The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Have you met YOUR clone (yet)?
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

Have you met YOUR clone (yet)?

A recent thread (guitarist who could sit in for my bandmate and I wouldn't know the difference) reminded me that I have 1.5 clones of myself walking around freely in the world.

One of them is named Jack, and I'm Jackson. When I gigged a lot with my old band Spine years ago, his band Transition would share gigs with ours. We were both the same age, very close to the same height and build, both had goatees of the same shape and short length, both left handed and played drums left handed (I've known righties who play lefty) and both played the same number of drums on very similar looking kits (natural maple clear finish). It was a little strange. Thankfully, our personalities were quite different except that we were both usually laid back and mellow.

One of my other clones, Lisa, counts as 25% the same. The primary difference is sex; she's a she, I'm a man boy. Another one who's the same age, left handed drummer, but who had similar enough interests that we dated for awhile.

The 75% clone who fills out the last .5 is Kenneth. He's 4" taller than me, but we look too similar. Tall, thin (at least back then), very similar faces and hair. I say "too" similar because he was a pot dealer (I wasn't) and we both used to work in the same restaurant years ago, which meant that his many "connections" would often mistake me for him. There were a few incidents where his clients would show up angry and start shit with me. That got old fast.

I've met people who tell me similar stories, but no one has told me they had a near match for them like Jack is to me.

If you have a clone or someone who is eerily similar to you or someone you know, post your story!
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Maniac

I have Schizophrenia, you loose.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemontree View Post
I have Schizophrenia, you loose.
I think you mean Multiple Personality Disorder
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

I can see him but I can't quite get to him yet. He does everything I do as I do them.

He's on the other side of my mirror.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear