The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nhl 2011/2012
Old 8th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Okay diehards, time to post your memorabilia. I'm at work right now but I'll snag a few shots of the TML theme room for you all, some of you have seen this already but here's my custom "Leaf Slam" compressor that in addition to sounding sweet on the mixbus also has the right colors.

Regular John Recording - Raleigh, NC

Cheers.
I've never heard of these guys!! wild looking stuff, just might have to get some Maple Leaf blue to go with my UBK brown
Old 8th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
Yeh Once the D get their **** together Pronger on Wed maybeheh Marty,will be just fine and I'm lov'n the kids too
Peace
Good to hear Prongs will be back. Scary to hear him scream like that!!
Old 8th November 2011
Quote:
Oh, and here's my last music release Henge. www.nineteensixtyseven.bandcamp.com
Beautiful album cover. Changing the name to 2012 next year.
LOL!! Sweet
Old 8th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBeach View Post
Three in a row for Boston, scratching their way off the bottom...
Cmon Mobeach you didn't think tht team was a bottom feeder!! I gotta forget about the Kessel trade and just enjoy Seguin for the pure talent..kid can play, big time.
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

Dig me some Pavelski

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com
Old 8th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
I've never heard of these guys!! wild looking stuff, just might have to get some Maple Leaf blue to go with my UBK brown
Jealous! God I need a Clariphonic to follow that leaf slam. And a fatso for my mono room mic. His monitor thingy to replace my big knob and that new plugin.
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cmon Mobeach you didn't think tht team was a bottom feeder!! I gotta forget about the Kessel trade and just enjoy Seguin for the pure talent..kid can play, big time.
It was just a very slow start, they figured out how to put the puck in the net and play 60 minutes. I think Seguin will score 30 goals this season, perhaps more.
Old 8th November 2011
Quote:
I think Seguin will score 30 goals this season, perhaps more.
Maybe, but in 2 or 3 years he'll probably be another Stamkos imo. Man there's some amazing talent in the NHL!
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

If you guys can think of three active players that resemble these three retired players in all aspects who would they be?

1. Cam Neely
2. Brett Hull
3. Marcel Dionne

Edit: I can't think of anyone based on this years stats. Based on last year I might say..

2.Brett Hull- Alex Ovechkin

But as for 1 and 3 I can't think of anyone.
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Maybe, but in 2 or 3 years he'll probably be another Stamkos imo. Man there's some amazing talent in the NHL!
Don't mention Stamkos,we got him tonight
Peace
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Peace
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos

I won't mention Stamkos no matter what.
Old 10th November 2011
Quote:
Peace
Just catching a bit of the philly game 1st period..What is Philly doing!!
Old 10th November 2011
Quote:
If you guys can think of three active players that resemble these three retired players in all aspects who would they be?

1. Cam Neely
2. Brett Hull
3. Marcel Dionne

Edit: I can't think of anyone based on this years stats. Based on last year I might say..

2.Brett Hull- Alex Ovechkin

But as for 1 and 3 I can't think of anyone.
Man that's tough!

1. Cam Neely/Iginla
2. Brett Hull/Stamkos
3. Marcel Dionne/ Martin St.Louis
Old 10th November 2011
Quote:
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos
Stamkos Stamkos Stamkos

I won't mention Stamkos no matter what.
......................STAMKOS.
What were the Flyers doing by not skating with the puck!! Not good, not good.
Ok according to the analysts it's to protests Guy Boucher's trapping style. I've never seen anything like that!
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
......................STAMKOS.
What were the Flyers doing by not skating with the puck!! Not good, not good.
Ok according to the analysts it's to protests Guy Boucher's trapping style. I've never seen anything like that!
it was weird. i don't think it was a protest though.. in an interview w/philly's coach he said they have a set break out play and since tampa was so set in their defense (1-3-1) that they just had to wait and draw them out to set up their break out.

i think it was some posturing though. the philly bench was screaming at the tampa players for playing that defense. it made for some boring moments.

i really thought jagr was gonna get a goal or two in that game.
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

As long as there's no rules like Zone Defense in the NBA then defenses can do whatever they like, boring or not. I can't see teams allowing goals just to make the game more exciting to watch.
Old 10th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post
it was weird. i don't think it was a protest though.. in an interview w/philly's coach he said they have a set break out play and since tampa was so set in their defense (1-3-1) that they just had to wait and draw them out to set up their break out.

i think it was some posturing though. the philly bench was screaming at the tampa players for playing that defense. it made for some boring moments.

