The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Remembering 2010 (for hip-hop) Modular Synthesizers
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

Remembering 2010 (for hip-hop)

Get it? For hip-hop? Sorry I just had to put that in the title.

All I have to say is those who think hip-hop is dead have only themselves to blame by either not finding the goods, or not creating the goods.

2010 was a year that my project studio became fully operational. I finally got confidant enough to record and mix vocals. As a result I've had a stream of talented youth coming through here.

Just when I was about to give up on rap, these kids gotta come in here and say, nope, get back here. smfh. I love it.

I recorded a little 16 year old girl yesterday from Ladera that sonned basically every rapper I've recorded. and she makes her own beats, with instruments.

These kids are the age of my kids if I had any, but I don't which leaves me open to mentor some of these young cats.

It was also a year of disappointment because the business is shady and I haven't got much clout yet. I gotta keep telling myself i have my hands in a lot of great work and pat myself on the back because the drama, often self imposed, is thick. Just focusing on the positive and forgetting the bull****. I'm blessed to be where I'm at.

Everybody have a great and safe new year. Without sounding too cliche, 2011 is going to be big for a lot of us, i can feel it.
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRACKPIPE View Post
Get it? For hip-hop? Sorry I just had to put that in the title.

All I have to say is those who think hip-hop is dead have only themselves to blame by either not finding the goods, or not creating the goods.

2010 was a year that my project studio became fully operational. I finally got confidant enough to record and mix vocals. As a result I've had a stream of talented youth coming through here.

Just when I was about to give up on rap, these kids gotta come in here and say, nope, get back here. smfh. I love it.

I recorded a little 16 year old girl yesterday from Ladera that sonned basically every rapper I've recorded. and she makes her own beats, with instruments.

These kids are the age of my kids if I had any, but I don't which leaves me open to mentor some of these young cats.

It was also a year of disappointment because the business is shady and I haven't got much clout yet. I gotta keep telling myself i have my hands in a lot of great work and pat myself on the back because the drama, often self imposed, is thick. Just focusing on the positive and forgetting the bull****. I'm blessed to be where I'm at.

Everybody have a great and safe new year. Without sounding too cliche, 2011 is going to be big for a lot of us, i can feel it.
Bless you and people like you man.

I used to teach the kids at my old job (in Juvenile Corrections) about hip hop and how to use it as an expression. It always made me feel good that if a kid couldn't say what he or she felt they could somehow always make it fit into a rhyme and it would help them to ease their pain or quiet the inner storm. That's hip hop.

I wish we had 100 guys like you in every city man.

Happy New Year!

Peace
Illumination
Illumination
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Remembering Hip hop..Wel..I'm actually saving money for a guitar and bass now (getting 1st guitar soon) so i can record some decent music....wich is that funky or soul based west coast stuff (example:Dj quik,dr dre,dj battlecat etc..) and ofc Rnb ('nother example: tony toni tone,D'angelo,bobby brown,boyz 2 men,ginuwine).

And yeah....i think money and the public is the cause 2 for hip hop and rnb falling off. Tough many people i know tell me to start rappin 2 cuz my lyrics are powerfull and meaningfull. I wanna start rappin 2 but hey...imma white boy who gunna respect me as a rapper ? i even get none right now cuz i still rock baggys and hoodys with bandanas insteadd off tight jeans, grill shades and lil wayne cd's with crappy dances.

I do agree with Illacov that hip hop is a great way to express yourself....that's what hip hop is all about IMHO that's why tupac whas such an respected artist cuz he shared he"s anger,sadness, or toughts with the public.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search