The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What Did You Get For Christmas ? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear
I totally scored in the music department. I got a tele and a Faderport. Played with the tele already, but need to go buy a powered USB extension cable to make it all the way into the machine room. Can't find one in a store so I'll probably have to order one online. Oh, and I got a second teir for my keyboard stand Oh, and I also got the Glue plugin. Yeah, pretty much all I got for Xmas was music related! Best Xmas EVERRRRRRR!
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

I got some treats for my post-mixing listening lounge. A few more toys to test my mixes on:

1. Sony F7000 Speakers, Sony 7.1 Receiver, and a 55" LED LCD 3d Bravia.

2. Beats by Dre Studio headphones.

haven't even listened to the Dre's yet but the new media center is bangin!

It was a blessed year!

oh yeah and I gifted myself a lovely titanium 535i.

YESSSSIR.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Nut

I didn't really get anything music related, though I wish someone bought me some new monitors. =) Ended up with a fancy dinner and some clothes. Lost a very nice limited edition Burberry scarf on Christmas eve while out on the town... crap. dfegad
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Maniac

My gf got me a gearslutz shirt and mug

Got an external hard drive (1TB)

My sister got me the Keith Richards book "Life", and a Blue Screen of Death shirt lol

And money from my aunt & parents, for help with future gear purchases.... thumbsup
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Maniac

^Not much gear related stuff, but cool nonetheless
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Addict
A Russell Jones shirt.
peace
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

I was totally confused when I opened this gift up but apperently the Mrs. wants to take up a new exercise!?!?!?!?
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Addict

Instead of telling you what I got, I will tell you what presents I gave to family, friends and acquaintances, and it was quite a lot this year:

A 32" monitor, Reason 5, some hookers(!), a pair of NS10s, Yamaha P2000 amp, the new Kid Kudi album, a camcorder, some wine, a cat food dispenser,
KRK R5 monitors, an APC40, NI Audio Kontrol 1, some cheap Bourbon, a Faderport, The Glue plugin, F7000 speakers and a 7.1 Receiver from Sony,
a 55" Sony LED LCD 3D TV, the Beats by Dre headphones, some Gearslutz merch, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Oh, and I actually found a very nice Burberry scarf on Christmas eve!
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

What Did You Get For Christmas ?

Imac i7 with 16 gigs of ram
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by korbes View Post
Instead of telling you what I got, I will tell you what presents I gave to family, friends and acquaintances, and it was quite a lot this year:

A 32" monitor, Reason 5, some hookers(!), a pair of NS10s, Yamaha P2000 amp, the new Kid Kudi album, a camcorder, some wine, a cat food dispenser,
KRK R5 monitors, an APC40, NI Audio Kontrol 1, some cheap Bourbon, a Faderport, The Glue plugin, F7000 speakers and a 7.1 Receiver from Sony,
a 55" Sony LED LCD 3D TV, the Beats by Dre headphones, some Gearslutz merch, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Give the damn thing back!!!! lol good one
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

Still waiting for the sales to begin on audio gear!! Seems like nobody is offering anything off their usual retail prices yet. Then I'll go and treat myself to some new monitors, checking out any suggestions (or purchases) found right here.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

I got a vintage Allen & Heath 16 channel/8bus analogue desk and a Lucid 88196 very very happy happy thumbsup
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by korbes View Post

Yeah I was wondering about that,... I can deal with the rotten Zoom pedal,..but what's with the cheap-ass bourbon,....??? Guess your frikkin' Elfs are confiscating the good liquor right?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Windows 7, Pro Tools 9 and tomorrow I'm getting my Neve 1073 DPA!
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

@korbes good stuff you got the f7000's and the 7.1 receiver too for some folks. They are awesome! thumbsup
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

An Hernia ....

Then an HP 8540W.....
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illacov View Post
A great day with my wife and kids!

