The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best investment for this year so far? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

Best investment for this year so far?

What has been the best investment for year so far? I was curious to know if anything soundwise impressed you-VST or sound libraries. I wanted to know opinions on halionsonic or komplete 8 ultimate? I was looking for something that compliments trillian/omnisphere.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

I paid 1200$ for a COMPLETE 40 drum kit. and that was the best investment ever. it has all his synths settings premade loops and drums. 3 gigs worth =D and it was customed

also a new midi controller
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Best investment for this year so far?

At a renewed price of $39 the sonimus satson is the best investment one can make. Opinion? Yes, but anyone who's tried it knows that it's probably the best dollar for dollar plug available.

Waves mpx ($99 I think) is a pretty close second.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Guru

Best investment this year...gold and silver! heh
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305 View Post
Best investment this year...gold and silver! heh
True That! Everything else is losing value by the minute.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

A Redesigned Soundclick By:HotBoyDesigns heh SoundClick artist: Desmond A Music Productions - page with MP3 music downloads
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict
M-Audio BX5a Deluxes and making the most out of the tools I already have...many of which are under-utilized.

And re-discovering all the free Reason refills should take me a long way in fresh sound palletes.

Haven't really purchased much this year except the M-Audios and Sonivox Pulse which sat in its box until last week. Using it for the included sound content and to manage sounds for my MPC1000 rather than saving projects on the MPCs compact flash and ram. I tried using Studio One Artist Impact but was having issues with it crashing so for under a benjamin picked this up and it works standalone for sketching songs on my laptop and includes 8gb of samples across a variety of instruments. Hope its worth the money I paid.

Considering another pair of larger monitors and/or sub for checking bass upgrading to Studio One Pro, and possibly some IK VSTs but trying to save and work with what I have for the time being. Theres alot of other cool plugs, VSTs and entry level stuff out there I'm interested in but sometimes its best to just keep it simple.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Neumann U87 (1973)
Old 14th September 2011
osd
Gear Nut

Satson-- best $39 glue I've used.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Auralex mopads and a 2 tb OWC hardrive.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Definitly maschine production wise...

Engineering wise: SATSON (really love it), decapitator!!!, Kramer MPX and last but not least Slate digital fg-x
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I bumped up to a 27" monitor from a 24". Its everything I thought it'd be.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Lucid 88192 ..... by far... got it for a steal too.

The D16 group buy went all the way so 6 for 1 was a steal plug wise.

Blue Bluebird...... what a great low cost SDC mic that turned out to be.....
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

1- MPC JJOS2XL. Love that OS, I didn't like the chop shop OS that akai added in 2.12/2.13 updated. $100 later and fighting with the default OS is over. I was really close to selling it and picking up a Roland MV8800 that I saw for $450 ish.

2- And old Pro Tools setup. I've spent months reading every manual. I ended up recreating beats that I did on other setups just to see a workflow difference and it's been an eye opening experience. I feel like everything is coming together with this and my MPC.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Is there a JJOS for the 2KXL???

Also.. I picked up the SSL Duende native plugs for a steal this year..... awesome.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl View Post
Is there a JJOS for the 2KXL???

Also.. I picked up the SSL Duende native plugs for a steal this year..... awesome.

Just the MPC 1000 and 2500. JJSO3XL comes out October 1st.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Using what I got and not worrying about it. Then vinyl. Well, I may have bought my GAP Pre-73 this year, can't remember, which was a really good investment IMO for someone who is production based but needs to record vocals every now and then.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict
got the "Blue Kiwi" "blue Robbie" And the JBL 4312sp Sub... on top of that, more recently, putting hella more foam in my booth and hearing a very noticable diference... as well as switching over to mac osx... i have made a lot of good investments... i am happy with my studio but constantly looking to update
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

I bought a vintage monosynth a couple of months ago. it was pretty expensive, but I've learned a lot about synthesis from it. since it has no presets, you have to learn how to program it.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict

omnisphere
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict

API Channel Strip
Old 16th September 2011
Here for the gear

Without a doubt my SP1200!
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

alot of vinyl.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Head

My KRK Rokit 8's
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Time

putting more time into my craft was my best investment...
Old 16th September 2011
This year would be the Sterling Modular Plan D Workstation. Without a doubt, this is my best purchase this year.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
True That! Everything else is losing value by the minute.
Word. Also great investments: Can Goods + Bottle Water.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Finishing construction on my mix room. Researching and properly treating it with absorbtion/diffusion, I can hear things right. My mixes finally translate correctly.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

UA 6176, used great shape and an even better deal!!
Bonus: sounds amazing with a tube change!
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Macbook Pro 17" and a Chin up bar

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search