The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Whats your day job? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 30th October 2012
Gear Head

Freelance hitman

Selling my semen
Old 31st October 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antn View Post
Freelance hitman

Selling my semen
take life, give life?
Old 31st October 2012
Lives for gear

lol!

Im now retired at 47
Old 31st October 2012
I just quit my job today if anyone is hiring
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

it guy server jockey guy here, i love computers, mac, unix, windows, i'm agnostic and use whatever works best for us
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

I'm head of Roland's Analog Synthesizer Developement Division.

In other words, I dont do anything anymore.
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Nut

I'm not sure anyone would be interested but I'm a graduate student in neuroscience...
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

I've been playing music for strip clubs in movies.
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtinct View Post
I'm not sure anyone would be interested but I'm a graduate student in neuroscience...
Definitely interested. I'm about to finish my undergrad in microbiology.

You concentrating in research or are you planning on going the med school route?
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
I'm head of Roland's Analog Synthesizer Developement Division.

In other words, I dont do anything anymore.
Biiig smile :-)
Old 16th November 2012
ozy
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm head of Roland's Analog Synthesizer Developement Division.In other words, I dont do anything anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by portervance View Post
I just quit my job today if anyone is hiring
@ portervance:

call TheBrightSide at Roland: they probably need another ten or hundred PR guys posting on websites in support of the priducts they DON'T think through.

Am I a good matchmaker, or am I?
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy View Post
@ portervance:

call TheBrightSide at Roland: they probably need another ten or hundred PR guys posting on websites in support of the priducts they DON'T think through.

Excellent idea.
Here at Roland, we're always looking for fresh new blood. Some young whipper-snapper to come in and really shake things up.

You can start by helping out the boys in marketing. They're having a devil of a time trying to fit the word "Analog" into the title of our next generation of Digital Synthesizers.
Also, they are running out of names of past Roland synths to copy.
It's a madhouse there.
Old 16th November 2012
ozy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Excellent idea.
Here at Roland, we're always looking for fresh new blood. Some young whipper-snapper to come in and really shake things up.

You can start by helping out the boys in marketing. They're having a devil of a time trying to fit the word "Analog" into the title of our next generation of Digital Synthesizers.
It's a madhouse there.
Happy to oblige:

Roland Vari-phrastic: 12 synth engines, not one of them can process vocals or samples, much less stretch them or whatever. The box looks exactly like a Vp9000 though.

Roland System 900: preset VA. No knobs, no menus, nothing. Just a data wheel scrolling 37000 preset names on a 2 lines LCD. 3 octaves, 3500 euros. Huge panel with original system 100/101 silkscreening but no controls.

Roland XV-50/100: completely analogue monosynth, Korg-Monotron style. No controls either. One preset only, but it's HUGE, believe me: HUGE.

Roland JD-991: DJ oriented sampler

Roland Oceania: conceived after the Gaia-Lucina series, it is basically a Integra module with a shoulder strap

oops... hogging the thread. Sorry for the OT
Old 16th November 2012
VST
Lives for gear

Optician, IT, Design, Dj
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Addict

Soon to be licensed locksmith , ex live engineer. Some IT and web stuff. I need some off the grid skills that pay when the power turns off.
Old 16th November 2012
Quote:
Excellent idea.

It's a madhouse there.
Roland should go to Moog route, re-release 30th anniversary editions of the CR series drum machines, dip em in gold, jack up the price, profit!

Honestly I'm surprised you haven't hired me yet
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear

ozy and portervance, consider yourselves hired.

That is exactly the the kind of thinking we love here at the Roland Corporation.

This is very exciting, I can't wait for the next Stock Holders meeting, so I can tell them the good news.

Old 17th November 2012
Ged
Lives for gear

now, official composer/producer , track out soon on Channel 4 documentary, but no "regular" income thanks to the UK recession ...
Old 17th November 2012
Gear Maniac

Senior executive with a US based global corporation.
Old 17th November 2012
Quote:
Paralegal, but hoping to make money off of music any day now!
Update. I'm working as a customer support manager for Music Sales in their digital education division!
Old 17th November 2012
ozy
Lives for gear

Hi guys. Just wanted to share the following.

For my day job, I have been commissioned a paper on "Digital versus Analog evaluation of skills by the Instructor".

I laughed for 20 minutes, then I started scrolling GS for juicy excerpts of the opposing philosophies.

I will extensively cut and paste. Will just replace "moog" with "respiratory capacity" and "VST" with "reaction time" and deliver the paper...

And no, I can't share my fee with you. I already spent all of it. New headphones.
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear

Recent Graphic Design graduate working as a "Graphics Technician" for large format, dye sublimation printing operation.

http://www.davidphillipsportfolio.com
Old 17th November 2012
Gear Head
Guess I'm the only guy here with a standard job then LOL. £250 a week is all I get, but it pays for me to keep a car on the road, nice clothes on my skin, and getting SMASHED on the weekend, so I'm cool with my working class life!

Other times I DJ, which earns a few quid to treat myself but its not a residency so I take what I get. We went through a stage of organising and holding our own clubnights back in the day. At one point we even managed to get Doc Scot & DJ Storm from Metalheadz through a guy who was in with them, and it felt like one of the best achievements ever, the night was massive. Had to knock it on the head in the end tho because it just isn't sustainable. After paying bouncers (even dodgy unregistered ones), barstaff, venue hire, DJ's, MC's, promotion/flyers/posters, etc etc, you realise your barely breaking even, despite the place being rammed (especially on THAT night). So its back to the bespoke kitchen fitting grind!
Old 17th November 2012
Here for the gear

SPFX technician for film I make loud sounds when I blow stuff up...Don't ever forget the earplugs!!
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy View Post
@ portervance:

You could also try the chinese government. They need more people to spread their propaganda on the web.
Old 21st November 2012
technical coordinator for events in a university / live sound engineer
Old 25th November 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyMartin View Post
Definitely interested. I'm about to finish my undergrad in microbiology.

You concentrating in research or are you planning on going the med school route?
I conduct research on substance abuse, I also came from a biology background.

Good luck on ur undergrad!

There are many biologist whom are big contributors to EDM, people ranging from Girl Talk to Arturia Minibrute designer Yves Usson.
Old 25th November 2012
Gear Head

Making the magic happen...propmaker and set painter for film and television.
Old 25th November 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroHerbalist View Post
Guess I'm the only guy here with a standard job then LOL. ...
No you are not. I have a standard job too. And funny thing is that my background is similar to yours. I was a DJ back in the days (early - late 90s). I was in the same boat like you with the money thingy. And I am still trying to get a gig every now and then to play some good old classic deephouse stuff. But the people are wiered nowadays. Most of them do not get the vibe , are way too drunk or both. At least I have a lot of good memories from the good old days.

But I have learned a lot and still benefit from knowing a lot of people I have met while I was an active DJ. And I still stay in contact with some of them, I have the opportunity to get into a studio with lots of "vintage" stuff when I need one for free etc. I think that is pretty cool.
Old 26th November 2012
Gear Head

Investment Banker (Jackpot, right?)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search