The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 2nd January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Indeed!

I'll put Boston College up against any amateur team in Canada
HA! I'd kill to see that.

QMJHL Alumni: Mario Lemieux, Guy Lafleur, Ray Bourque, Pat LaFontaine, Mike Bossy, Denis Savard, Michel Goulet, Luc Robitaille, Patrick Roy and Sydney Crosby.

OHL Alumni: John Tavares, Denis Potvin, Wayne Gretzky Kris Draper, Logan Couture, Jason Spezza, PK Subban, Drew Doughty, Corey Perry (Rocket Richard trophy winner last season) and Steven Stamkos (Rocket Richard trophy winner the year before).

WHL Alumni: Dustin Byfuglien, Chris Osgood, Theoren Fleury, Ryan Getzlaf, Joe Sakic, Shea Weber, Jarome Iginla, Carey Price (arguably the best goalie in the league), James Reimer, Luke Schenn (lead the league in hits and blocked shots last season)

Just a small sampling of players that have come out of our Junior leagues, this list could go on for days. My guess is any given junior team against an American college on any given night would win by a touchdown or two.
Old 2nd January 2012
Lives for gear

It's a beautiful morning for a little "pond hockey" boys!!!
Peace
Old 2nd January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
It's a beautiful morning for a little "pond hockey" boys!!!
Peace
Man, I really think the winter classic is a joke. Horrible seating, bad weather. Those Rangers ******* look sharp though. Go Flyers either way.
Old 2nd January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Man, I really think the winter classic is a joke. Horrible seating, bad weather. Those Rangers ******* look sharp though. Go Flyers either way.
HATER
Old 2nd January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Jordan, I sense a little jealously Bro
Old 3rd January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
HA! I'd kill to see that.

QMJHL Alumni: Mario Lemieux, Guy Lafleur, Ray Bourque, Pat LaFontaine, Mike Bossy, Denis Savard, Michel Goulet, Luc Robitaille, Patrick Roy and Sydney Crosby.

OHL Alumni: John Tavares, Denis Potvin, Wayne Gretzky Kris Draper, Logan Couture, Jason Spezza, PK Subban, Drew Doughty, Corey Perry (Rocket Richard trophy winner last season) and Steven Stamkos (Rocket Richard trophy winner the year before).

WHL Alumni: Dustin Byfuglien, Chris Osgood, Theoren Fleury, Ryan Getzlaf, Joe Sakic, Shea Weber, Jarome Iginla, Carey Price (arguably the best goalie in the league), James Reimer, Luke Schenn (lead the league in hits and blocked shots last season)

Just a small sampling of players that have come out of our Junior leagues, this list could go on for days. My guess is any given junior team against an American college on any given night would win by a touchdown or two.
Ohh.. didn't USA win the junior championship in 2010? That must have been tough to swallow eh? heh

I picked Boston College and you pick all the best players in NHL history? One CURRENT team please.
Old 3rd January 2012
Lives for gear

Mike Rupp are you ****'n kid'n me
Old 3rd January 2012
Rmx16...burrrned!! LOL Sorry man couldn't help myself.
Couldn't see the whole game but it looked amazing. Loved the uni's.
Old 3rd January 2012
Just heard the Wings and LEAFS for the next winter classic.I guess it'll be at Ford Field as the Skydome only hold 40000 I think. This'll be sweet
Oooops just heard it was a rumour...nevermind

Last edited by henge; 3rd January 2012 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: wrong info
Old 3rd January 2012
Quote:
Tyler Seguin
Jeff Skinner
Taylor Hall
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Add that to the lineup and every game is 6-0 for Team Canada.
Yup. heh
Old 4th January 2012
Can't be smug anymore...Russians did it to us again.
Old 4th January 2012
Quote:
Jordan, I sense a little jealously Bro
Maybe, I'm more jealous of people who have seasons tickets but in other news, Winnipeg's new fancy football stadium opens next year. Even if there's not a chance in hell I'd get tix to that.
Old 4th January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Can't be smug anymore...Russians did it to us again.
Fvcking barely.
If last year was a choke of epic porportions what would that make this year with an extra minute on the clock?

