The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Whats your day job? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 30th June 2015
Deleted User
Professionally? Software developer.

Truly? A timewaster.

Ideally? A musician (natch).
Old 3rd July 2015
i print stuff, & sometimes designs what ends up printed.
Old 3rd July 2015
Here for the gear

This is too basic a question and really needs redefining.

Maybe it should read.

What have you done.

What do you do.

And what can you do tomorrow.

For me, what I have done is produce and record some of the biggest artists known over the last 30 years. I have also provided there live sound and designed much of there audio equipment. I have done this for many people including artists with the top 5 selling records ever.

What I can do is use the name of the people I worked with to make me appear greater than I am. And hopefully get more work.

What can I do tomorrow morning, and this is my real worth, is maybe impress you with how I can play 7 instruments quite well, and maybe help to make you sound better than someone that is young enough to be my son.

You really are as good as what you can do tomorrow morning. All I have done has got me here. It’s for others to take it form here, and I fear where it’s going.
Old 3rd July 2015
Here for the gear
I work at a pawn shop :D
Old 8th July 2015
Gear Maniac
I'm a jack of all trades at a fairly small software development company.
Old 8th July 2015
Deleted User
For the past 8 years I've been coaching customer service reps at the call center for a major contact lens manufacturer. It's kind of like producing boy bands
Before that, I worked as a medical imaging/biomed tech for Phillips Medical Systems, in help desk support for mammography.
I also produced laser light shows for theme parks during the 90s, back when the ionic-gas lasers required water-cooling to run a half-watt output. And DOS to work the scanners. Always something going wrong...
Old 9th July 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by owned View Post

Maybe it should read.

What have you done.

What do you do.

For me, what I have done is produce and record some of the biggest artists known over the last 30 years. I have also provided there live sound and designed much of there audio equipment. I have done this for many people including artists with the top 5 selling records ever.

What I can do is use the name of the people I worked with to make me appear greater than I am. And hopefully get more work.

What can I do tomorrow morning, and this is my real worth, is maybe impress you with how I can play 7 instruments quite well, and maybe help to make you sound better than someone that is young enough to be my son.

You really are as good as what you can do tomorrow morning. All I have done has got me here. It’s for others to take it form here, and I fear where it’s going.
"What is your day job?" is a pretty straightforward question haha. Thanks for letting us know how cool you are though.
Old 10th July 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedbyjoshua View Post
"What is your day job?" is a pretty straightforward question haha. Thanks for letting us know how cool you are though.
his grammar sucks lol !

kanye is that you?

na im just messing but in all realness kanye was a creative musical genius he just let it get to his head man !
Old 10th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by owned View Post

Maybe it should read.

What have you done.

What do you do.

What have you done? I just got up and ate breakfast.
What do you do? Living my life.
And what can you do tomorrow? There's a whole bunch of stuff I can do tomorrow!

Yeah, your questions are really clear and useful!
Old 11th July 2015

Super hero !!! Call me tubeman!
Old 18th July 2015
Lives for gear

Nice thread. I build houses, and make house music.
Old 18th July 2015
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybay View Post
Nice thread. I build houses, and make house music.
Well if that isn't as a perfect a combination you can get, I don't know what is!
Old 18th July 2015
Lives for gear

I work at Fox Sports Engineering and Operations Facility

It's great to say I watch sports all day, but in reality it means a lot of weird sports. World Championship Darts during the Christmas breaks. Ha and I work strange shifts, but it's good for what it is.
Old 19th July 2015
Here for the gear

I´m a resident cultural and congress center sound technician, daily setting up and preparing the systems for all the shows and events.

Some days I get lucky and do FOH or Monitors mixing for some great artists from all over the world.
Old 20th July 2015
Lives for gear

I'm a Sr. Eng. Tech currently reentering the job market....
Entrepreneurialy, I'm A project studio owner, Sound Engineer, and Multi- Instrumental Artist, accomplished on Drums, Sequencers, Keys and Synth's,
Guitar, Bass, Percussion, Vocals.

Last edited by Temple of Light; 23rd July 2015 at 06:02 PM..
Old 25th July 2015
Guitarist/guitar teacher, haven't had a real job since the 80s!
Old 25th July 2015
Gear Head

Retired Diesel mech. You can retire from a job but not friends and family, they keep me pretty busy(thats why I've encouraged most of them to buy new vehicles)
now I camp and fish in the summer and help a buddy with his trap line in the winter.
Sixer
Old 25th July 2015
Producer , Engineer, Musician . All round bum.
Old 27th July 2015
Here for the gear
I'm a high school English/History/Cooking teacher. I'm also a qualified baker/pastry chef.
Old 27th July 2015
Here for the gear
I'm a lawyer and I work in a notary office.
Old 27th July 2015
Lives for gear

Part owner of a software company and chief technology officer.
Old 29th July 2015
Touring Musician and Sound Engineer. Concert and Festival Producer/Promoter. Event Production Services (Sound, Staging, Lighting, Party Tents, Etc.) Mostly mid scale for now, events with anywhere from 200-2,000 people. Growing constantly. Day jobs distract me from furthering my career in the entertainment industry
Old 10th August 2015
Gear Head

I run an accountancy practice when I'm not feeding my newly-acquired (only since 2012, and only seriously since last year) music making habit.
Old 10th August 2015
Gear Head

Currently writing a novel and some poetry. It's not a renumerative thing, but for the moment that's the only thing I can do. At least I don't get depressed, or think too much about all the negative things that are happening, here, in Italy (i.e. no prosperous jobs, careers or hopes for young people at all). Also, I DO really like writing. It keeps me good, mentally, keeps my creativity alive, and it helps me express some of the things I usually like to keep inside.
But up until last year, I was working for an import-export company, as a computer/server assistant, with a temporary part-time contract.
Old 11th August 2015
Lives for gear
I work in data mining and social engineering,... great thread.
Old 20th August 2015
Gear Head

Been working minimum wage jobs for last few years and was debating careers. Finally settled and got my real estate license about a month ago
Old 20th August 2015
Lives for gear

I'm a mainframe REXX programmer for a large health insurance company. I've worked for other companies: IBM, Target, Hughes Aircraft, even a University. I am addicted to programming and it pays for my gear slutiness.
Old 20th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
i'm struggleing to be an architect (working as one doesn't instantly make me one
I used to live near and play in a band with Rick Joy. He's of course gone on to bigger and better things. lol
Old 20th August 2015
Here for the gear

Unemployed attorney, hoping to change things soon.
Old 21st August 2015
Lives for gear

Burden on society.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search