The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Arrested Development Appreciation Thread
Old 11th December 2005
Gear Maniac

Arrested Development Appreciation Thread

Please only respond with "in complete awe of" or "haven't checked it out yet".
-Nick
Old 11th December 2005
Gear Addict

uh...whatever her name is Porsha Derossi??
hollLLLAAA! She iz teh 53xy!

Durv
Old 11th December 2005
Lives for gear

In complete awe of...no, just kidding. That show is overrated and crappy.
Old 12th December 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsematary
In complete awe of...no, just kidding. That show is overrated and crappy.
Maybe you just don't understand it?

Nice Wonder Showzen avatar, though. David Cross is working on a future episode of that show, I read it in this pages-long super-zing to Larry the Cable Guy.
-Nick
Old 13th December 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks for noticing my Clarence avatar. I love that show.

About A.D. ... I don't know...I just don't think it's funny. I am a comedian myself and I do think I have a fairly broad sense of humour but A.D. just feels like it's made to be strange and avant-garde just for the sake of it...but it doesn't make me laugh. It's not like the Office but I do feel they're ripping off the Office (original version, not the horrible US version) in a way. But hey, I could think of worse things to put on the telly.
Old 16th December 2005
Gear Head

I thinks it's the best thing on TV at the moment. The humor is dry, and the pace is fast. I have the DVDs and I'm still picking up on things after the 3rd or 4th watch. I can't believe it's getting the boot, when crap like Two and a half Men is doing so well. I loved the BBC's Office, but I haven't laughed out loud more than a couple time at the US version. It's rubbish, but it's still on.

You know a show is great when you can't decide on a favorite character. I would have kicked your ass if you told me 3 years ago Jason Bateman was funny.

John
Old 16th December 2005
Gear Guru
I'm with JB. The best thing on television. Laugh out loud funny. The writing is brilliant. Just too smart to survive on American TV.
Old 16th December 2005
Gear Head

I was thinking about what I said about a show being great when you can't decide on favorite character. This is a false statement. I couldn't tell you who my favorite character is on Dharma and Greg or Third Rock From the Sun, but I can tell you I feel like jabbing my eyes and ears out when I have the misfortune of watching them.

Comedy is just like music or candy or tennis shoes- opinions vary. I just wish more people shared my opinion about Arrested Development so it would stay around for a few more seasons. My uncle won't ever watch another Gene Hackman movie after seeing Royal Tennenbaums, by we named our first son Ari, and our second son Nico.

I don't think because someone doesn't think somethings funny, that they don't "get it." I "get" Jay Leno and Tim Allen's jokes, I just don't think they're funny. They must be doing something right though, or no one would watch their shows.

I just so happen to drink Coca Cola. Not because I "get it" or I'm a soft drink maker, I just like the taste of it.

J.
Old 16th December 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRobb
Just too smart to survive on American TV.

Same thing happened to Twin Peaks.
Old 27th December 2005
Lives for gear

Just saw it tonight for the first time and really liked it. Must be young writers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search