The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone play FarmTown on Facebook?
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Smile Anyone play FarmTown on Facebook?

I started playing FarmTown on facebook just a few days ago.

I'm ridiculously addicted to it.

I already have 160.000 coins, barns, silos, animals the whole 9 yards

I swear, my customers are gonna start getting pissed.

I've only got 3 amps done today....

I play on the computer too much
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

You should consider the Harvest Moon series on the Nintendo consoles. THAT is addictive farming.
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Fingers View Post
You should consider the Harvest Moon series on the Nintendo consoles. THAT is addictive farming.
i had the one with the sunlight thing on the cartrage! i couldnt play it at all becaue i live in northen england!
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Head

Don't you mean Farmville?

Lol all of my facebook friends + their mothers + their grandmothers are playing it
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Maniac

I used to have every kind of animal in any possible colour ('lonely' pink cows etc.) parade on my Facebook home page as a result of many 'friends' playing Farmville; then I realised that pressing the 'Hide' button hides the app and not the entire friend's news stream and I've been using it for almost every annoying app ever since...heh

Err... sorry to not share your enthusiasm for the game.
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Maniac
My daughter plays this as much as she can & it is very irritating, I mean I have to fight her to be able to get on Gearslutz
Old 12th December 2009
Thumbs up

we play farm town for real - in our VERY REAL FARM TOWN.

we grow our own heirloom veggies and herbs, etc.

we do volunteer work on our local farms.

we support all our local farmers, CSAs, Co-ops, etc.

we buy local bio-dynamic and perma-culture grown organic produce.

we buy almost exclusively local, free range, anti-biotic and hormone-free, grass fed beef and other animals, and local free-range, antibiotic and hormone free grain-fed chicken - all raised and slaughtered ethically and locally.

we buy local raw milk and other raw dairy products.

we support all our local family owned and operated businesses, and try to shop there almost exclusively!

...and on and on.

...and yes, does it feel great - all the way around!!

nothing makes me feel better than eating healthy, delicious food - while simultaneously supporting local families in my town!...being able to give these hard-working local people a smile, and keep them in business - instead of giving my money to greedy companies who ship their jobs out to unregulated cheap labor in poor countries, etc.

you should try it! it's worth every dollar, every bite, and every exchanged smile!

Old 14th December 2009
Gear Maniac

I'm a multi-millionaire! Have the biggest farm possible and up there in the "level" system....

It's the practice of true capitalism without the government interfering!
Old 19th December 2009
Lives for gear

My girlfriend is addicted to playing farmville.

I can't see the appeal, seems totally pointless to me.
Old 20th December 2009
Gear Head

Same thing as Darius.. My girl plays Farmville but I never see the point in doing it. Only game that I dabbled with on facebook was UNO, lol.
Old 14th January 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Fingers View Post
I have the Harvest moon game on Gameboy SP and fell in love with harvest moon when i played my brothers 64 game, I LOVE HARVEST MOON
Old 14th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye View Post

we play farm town for real - in our VERY REAL FARM TOWN.

we grow our own heirloom veggies and herbs, etc.

we do volunteer work on our local farms.

we support all our local farmers, CSAs, Co-ops, etc.

we buy local bio-dynamic and perma-culture grown organic produce.

we buy almost exclusively local, free range, anti-biotic and hormone-free, grass fed beef and other animals, and local free-range, antibiotic and hormone free grain-fed chicken - all raised and slaughtered ethically and locally.

we buy local raw milk and other raw dairy products.

we support all our local family owned and operated businesses, and try to shop there almost exclusively!

...and on and on.

...and yes, does it feel great - all the way around!!

nothing makes me feel better than eating healthy, delicious food - while simultaneously supporting local families in my town!...being able to give these hard-working local people a smile, and keep them in business - instead of giving my money to greedy companies who ship their jobs out to unregulated cheap labor in poor countries, etc.

you should try it! it's worth every dollar, every bite, and every exchanged smile!

Almost same here, getting there.
Old 18th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius van H View Post
My girlfriend is addicted to playing farmville.

I can't see the appeal, seems totally pointless to me.

+1

she loves it. she plays so much, she also has her friends passwords to keep there farms goin g while there living there lives.

lol!

could be worse, she could be into country,jersey shore etc...
Old 20th January 2010
The only people on my friendslist that play farmvilletownwhatevers are over the age 60. not joking at all.
Old 4th February 2010
Lives for gear

Civilization Comes to Facebook This June

If Farmville's like a daisy-cutter to productivity, this will be a nuke. Forget pigs and cows, managing an empire takes time.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear