The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
I'm sure there was a revenge factor last night being it was the first time Chicago was in your building since the cup series 2 seasons ago.
Dude,you had to remind me
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Dude,you had to remind me
The analyst dudes mentioned it, I wasn't aware of that fact before then

When you get revenge like that it will give your team a psychological lift though..
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

Vancouver is starting Cory Schneider against Boston tomorrow. I guess this will save them the trouble of pulling Luongo
Old 7th January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
What do you do tomorrow?heh
Jets Tshirt, under a Leafs sweater, under a Leafs Jersey drinking coffee from a Jets Mug. Balance. It's real hard for me.
Old 7th January 2012
Lives for gear

Vancouver still needs that book on gardening so they can learn how to grow a pair

unfortunately they know how to score goals..
Old 8th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Vancouver still needs that book on gardening so they can learn how to grow a pair

unfortunately they know how to score goals..
Don't worry dude, once the Nuck's get to the playoffs they will suck again
Old 9th January 2012
Quote:
Don't worry dude, once the Nuck's get to the playoffs they will suck again
Man that team was embarassing in the playoffs last year. all those stupid dives they took.
Seems like the power is in the east again.
Old 9th January 2012
Lives for gear

Four goals against the Sen's in the 3rd Where's the D??? And I'm still wondering what "Universe" the "Universe" is in!!!
Peace
Old 9th January 2012
Quote:
Four goals against the Sen's in the 3rd Where's the D??? And I'm still wondering what "Universe" the "Universe" is in!!!
Peace
I hear ya, I needed your Flyers to down the Sens. Would've helped the buds in the standings.
Old 9th January 2012
Lives for gear

I thought the Senators would totally suck this year. They're sitting in 5th with 50pts. Not too shabby!
Old 10th January 2012
Marchand gets 5 for the low blow!
Old 10th January 2012
Lives for gear

You don't see many hits like that in Hockey.
Old 10th January 2012
Lives for gear

What happened to the Penguins? they're slip sliding away as that dorky 70's song would say
Old 11th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Marchand gets 5 for the low blow!
If you study the hit in this video, doesn't Marchand catch him around the thigh/buttocks area and then just roll him over like in a hip check? In contrast Mason Raymonds hit on Marchand last year was lower which would more closely resemble clipping. It is what it is but I don't remember Raymond getting called for his hit last season. Defending himself, blah blah, he still went low.

Ranger Pundit: NHL as 'No Hit League' Marchand's Forward
Old 11th January 2012
Quote:
If you study the hit in this video, doesn't Marchand catch him around the thigh/buttocks area and then just roll him over like in a hip check? In contrast Mason Raymonds hit on Marchand last year was lower which would more closely resemble clipping. It is what it is but I don't remember Raymond getting called for his hit last season. Defending himself, blah blah, he still went low.

Ranger Pundit: NHL as 'No Hit League' Marchand's Forward
Not seeing that. looks like he hits at the knee to me. I guess the thing is in Bucyk's era the players were slower and smaller. So maybe a clip can be considered more dangerous in today's game. I've seen a lot of good hip checks be called clipping so they might be trying to get the hip check out of the game.
Leafs up 2-0 on sabres end of first. B's gotta beat the Jets...
Old 11th January 2012
Lives for gear

B's are up 5-3 (was typing 4-3)
Old 12th January 2012
I HATE Brad Marchand. I'm going to boo that gutless sh*thead relentlessly when I see them play the Jets in February. Other than that, I still love Boston. I just hate that they keep winning.

Dion Phaneuf rated most overrated player in the league by the players! Wow!

Talk amongst yourselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Nhl 2011/2012-coffeetalk.jpg  
Old 12th January 2012
I guess we're all used to the new Jets branding but I'm posting these cause I may have jumped on the hockey thread far after this was an issue. Either way, there's some real nice ones here. Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: png 0406-micahloyed-wpg.png (462.3 KB, 9 views) File Type: png 0521-brianbrideau-wpg.png (463.0 KB, 7 views) File Type: png new jets.png (117.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 12th January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
I HATE Brad Marchand. I'm going to boo that gutless sh*thead relentlessly when I see them play the Jets in February. Other than that, I still love Boston. I just hate that they keep winning.

Dion Phaneuf rated most overrated player in the league by the players! Wow!

Talk amongst yourselves.
First of all i think it's gutless for players to ANONYMOUSLY call another player overrated. Do it on the ice.
Do I think Phaneuf is overrated, no not at all. He's having great season, he's6th in points among D and a plus 2. He's got more points than Chara.
How's that overrated? Not gettin it
I'll be listening for you jordanvoth!! heh
Old 13th January 2012
Lives for gear

Marchand is like Dale Hunter or Ken Linseman, when he's on your team you love him, when he's not he's the biggest prick in the league heh But the facts are, he's a very good, effective player, and he was definitely a factor in winning the cup. If that's gutless he can be on my team any day I think he's made two dirty hits overall, the real reason he's hated is because he's an instigator that gets under your skin, and obviously he's doing a good job at that.
Old 13th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I still love Boston. I just hate that they keep winning.
What that means my friend is last year wasn't a fluke, and they want it again.
Old 13th January 2012
Quote:
What that means my friend is last year wasn't a fluke, and they want it again.
If the B's stay healthy I think they'll win the cup again. But they have to be getting worn down playing so much over last season and this season.
Old 13th January 2012
Lives for gear

Any body see the hit on Talbot last night? Freak'n DIRTY!!!
Old 13th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Any body see the hit on Talbot last night? Freak'n DIRTY!!!
This one?
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/1/1...yers-islanders
Old 13th January 2012
Lives for gear

I missed the B's and Habs last night but I guess Cammalleri got pulled after the 2nd period because he got traded to Calgary for Rene Bourque.
Old 14th January 2012
That's a nasty little hit!! Ouch.
Sabres get 2 in the first 3 minutes...but the buds get 2 back, YES!
Sloppy first period.Miller is not the Miller of old.
Old 14th January 2012
Montreal is one classy organization eh? Man was I happy to hear that Cammalleri has finally been granted freedom from an organization that has more of an interest in parlez vouing than winning. WHO DOES THAT? You're down ONE goal to the best team in the NHL and you take decide to trade a top 3 forward during the intermission! WOW! And because he happens to care enough to call out his team, ****. I think we can all say we hate the Habs in this thread so cheers to you all, the only time I cheered for the Habs was a few years ago against Washington. SPEAKING of Washington. Ovi is going to the All Star game. I can't figure out why but here's the scoring leaders to look at while you try to figure it out.

1 Henrik Sedin
2 Steven Stamkos
3 Daniel Sedin
4 Claude Giroux
5 Phil Kessel
6 Joffrey Lupul
7 Jason Spezza
8 Marian Hossa
9 Evgeni Malkin
10 Pavel Datsyuk
11 Jonathan Toews
12 Jordan Eberle
13 Jason Pominville
14 Erik Karlsson
15 Jamie Benn
16 Nicklas Backstrom
17 Teemu Selanne
18 Patrick Sharp
19 Thomas Vanek
20 Loui Eriksson
21 Patrik Elias
22 John Tavares
23 Anze Kopitar
24 Kris Versteeg
25 Scott Hartnell
26 Ilya Kovalchuk
27 Tyler Seguin
28 Zach Parise
29 Patrick Kane
30 Radim Vrbata

No Ovi. Ovi not score much goals this year. Ovi suck. Ovi get fat in offseason because of eating Oh Henry.
Old 14th January 2012
Lives for gear

just heard about next years winter classic. (has this already been mentioned?)

toronto vs detroit in univ. michigan football stadium which seats 115,000. crazy.
Old 14th January 2012
I hate the Habs...but I don'twant to see this.Players and coaches, hell whole organizations, their job is to win the cup...period!Doesn't matter if you do it in swedish,russian,french whatever. Winning is what these pro orgs are supposed to be doing. Montreal has lost sight of that. As for the fans, grow up.
Camalleri must be glad to get out of there.
As far as Ovi goes it'll be interesting to see how he bounces back fom this season.

Quote:
Montreal is one classy organization eh? Man was I happy to hear that Cammalleri has finally been granted freedom from an organization that has more of an interest in parlez vouing than winning. WHO DOES THAT? You're down ONE goal to the best team in the NHL and you take decide to trade a top 3 forward during the intermission! WOW! And because he happens to care enough to call out his team, ****. I think we can all say we hate the Habs in this thread so cheers to you all, the only time I cheered for the Habs was a few years ago against Washington. SPEAKING of Washington. Ovi is going to the All Star game. I can't figure out why but here's the scoring leaders to look at while you try to figure it out.

1 Henrik Sedin
2 Steven Stamkos
3 Daniel Sedin
4 Claude Giroux
5 Phil Kessel
6 Joffrey Lupul
7 Jason Spezza
8 Marian Hossa
9 Evgeni Malkin
10 Pavel Datsyuk
11 Jonathan Toews
12 Jordan Eberle
13 Jason Pominville
14 Erik Karlsson
15 Jamie Benn
16 Nicklas Backstrom
17 Teemu Selanne
18 Patrick Sharp
19 Thomas Vanek
20 Loui Eriksson
21 Patrik Elias
22 John Tavares
23 Anze Kopitar
24 Kris Versteeg
25 Scott Hartnell
26 Ilya Kovalchuk
27 Tyler Seguin
28 Zach Parise
29 Patrick Kane
30 Radim Vrbata

No Ovi. Ovi not score much goals this year. Ovi suck. Ovi get fat in offseason because of eating Oh Henry.
Old 14th January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post
just heard about next years winter classic. (has this already been mentioned?)

toronto vs detroit in univ. michigan football stadium which seats 115,000. crazy.
Great news!!!I might go to motor city to see this! 115,000 watching puck, who would thunk it!!heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search