The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Whats your day job? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 29th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikky View Post
I work at Fox Sports Engineering and Operations Facility

It's great to say I watch sports all day, but in reality it means a lot of weird sports. World Championship Darts during the Christmas breaks. Ha and I work strange shifts, but it's good for what it is.
Now I know who to blame for the ridiculously bad sports programming (sans aikman, and I hated him when he was with dallass, but he's the only good "color" guy you have)
Old 29th August 2015
Gear Nut
I work at amazon.
Old 5th September 2015
Lives for gear

Now, a retired career military officer. I worked deep underground as a 'Jolly Rancher' missile silo 'pilot' mainly all through Cold War Days in places that now look like this pic. My electronic panels I worked with looked very much like massive old Moog Modulars. Now doing music and visual art full-time and recreational flying.
Attached Thumbnails
Whats your day job?-silocolorado2.jpg  
Old 5th September 2015
Here for the gear

I work in a hospital and I have to walk around the hospital all day picking up patient folders and moving them somewhere else. Our library is huge. 300,000 ish sets all maintained in just one room...underground...I don't see the sun much.

The pay sucks but at least I have a roof over my head I suppose.
Old 5th September 2015
Here for the gear

Internet Auto Sales
Old 5th September 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Now, a retired career military officer.
Man that is fantastically hilarious!
Imagine the Mercans being very afraid of the Sovjets back then whilst at the same time totally forgetting about you alien guys, and even offering you a job as a 'Jolly Rancher' missile silo 'pilot'!
It's flabbergasting...

BTW, you're not in Norway too, are you?
Old 5th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicEasel View Post
Man that is fantastically hilarious!
Imagine the Mercans being very afraid of the Sovjets back then whilst at the same time totally forgetting about you alien guys, and even offering you a job as a 'Jolly Rancher' missile silo 'pilot'!
It's flabbergasting...

BTW, you're not in Norway too, are you?
We are *everywhere*..."Zombie Apocalypse" could happen at any given time.
However, many of us reside in Iceland. Bjork is our Commander.
Old 6th September 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Bjork is our Commander.
[Brings palm to face] I should have understood that all along. Something with her antennae.
Thanks for letting me in on it though.
Old 11th September 2015
Here for the gear

I sell electromechanical energy converters. Anybody want one?
Old 13th September 2015
Lives for gear
I teach music in an elementary public school. Pretty good gig most of the time though very busy during the school year. Enjoyable thread. Cheers!
Old 13th September 2015
Lives for gear

I work as a freelance translator for a service provider you all use everyday. Hectic at times. Have to get up at 9 AM, workout, surf the web and watch the news while eating breakfast and then take on a few hours. No travelling required though, apart from the bed->desk distance.
Old 4th October 2015
Here for the gear

Not flying the 39, just developing the next generation.
Old 6th October 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgarrett View Post
I work at amazon.
the river or the retail company??
Old 8th October 2015
Lives for gear

Dairy farmer. But i am running away.
Old 8th October 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixer View Post
the river or the retail company??
In fairness he did say "at" as opposed to "in" :-)
Old 13th October 2015
Lives for gear

I run an Audio Production degree course.

Booo hisss
Old 14th October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheRed View Post
I've got a McJob
Hey man, never be ashamed of a job. You don't want to have to get to a point where you realise how lucky you were to have one.

I myself have been working seven days a week for a few years now. I work at a guitar shop and assist compose/arrange classical music on my days off. All of my spare time goes to my "real" job, the money-less magic of recording and mixing and performing my own music.

Always be proud to be making money for yourself. One day if you find something better, the ladder you climbed will be seen as a valuable asset.
Old 16th October 2015
Lives for gear

Professional Product Photographer.

I used to do photography as a hobby, but then I listened to the old adage of making your hobby your job. Only problem with that was that photography no longer was enjoyable as a hobby because I did it all day, and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was open up Photoshop...not even photographing naked women was fun!

So that's when I decided to return to my earlier music hobby...when I was a kid I actually built a basic synthesizer, but only did music occasionally after I left high school.
Old 2nd November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliolicity View Post
Professionally? Software developer.
Truly? A timewaster.
I knew I wasn't alone...
Old 4th November 2015
Here for the gear
I sell instrumentals to people who apparently can sell them to other people for more lol... my kids are eating so I'm happy.
Old 5th November 2015
I'm a cellular/mobile repair technician.....fixing iphones, ipads etc....allllll the live longggg dayyyyy
Old 11th November 2015
Gear Nut

Stuck in some office dead-end abyss for now

Working hard in my home studio everyday after completing my MoanDay to Friday slavery, learning to mix my way outta here.
But hey, somehow the bills need to be paid and the new toys acquired
Old 11th November 2015
Lives for gear

Am I the only one around here that actually owns a studio? trololol

I have a mid-sized studio in Rio de Janeiro (BR), usually i'm here 10-12 hours a day, sometimes 16hours a day or even (as my last weekend) 21 hours straight for 3 days in a roll. I should get a Stakhanov Medal.
Old 13th November 2015
Here for the gear
IT Service Desk by day, struggling producer by night.
Old 14th November 2015
Gear Nut

Own a studio.
Producer/Sound Engineer/Recording Artist
Old 14th November 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by D34d_Ledger View Post
Hey man, never be ashamed of a job. You don't want to have to get to a point where you realise how lucky you were to have one.

I myself have been working seven days a week for a few years now. I work at a guitar shop and assist compose/arrange classical music on my days off. All of my spare time goes to my "real" job, the money-less magic of recording and mixing and performing my own music.

Always be proud to be making money for yourself. One day if you find something better, the ladder you climbed will be seen as a valuable asset.
Hear hear.
Old 14th November 2015
Gear Nut

Buy and sell musical equipment and instruments.

Teach people how to produce music and DJ.
Old 19th November 2015
Gear Head

Techsupport!
Old 20th November 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Now, a retired career military officer. I worked deep underground as a 'Jolly Rancher' missile silo 'pilot' mainly all through Cold War Days in places that now look like this pic. My electronic panels I worked with looked very much like massive old Moog Modulars. Now doing music and visual art full-time and recreational flying.
Now you can actually buy one of those-

missile base for sale data storage

I can't find it now, but there was one straight south of boulder that was being turned into high end condo's and a sort of inclusive (to say the least of it) housing project...
Old 27th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Now you can actually buy one of those-

missile base for sale data storage

I can't find it now, but there was one straight south of boulder that was being turned into high end condo's and a sort of inclusive (to say the least of it) housing project...

Those are the *small ones* and no pics to share due to obvious security sensitive nature of the beasts. (You should see what's actually being built in Aurora, Colorado...not just a hospital)
I already put many years in such different facilities and only thing I want to go "down into" these days is only natural geological caves...not manmade ones of apocalyptical doom.

Now I only command an extensive hardware synth set-up in my humble abode with a Maine Coon Cat Mix as my copilot. Fortunately, my pension is quite nice and now can just get lost in the soothing sonic frequencies of all types of oscillators and filters.

I am still scared by that large bright star in the sky called the Sun. USAF effectively made me into a vampire...but at least it's my own castle and not a deep underground complex.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search