The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Modernbeats.com Beat submission??
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

Modernbeats.com Beat submission??

Hey has anyone had a placement from this or anyone here even use it? Is it legit? Thanks guys.
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

I'm pretty sure it is legit, I haven't ever used it, I've thought about it though. It's like everything else though you are competing against lots of people that are doing the same thing that you are. Most likely the level of your competition is going to be higher. Some of the splits are good others suck.

I would say if you do happen to get a placement out of it that will definitely be your foot in the door. So there are pro's and con's it just depends if the Pro's outweigh the con's when it comes to what you are trying to accomplish. Plus they give you a 20 dollar coupon to spend money on their products, so the fee is mainly there to filter out the kids that think they are hot ish and in reality they are really wack.
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

Its jokes, anyone know how to get em off your email? Hand in for Cher? Right...
Old 21st October 2009
CLH
Gear Maniac

I submitted a track for the 1st time a couple months ago. It got selected and I was told to check my email regularly, as the management/publishing/etc would contact me shortly. Never heard a thing, though.

Would be cool to know if anybody actually got a cut from submitting there!
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

don't you have to use/purchase 2 sets of theirs that no one else is buying in the track? there ya go right there.
Old 21st October 2009
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle View Post
don't you have to use/purchase 2 sets of theirs that no one else is buying in the track? there ya go right there.
What does that even mean? Are you saying one must purchase 2 of their drum kits and use them in the track, and that no one else is using them?
Old 21st October 2009
Deleted #29527
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarien View Post
What does that even mean? Are you saying one must purchase 2 of their drum kits and use them in the track, and that no one else is using them?
Hahaha, that´s hilarious!
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear
They say I have to create the beat I send from their sounds. This makes it hard for me to take it seriously. Smells money. Plus it makes sure that ALL the submitted beats'll sound the same. But maybe I'm wrong.
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

They have two different things.

They have the beat contest where you have to use a certain library of theirs to submit, to where if you win you get a $1000 bucks.

Then you have the Song submit where you have the chance to get your song picked to be used by an artist or for a TV show or whatever it is.
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
i'm not sure about the one you're referring to. in the past, they would make you buy a sample pack or two from their catalog that you probably wouldn't buy otherwise and you have to use them in the track. packs that are not their best sellers and are more than likely having a really hard time moving.
Old 21st October 2009
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle View Post
i'm not sure about the one you're referring to. in the past, they would make you buy a sample pack or two from their catalog that you probably wouldn't buy otherwise and you have to use them in the track. packs that are not their best sellers and are more than likely having a really hard time moving.

I never heard of that one, but it does make sense to do it from a business perspective. I only heard of the one where you can submit it to like Kelsey Grammer to use on one of his failing sitcoms. I've never done that one also because I don't think anyone wants to hear what I make, not even me. I typically put in ear plugs whenever I'm making a song and hopefully I've beethoven'd my way to a hit. So far I'm 0 for 325.
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

C'mon fellas, this online beat shopping fad is a scam. It's so easy to see and yet people are still falling for this ish
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
C'mon fellas, this online beat shopping fad is a scam. It's so easy to see and yet people are still falling for this ish
exactly, i don't think mariah and company is coming to modern beats looking for work. i'm sure they have a contact with some a&r's to cover their ass legally but like i said, it's all about sales. if it's not selling, let's figure out how we can move them. if you can't see that you're blind. i don't know how else to explain it!
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I never heard of that one, but it does make sense to do it from a business perspective. I only heard of the one where you can submit it to like Kelsey Grammer to use on one of his failing sitcoms. I've never done that one also because I don't think anyone wants to hear what I make, not even me. I typically put in ear plugs whenever I'm making a song and hopefully I've beethoven'd my way to a hit. So far I'm 0 for 325.
That's funny...Lol I like that (beethovend my way to a hit)

Originally Posted by MikeyMike

Dhiltonlittle : exactly, i don't think mariah and company is coming to modern beats looking for work. i'm sure they have a contact with some a&r's to cover their ass legally but like i said, it's all about sales. if it's not selling, let's figure out how we can move them. if you can't see that you're blind. i don't know how else to explain it!

Not to mention that not only do they sell sets, they also can sell your contact information so that it's a win win situations for them.
No easy way out so just enjoy the ride, pick up more knowledge along the way.
Peace & blessings.
Old 12th March 2010
Lives for gear

Old thread ressurection, but I just started getting e-mails from these guys too. Smells like a scam.
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Maniac

All I know is they´re making real money, because they must got to pay this names they put on the site telling that song A or song B on Billboard was made using elements from their drum kits...

But I still can´t believe that a producer that make millions on a track will agree to tell where he get his drums from, if he really was getting his drums from there.

I think Bangin Beats did it before them but they don´t went too far with this **** like Modern Beats did.

BTW don´t you think their kits are too compressed, like they are already mastered to today´s loudness standards, like their made to impress amateur producers listening it solo, rather than experienced ones ? I´m not really sure about this, but I think that stuff like this can be a problem on the mastering, or even on the mixing. Engineers please correct me if I´m wrong.
Old 13th March 2010
Gear Nut

Anyone heard of this one: www.beats4tunes.com

Smells like some kind of scam too.
Old 13th March 2010
Lives for gear

Come senor please, i give you good price, buy my paella
Old 10th May 2017
Here for the gear

I just wanna know has anyone got paid using this service and if so do you feel you're getting paid what you're music is worth?
Old 10th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartGuy42 View Post
I just wanna know has anyone got paid using this service and if so do you feel you're getting paid what you're music is worth?
Thread resurrection of the day!
Old 13th May 2017
Lives for gear

These things are jokes. I bet they want money to post. They are looking for desperate people that will pay it. Getting your stuff used is NEVER that easy. NEVER!!
Old 5th May 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
I submitted a track for the 1st time a couple months ago. It got selected and I was told to check my email regularly, as the management/publishing/etc would contact me shortly. Never heard a thing, though.

Would be cool to know if anybody actually got a cut from submitting there!
I did sign a contract with Jack D. Elliot through ModernBeats.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear