The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Craigslist soap opera?
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Craigslist soap opera?

I've stumbled across this ongoing drama that is quite hysterical and makes me wonder if you guys ever stumble across CL anomalies in your own area?

It's like this: there's this certain drummer named 'mad blah' who posts in the musicians section offering drum lessons.

post ends with contact info and 'drummer available.'

another post shortly after on the same day offers drummer available, same name, call 'blah,' looking for working bands only.

Suddenly, he posts and starts ranting incoherently in his new posts, all in caps, and the posts then get flagged and removed.

then he posts all in caps threatening the life of everyone who flagged him and all the losers in this town and drops the most outrageous death threats and talks crazy **** about those who flagged and removed his posts. But it's like a mentally impaired 16 year old trying to threaten eight year olds or something. I loved the threat about him having software to track IP's so he could find out who flagged him and he was coming over to ****en kill them.

day, two, week later.

a new humble, modest posting for drum lessons offered, call 'blah'.

then a posting for drummer available, working bands only, call 'mad blah'.

then, later, all CAPS, RANTING...remove.

rinse repeat.

funny. I've thought about pointing out this on GS before but the crazy posts always get removed before I can do so. But then it all starts again.

This evening, for instance, I wanted to share "YOU THINK YOU'RE FUNNY" and "****IN ASSHOLES NEED TO GO TO BED" with you, but they've been flagged.

So, if you are like me and sometimes find yourself without a life, check out the Corvallis, Oregon CL musicians listings for a little light entertainment. Or perhaps poke deeper into the underbelly of your local CL.

It really is fascinating for me because these modest, humble postings offering drum instruction and looking for a band seem quite honest like a guy looking to scare up some work--and to then see the ALL CAPS RANTS by the same dood is hilarious!

Since it's a bit slow in this smallish town, these are often THE ONLY POSTS in the musicians section and if you don't stop to look--all the posts are deleted and the cycle starts once again.

It's like temporary digital psychological folk art or something.

Probably once again I'm the cheese who stands alone here, but I think CL is a fascinating place to see into people.

You guys ever find any funny threads on CL?

(besides the 'best of' posts--this **** would definitely qualify for one but it's gone before you know it)

peace and ungulates.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

You're definitely not alone
I perk right up when I see a re:
There are some angry bored people out there.
I do kind of fear that I will be on there one day correcting some, just plain awful, spelling errors.
The Atlanta GA one is particularly awesome right now, there is a dude selling a bunch of old crap who is being bullied. He even made it onto the news talking about his cyber bully. I am starting to think it's his demented sales tactic and he is bullying himself for attention. Sad,sad,sad...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search