The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

The Bruins and Senators play tonight but it's only on TSN. Bummer!
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Nice little fight between Rosehill and Shelley, I'll have to give the decision to Rosehill
Old 22nd September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Nice little fight between Rosehill and Shelley, I'll have to give the decision to Rosehill
Nice. Sure it will be on Sportscenter tomorrow morning. I don't like Ottawa and am not a huge Bruins fan either. I am glad they beat Vancouver. The team that deserved to win did. But anyways. Nothing beats an amazing fight during a hockey game. You see some really terrible fights though. Especially in pre-season
Old 22nd September 2011
Man the Tor-Philly game was a reversal of the game before!!
Would've been nice to see Jagr and pronger though.
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Man the Tor-Philly game was a reversal of the game before!!
Would've been nice to see Jagr and pronger though.
Yeh the Flyers got away from their game last night on the PP, too many cute passes I think the rookies played better the night before

It's really nice to see this thread backheh I'm ready to talk some ****...

Peace
Old 22nd September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Yeh the Flyers got away from their game last night on the PP, too many cute passes I think the rookies played better the night before

It's really nice to see this thread backheh I'm ready to talk some ****...

Peace
Well it's weird that Bryzgalov and Reimer both had shakey first games, but nothing to worry about.
I remember Belfour's first game in T.O. Huge expectations...and he lets in the first shot he faced! LOL. He went on to be brilliant. I hope the same is true for Reimer.
Be interesting to see how Jagr is treated when you guys play Pittsburgh.heh
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well it's weird that Bryzgalov and Reimer both had shakey first games, but nothing to worry about.
I remember Belfour's first game in T.O. Huge expectations...and he lets in the first shot he faced! LOL. He went on to be brilliant. I hope the same is true for Reimer.
Be interesting to see how Jagr is treated when you guys play Pittsburgh.heh
" DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY "... hehhehheh
Old 22nd September 2011
Quote:
" DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY "... hehhehheh
LOL! Hopefully dude don't PLAY like a lady....
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
LOL! Hopefully dude don't PLAY like a lady....
Believe me the Flyers fans will let him hear it

Going to watch my sons first Division III college game tonight I'm excited
Old 22nd September 2011
Quote:
Believe me the Flyers fans will let him hear it

Going to watch my sons first Division III college game tonight I'm excited
SWEET!! My kid played A level here in southern ontario. Unfortunately he's more into lacrosse now.
I miss a good tourney! The hockey parents...not so much.
Old 22nd September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
My kid played A level here in southern ontario. Unfortunately he's more into lacrosse now.
I miss a good tourney! The hockey parents...not so much.
Your son played A travel? Or did he play Junior A? I played house for most my career. Played a few AA games though. I never liked travel. I just played for the fun of it. I didn't need to drive 6 hours just to play one hockey game.
Old 23rd September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob24 View Post
Your son played A travel? Or did he play Junior A? I played house for most my career. Played a few AA games though. I never liked travel. I just played for the fun of it. I didn't need to drive 6 hours just to play one hockey game.
Not JR.A! Just A level hockey in the Toronto area, so we did travel quite a bit and did a couple of tournaments a year. The travel wasn't too bad and I can honestly say it was a great bonding experience. We'd talk about tons of stuff going to and from games.
I met alot of parents who's kids played JR.A and the amount of money they spent to get their kids to that level was mind boggling! One family had 2 mortgages on their house. No guarantee that their sons would be able to play pro, let alone make the NHL or AHL for that matter.
Actually a woman I used to work with has kids who played on the same bantam and midget teams that Stamkos played on. Small world
Old 23rd September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Not JR.A! Just A level hockey in the Toronto area, so we did travel quite a bit and did a couple of tournaments a year. The travel wasn't too bad and I can honestly say it was a great bonding experience. We'd talk about tons of stuff going to and from games.
I met alot of parents who's kids played JR.A and the amount of money they spent to get their kids to that level was mind boggling! One family had 2 mortgages on their house. No guarantee that their sons would be able to play pro, let alone make the NHL or AHL for that matter.
Actually a woman I used to work with has kids who played on the same bantam and midget teams that Stamkos played on. Small world
Oh nice. Yea for travel, in Ontario at least, you have Travel AE, A, AA, and AAA. Usually the last year for AAA is midget. Then when kids are 16 that's when they start with Junior A, B and C. Jr A being the OHL/CHL. I used to live in Windsor so I went to high school with Taylor Hall and all the other Spitfires. They were massive jerks, but we wont go there haha.