Too many out of context penalties. Yes, by definition there is a slash or hook a ref could call every minute but they don't. Jenner's spearing call was a bit iffy, it's downright wrong when you consider the elbow to the head he took that went unpenalized. Huberdeau's call was ludicrous, I've never seen that called in minor hockey.

Wedgewood gets run into, not pushed and there's no call.

But before the officiating got really ****ty, we gave up 3 goals, missed opportunities to score, didn't forecheck well, didn't backcheck well and made bad line changes. Despite this we still outshot them.

The Russians have one play, the stretch pass. Take that away and have a really strong forecheck and they're a beatable team.

And of course, we could use Seguin, Hall, Skinner and Nugent-Hopkins. It would be nice to see GM's enable us to send our best to this tournament (Thanks Yzerman). Better luck next year I suppose. The last laugh will be to watch Evgeny Kuznetsov learn about work ethic and team play from the likes of Ovechkin and Semin. That franchise is fvcked.

Anyways, now I can finally worry about my Leafs and Jets instead of this.
Old 5th January 2012
Lives for gear

A "W" is a "W" on paper unfortunately..
Old 5th January 2012
Quote:
Anyways, now I can finally worry about my Leafs and Jets instead of this.
What do you do tomorrow?heh
Old 5th January 2012
Lives for gear

Carcillo got 7, the other guy hadn't even touched the puck!

Blackhawks' Carcillo suspended for seven games - NHL.com - News

In other news the B's are handling the Devils rather handily.
Old 5th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Carcillo got 7, the other guy hadn't even touched the puck!

Blackhawks' Carcillo suspended for seven games - NHL.com - News

In other news the B's are handling the Devils rather handily.
Why do you they call him "CARBOMB"heh And your boyz pooped all over the the Dev's last night My boyz are still look'n for a ****'N goaltender I wish Pelle was still alive

Peace
Old 5th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why do you they call him "CARBOMB"heh And your boyz pooped all over the the Dev's last night My boyz are still look'n for a ****'N goaltender I wish Pelle was still alive

Peace
I used to hate Hextall, only becaise he was so good heh
Old 5th January 2012
Man Carcillo just rifles him into the boards!! 7 games is good.
Leafs and Jets tonight. These 2 teams should be in a dogfight all season for a playoff spot. The East is a Beast...if you battling for 5,6,7,8 spot.
Old 5th January 2012
Lives for gear

Enough of this 24/7 horse**** finally Blackhawks/ Flyers tonight Will see if my boyz have anything left after all this Winter Classic bull****

Peace
Old 5th January 2012
Quote:
Enough of this 24/7 horse**** finally Blackhawks/ Flyers tonight Will see if my boyz have anything left after all this Winter Classic bull****

Peace
Can't believe your worried about your boys...they'll be fine.

roux heh
Old 5th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can't believe your worried about your boys...they'll be fine.

roux heh
Henge this is what I'm worried about and apparently so is the Flyers GM ****
Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
Old 5th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man Carcillo just rifles him into the boards!! 7 games is good.
Leafs and Jets tonight. These 2 teams should be in a dogfight all season for a playoff spot. The East is a Beast...if you battling for 5,6,7,8 spot.
Jets had their chance last night to take 8th, I guess the Habs are fighting for some dignity at this point. They're nearing the bottom of the conference.
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

Rene Bourque out for 5 and a hefty loss of revenue.

Flames' Bourque suspended five games - NHL.com - News
Old 6th January 2012
Quote:
Henge this is what I'm worried about and apparently so is the Flyers GM ****
Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
Well he IS a goalie, and that breed is insane.
Old 6th January 2012
Alright lets hope the Jets ( really glad the're back ) are tired from the habs last night. Leafs just opened the scoring while i was typing...
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

B's got 3 quick ones! 3-0 after 1.
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

Poor Calgary.. 6-0 24 minutes into it.
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

Peace
They had just enough gas in the tank to beat the Hawk's Props to JVR and the " KID LINE " (4th line) for stepping it up.hehheh

Peace
Old 6th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
They had just enough gas in the tank to beat the Hawk's Props to JVR and the " KID LINE " (4th line) for stepping it up.hehheh

Peace
I'm sure there was a revenge factor last night being it was the first time Chicago was in your building since the cup series 2 seasons ago.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search