The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LA Times Q n A with Andrew Dawson re Kanye album
Old 29th December 2010
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Alxi's Avatar
 

Interesting.
I remember reading the credits on Commons finding forever album and always wondered who that guy was.
Old 29th December 2010
  #3
Gear Maniac
 

Good read, Thanks.
Old 29th December 2010
  #4
Lives for gear
 
PRPS's Avatar
interesting article
Old 30th December 2010
  #5
Lives for gear
 
madehumble's Avatar
Very good article.
Old 30th December 2010
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Storyville's Avatar
Andrew is on here from time to time. Apparently, he also flies a helicopter!

Looking forward to the POS collab. When that dude really hits, he's going to hit hard. Mark my words.
Old 5th January 2011
  #7
Here for the gear
 

Thought I'd add this other Q&A with Andrew Dawson

Producer's Corner: Andrew Dawson | Rappers Talk Hip Hop Beef & Old School Hip Hop | HipHopDX
Old 5th January 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 
soundeq's Avatar
 

Thanks for the props guys!
I agree Storyville, the stage is really set for P.O.S. Can't wait to get started on that album. Hopefully after I'm done with it, he'll be a household name.

Oh BTW, no helicopters, just airplanes.
Old 6th January 2011
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Storyville's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeq View Post
Thanks for the props guys!
I agree Storyville, the stage is really set for P.O.S. Can't wait to get started on that album. Hopefully after I'm done with it, he'll be a household name.

Oh BTW, no helicopters, just airplanes.
AHA! You may be mixing and producing for Kanye West and POS - but I have steered a helicopter!.... PS, check your PMs.
Old 8th January 2011
  #10
Here for the gear
 

Incredible! about how much money would you think this guy makes yearly? a couple hundred k or a couple mill
Old 8th January 2011
  #11
Gear Addict
 
boosh's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkman24 View Post
Incredible! about how much money would you think this guy makes yearly? a couple hundred k or a couple mill

Imagine all the fun he has doing his job working with such talented people making great music.

I'd love to do stuff he does for $40,000 a year.

Music first. As long as I can pay for my needs I'm happy living the msucians/producer/engineer life. No need for a gazillion Dollars.
Old 9th January 2011
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Storyville's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosh View Post
Imagine all the fun he has doing his job working with such talented people making great music.

I'd love to do stuff he does for $40,000 a year.

Music first. As long as I can pay for my needs I'm happy living the msucians/producer/engineer life. No need for a gazillion Dollars.

Imagine all the WORK he does. How many engineers has Kanye kicked to the curb in his career?
Old 9th January 2011
  #13
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyville View Post
Imagine all the WORK he does. How many engineers has Kanye kicked to the curb in his career?
Exactly!
Old 9th January 2011
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Alxi's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJam View Post
Nice interview
Old 14th February 2011
  #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeq View Post
Thanks for the props guys!
I agree Storyville, the stage is really set for P.O.S. Can't wait to get started on that album. Hopefully after I'm done with it, he'll be a household name.

Oh BTW, no helicopters, just airplanes.
Will be very excited to hear a new album from P.O.S.! I'm a big fan of his music! thumbsup
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
JimThompson / So much gear, so little time
5
CoteRotie / The Moan Zone
7
barryjohns / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
2
Illicit / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
3
K.C. / So much gear, so little time
2

Forum Jump
Forum Jump