I work ALOT....so a day like Christmas with the fam is worth more to me than any gear or item you can purchase.

Peace
Illumination

Same here brother. Wifey doesn't like buying me gear cause she says it's my WORK stuff. She doesn't understand the difference. Anyway, got myself a new core i5 system for the home studio. "WORK" studio has not been too inspiring lately.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Update:

A somewhat older friend of mine from Nigera just got back and brought me a bag full of Fela Kuti ORIGINAL vinyl. These are from before France (Universal) bought the catalog and remastered them, turning down the drums. Essentially trying to de-Africanize them amd make them "more suitable" to distribute for world consumption.

This is better than anything on my list from above. Even more so because I forgot he was supposed to bring them back. A nice surprise today!
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrides View Post
Update:

A somewhat older friend of mine from Nigera just got back and brought me a bag full of Fela Kuti ORIGINAL vinyl. These are from before France (Universal) bought the catalog and remastered them, turning down the drums. Essentially trying to de-Africanize them amd make them "more suitable" to distribute for world consumption.

This is better than anything on my list from above. Even more so because I forgot he was supposed to bring them back. A nice surprise today!
Niiiice! I'ma crate digger too.
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Addict

As far as gear goes, I got the Audio Technica ATH-M50 Headphones. I've only been using them to listen to music, not for any kind of beat making/mixing work.

I asked for them because of all the rave reviews I saw on this board and elsewhere. I saw so much talk about their accuracy, transparency, etc. Although, I do agree that they are a great sounding headphone. They really do have this nice, powerful, warm, but pretty clear sound...I just don't get how anyone could mix with these. They make everything...even some very bad sounding stuff sound pretty good.

The only thing I see that these headphones would really be good for is spotting if your drums and bass hit like you want, and maybe some spatial sound spotting.

I dunno, that's my general impression. I am very happy with the sound quality and definitely appreciate the gift, but like I said I haven't done any work with them yet, so I still really have to see.

I also realize that many people here are completely against mixing with headphones, but for me sometimes there is just no way around it. I am hoping these will work out for me like it seems they worked out for a lot of other people who are forced to work in a similar manner.
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Nut

Well I couldn't do it until Christmas but I got engaged tonight.
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by excLOUsiv View Post
They really do have this nice, powerful, warm, but pretty clear sound...I just don't get how anyone could mix with these. They make everything...even some very bad sounding stuff sound pretty good.
I have 4 pairs, great for producing music! I mixed with them once ... never again, they make everything sound great. Not good! stike

As far as xmas gifts I had ... nothing but some quality family time. Ah there's always next year (been saying this for ever!).
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Addict

Red numbers in my credit card.... hehheh
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

What Did You Get For Christmas ?

Pro Tools native core card from my girlfriend Now I'm forced to get an aurora 16. Can't complain!!! Should pick up more business

Happy New years, I'm drunk!!! (Jim bean & coke!)

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 4th January 2011
My wife surprised me with Metric Halo ULN-2. I was speechless...
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Two Apex 205's from my son
" The Last Waltz " DVD from my wife

Peace
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

All i got was this stupid login name :(
Old 7th January 2011
Gear Nut

Santa granny got me a Ipad ..didn't want or think I needed but damn its been pretty awesome for work !

Dave
Old 11th January 2011
Lives for gear

2 weeks before Christmas my wife & I got this:

(I know, it's a beautiful ugly type thing, but it's my 1st brand new car ever)
(it also has a car stereo that will play mp3's off of a flashdrive. Nice for checking mixes)

Then I spent New Year's Eve here:
http://www.skichinapeak.com/default.aspx

If you're a California skier you got to check it out!

In between new car & skiing I played with Lionels. I also increased the family BluRay collection. Hoping to get this:

Last edited by andsonic; 11th January 2011 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 12th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmx16 View Post
" The Last Waltz " DVD from my wife
We watched that on Xmas! Great, great film, really a work of art.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search