i really thought jagr was gonna get a goal or two in that game.
Yeah that was great, the Flyers yelling at the Bolts players. I don't think I ever saw that before. It'll be interesting to see how this develops. The 1 3 1 D is boring but TB has every right to play that way, but there are better ways of breaking down the 1 3 1!
Strange game, strange game.
Jagr was a GREAT pickup!
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah that was great, the Flyers yelling at the Bolts players. I don't think I ever saw that before. It'll be interesting to see how this develops. The 1 3 1 D is boring but TB has every right to play that way, but there are better ways of breaking down the 1 3 1!
Strange game, strange game.
Jagr was a GREAT pickup!
Play hockey guys I'm sick of all that strategy **** WTF And Meszaros take the body

Peace
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Lots of speed to the outside usually collapses that trap, as soon as the guy in the middle commits you make your move.
Old 10th November 2011
Quote:
Lots of speed to the outside usually collapses that trap, as soon as the guy in the middle commits you make your move.
Like you say this isn't a new system and teams have been getting by it for years...so why the big protest frm the Flyers?
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Like you say this isn't a new system and teams have been getting by it for years...so why the big protest frm the Flyers?
I've never been a fan of the one-three-one trap. i hated it when the Dev's used it and your right the only way around it is speed. Loved the BEATDOWN Coburn gave to Downie

Peace
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Props to Lavy I love what he did

Peace
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've never been a fan of the one-three-one trap. i hated it when the Dev's used it and your right the only way around it is speed. Loved the BEATDOWN Coburn gave to Downie

Peace
Yeah I think two guys blasting down one side makes the guy in the middle commit and help out, that leaves the middle wide open for another winger or trailing defenseman.
Old 11th November 2011
Wow!! A sports reporter here interviewd 18 coaches and asked who's fault was the "spectacle" in Tampa Bay. 13 said it was the Bolts fault for employing the 1 3 1 and 3 blamed Philly. Of the 13, 8 said they's be in favour of getting rid of trapping schemes.
The insiders have spoken.
Leafs 2 Blues 0 end of first.
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

I don't think it's that big of a deal, you learn to beat it then they have nothing. In the playoffs last year Boston attacked Tampa with everyone at once and Roloson couldn't keep up. 1 3 1 means there's only 1 defenseman in front of you when you break through
Old 11th November 2011
So dip**** Mcgee Gary Bettman can't sell hockey to the overwhelming majority of you Yanks but he's damn sure going to try. NBC puts one game a week on NATIONAL TELEVISION and you guys get....

Fvcking beautiful.
I'm sorry, there are american hockey fans, and American teams and American players that I'd HATE to see go (Patrick CabbieBeater Kane excluded) but the game simply does not work in some markets (Pheonix and Florida for starters) but there's absolutely no hope of gaining fanfare and viewership with this ****, but just like headshots and concussions (if you want the paper I wrote on that just ask) I have an answer for that as well..

WAVE OFF THE ICING. Let Pronger rip it deep into Tbay's zone and send the boys in. Do you really want the Flyer's front end screaming down the ice towards you? I don't and something tells me the poor schmuck playing D for Tampa (can't come up with a defenseman from Tampa and something tells me someone from Tampa couldn't tell me either) doesn't want anything to do with that either.

The only people who watch the Panthers or the Bolts are Canadian Vacationers or people interested in Tampas dynamic offense.
Old 11th November 2011
Quote:
I don't think it's that big of a deal, you learn to beat it then they have nothing. In the playoffs last year Boston attacked Tampa with everyone at once and Roloson couldn't keep up. 1 3 1 means there's only 1 defenseman in front of you when you break through
Good luck, New Jersey built a dynasty off of playing bull**** "trap hockey" I'd rather watch soccer then see that. Take into account that this game was on national television, it's a little different. If the usual sports fans and guys who hang out on this thread see that we get a laugh and an eye roll. To someone who's never watched hockey or taken an interest they wonder why people care about the sport. It's one thing to do it midway through the third up a goal, but to do it when you're down a goal is bizzare when you consider what Tampa has for scoring power.
Old 11th November 2011
Quote:
Man that's tough!

1. Cam Neely/Iginla
2. Brett Hull/Stamkos
3. Marcel Dionne/ Martin St.Louis
Cam Neely/Milan Lucic
Rob Blake/Luke Schenn
Steve Yzerman/Vincent Lecavalier
Old 11th November 2011
Quote:
I'd rather watch soccer then see that.
Ouch!heh

Didn't know it was the NBC game of the week. That ups the ante for the protest. Kinda whiny for the the Flyers considering it's not a new defensive plan.
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Boston beat a good Edmonton team last night for their 4th straight win, they're up to 11th in the conference.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search