But yea hockey isn't cheap. To think my dad spent $400 for registration each season for 11 years, plus all my equipment. Not to mention my older brother was a goalie for AA. I have no idea how he afforded it all to be honest but I love my Dad for it and appreciate everything he has done for us.

The NHL is very very difficult to get into. Out of all the guys I know that played AAA and some Junior hockey, only two of they even got drafted into the NHL. One of those being Taylor Hall. That kid legit has an IQ of 13. Sure he made more money in half a season then I'll probably ever see in my whole life, but I rather have a brain then be rich.
Old 23rd September 2011
looks like Shanahan is going to be bit toughter on cheap shots.
To send a message I would've given him 20!

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=35&id=124282
Old 23rd September 2011
Holy crap some ignorant bastard threw a banana at Simmonds!
Idiot.
Old 23rd September 2011
Gear Head

Rest of pre-season and 5 games into reg? Yea, I would have made an example of him. 20 games at least. Yea I read that article about the banana peel throwing. That's just brutal. Like I find it funny that someone in this world is ignorant enough to do something like that. It's unacceptable but it was also just a little incident. I'm sure Simmonds has gone through worse and at this point he probably doesn't care about some racist bigot. He's in the NHL and he is good at what he does. Still, stuff like that shouldn't happen. Not in this day and age at least.
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Holy crap some ignorant bastard threw a banana at Simmonds!
Idiot.
Some people are just plain old ASSHOLES...tutt
Old 23rd September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Some people are just plain old ASSHOLES...tutt
How true it is. If I was in the stands and was next to the guy that threw the banana I would have punched him out. I'm just surprised there wasn't some massive scrum in the stands.
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear

No Bruins pre season games are being televised, that pisses me off big time! They always have up until now. Of course they have to keep airing the Sox games who are in a massive tail spin..
Old 24th September 2011
Quote:
No Bruins pre season games are being televised, that pisses me off big time! They always have up until now. Of course they have to keep airing the Sox games who are in a massive tail spin..
"Well that truly sucks!" he said as he watched the sabres and leafs.
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm watching it online, I guess it's better than nothing.
Old 24th September 2011
It was a bit of a goalie duel between Miller and Reimer last night.
Miller made his usual unbelievable save late in the third.
Man the U.S. might have the 2 best goalies in the world right now...Thomas amd Miller.
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

Jagr goal and assist last night HE'S BACK...heh
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

Bruins were down 2-0 to the Islanders but came back and won it 6-3. They destroyed the islanders in the 3rd period.
Old 25th September 2011
Quote:
Jagr goal and assist last night HE'S BACK...heh
so how were his legs? Sounds like he still has hands.
Old 26th September 2011
Quote:
Toronto needs a defense. They won't make the playoffs without it.
Schenn, Phaneuf, Franson, Aulie...
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Bruins had a nice win in Montreal 7-3 with a Russian rookie goaltender I think we're playing them tonight too.
Old 27th September 2011
Man I just saw Jagr on the highlights tonight. 2 goals and an assist!!
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man I just saw Jagr on the highlights tonight. 2 goals and an assist!!
I liking this Jagr/Giroux lineheh
Peace
Old 27th September 2011
Quote:
I liking this Jagr/Giroux lineheh
Peace
If Jagr comes back and performs like he's capable of, the penguins are gonna be PISSED!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search