there's a talk show on now that has Seguin and Denis Potvin trading stories. Seguin says all the players are partying and having a good time with each other.
Potvin said that in his day none of the guys at the all star game hung out.They were enemies and rivals. He made the point that guys were on the same team, with the same coach, for waaaaaay longer than today and because of that rivalries were intense and players really hated each other.
Potvin hang out with Bobby Clark...no way.
Old 27th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
So there's a talk show on now that has Seguin and Denis Potvin trading stories. Seguin says all the players are partying and having a good time with each other.
Potvin said that in his day none of the guys at the all star game hung out.They were enemies and rivals. He made the point that guys were on the same team, with the same coach, for waaaaaay longer than today and because of that rivalries were intense and players really hated each other.
Potvin hang out with Bobby Clark...no way.
Probably because it's all about money these days, and in the Potvin days it was all about winning. All these players on the worst teams in the league are still millionaires. Everyone wins!
Old 28th January 2012
Thomas should have gone. It's not about politics, do you really think these guys are into politics? Probably not, here's what the dialogue might have been like:

Chara: Hey Tim, you coming to the White House?

Thomas: No.

Chara: Shoot, why not man?

Thomas: I think our president sucks.

Chara: Your loss man, there's going to be eats.

Something like that anyways. I get it he has an opinion, so does everyone else but it's really NOT about your opinion or politics. It's about going with your team to further celebrate your accomplishment. If it were me going to see an NDP government, I'd go despite my opinions which are for this particular instance, irrelevant. Just go, be with your team, don't make a big deal where there isn't one. It's not like he's going to ask you to be in a campaign ad.

Unfortunately this whole shebang is the most interesting thing going on in the NHL right now. The All Star games are just stupid in my opinion. Haven't had a good all star game memory since 1997.
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

Me thinks I'm going to buy one of these shirtsheh
HartnellDown

Peace
Old 28th January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Me thinks I'm going to buy one of these shirtsheh
HartnellDown

Peace
Hartnell rules.
Old 29th January 2012
So Crosby has vertabrae problems as well! Good news is he might be back for the playoffs.
Old 29th January 2012
Lives for gear

Chara, 108.8 mph slap shot! Goalies are going to start wearing reactive tank armor

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search