The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?
Old 10th September 2019
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Who knew!

Mushroom spores are one of the few living things that leave earth and travel through space and come back to earth and grow... ending up on a **** Michelin plate... "so do you have anything from the constellation Virgo? - it's my birthday today.

Last edited by s wave; 10th September 2019 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: mispell
Old 10th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
Mushroom spore are one of the few living things that leave earth and travel through space and come back to earth and grow... ending up on a **** Michelin plate... "so do you have anything from the constellation Virgo? - it's my birthday today.
The mechanical strength of the spore case makes this possible. The Armillaria ostoyae is the largest known mycellium covering an estimated 2400 acres and a few thousand years old. Terrence McKenna had some interesting thoughts about mushrooms: Food of the Gods, shaper of civilizations through the interaction with consciousness.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Tardigrades.

CRASHED MOON LANDER SPLATTERED LIVE ORGANISMS ONTO LUNAR SURFACE
https://futurism.com/the-byte/crashe...ms-tardigrades

Quote:
Israeli lunar lander Beresheet crashed onto the surface of the Moon on April 11 — and it may have left more than a pile of wreckage. It was also carrying thousands of tardigrades, small micro-animals often referred to as “water bears.”

Why it matters: because, according to Wired, tardigrades are the “toughest animal in the known universe” — so resilient that they’ve been found living on the exterior of the International Space Station. In other words, there may now be life on the Moon.
Old 10th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Tardigrades.

CRASHED MOON LANDER SPLATTERED LIVE ORGANISMS ONTO LUNAR SURFACE
https://futurism.com/the-byte/crashe...ms-tardigrades
Cute little critters...reminded me of the Hallucigenia

Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Cute little critters...reminded me of the Hallucigenia

so that's why we never went back to the moon
Old 11th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanzer View Post
> I would politely suggest watching it without the assistance of mushrooms

Another great future SIG contender!
Yeah, I came close to spitting duty-free whisky all over my laptop here when reading that.
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
Joe Rogan
Rogan gets wet panties from all kinds of conspiracy theories so that tells you what kind of source you're consuming...
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you can't lead the sceptics to the trough of data and objectivity, then they basically got what they wanted:
(emphasis by me)

Ok, so let's start with you.
Please tell us who 'they' objectively are. Give us data about 'them'.
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is how subjects become taboo and impossible to deal with in public discourse. They are good at it, so 'we' have to be better.
LOL, hey, how about some actual evidence for your claims maybe..?

Quote:
Insist on the facts, stop being led down the woo-woo path. There are plenty facts to discuss at this point in time.
Yes! Insist on facts! Give us FACTS. PLEEEEEESE!!
Only thing you gave us so far is people saying crap without any evidence, blurry pictures, etc etc. How about some actual facts?
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I reminded you to study the facts and documents that are available, some important new ones are being generated at this time.
Are you saying that important facts are being generated???
How appropriate...
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

@ monomer - You'll have more success going out in your back yard and having an argument with a tree.
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
@ monomer - You'll have more success going out in your back yard and having an argument with a tree.
Hmm. Last time i tried i sent the tree into a pensive mood.
Of course i asked it what the answer was to life, the universe and everything. I guess it's going to take a while...
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Skeptilians are a rare breed of fuzzy little creatures. Not good to ruffle their universes.
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
Skeptilians are a rare breed of fuzzy little creatures. Not good to ruffle their universes.
The cozy little universe I inhabit has no aliens in it. Prove me wrong.
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
So far, the UFOlogists have not produced anything that could cause a "ruffling".

Real factual evidence of alien life would be actually quite exciting to me. Sadly, a list of innuendos does not constitute "factual evidence". A list of 'things that cannot be explained' is not evidence FOR someone's favorite alternative explanation of those unexplained things.

The reason the Leprechauns put their Pot Of Gold at the end of the rainbow is because the closer you get to the end, the further the rainbow recedes. That quality of always being just out of reach is the defining characteristic of UFOlogy. And also of ghosts, fairies, bigfoot, whathaveyou. It's in the very OP of the thread. "Disclosure" is very near. Any day now.

The thread is coming up on being ten years old.

We may in the near future discover evidence of "life" in the sense of detecting biological signatures in the atmospheres of exoplanets. That would be Epic, but it's still a long way from proving intelligent aliens are visiting us here on Earth, right now. And an even longer way from proving little grey men are kidnapping the inventors of rocket powered motorcycles or making secret "deals" with our government officials.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

This new "Men In Black" movie was very entertaining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3lJwV7ZIIk
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Deductive reasoning vs inductive reasoning. Proving something doesn't exist is daunting. Same is true with proving it.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Deductive reasoning vs inductive reasoning. Proving something doesn't exist is daunting. Same is true with proving it.
Burden of proof is on the one who claims something exists (in this case, intelligent extraterrestrial aliens). Without that claim, there is no need to prove it doesn't exist.
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
I can easily prove the ocean exists, I can take any "skeptics" with me down to the beach. I can put them on a ship and toss them overboard. If they don't believe in sharks, I can bring them to the aquarium where they can pet one if they like.

Proving something exists is actually rather easy - when it actually exists. When every piece of evidence is ephemeral, when the Men In Black keep "confiscating" literally everything, when every "photo" is "blurry" - that's a sign of conspiracy theory at work. Some people don't know how to interpret those clues and they keep chasing the end of the rainbow, which keeps moving away from them just as they feel they are getting "really close now". They are like Charlie Brown and the football.

Imagine if the Men In Black had to keep hiding the evidence of something real. Like the existence of sharks. Every time someone got bit by a shark they would have to have a rapid response team come in and create a diversion, confiscate the shark and all photos the hospital took of the wound. Every time a fisherman caught a shark in his net, he would be warned to shut up about it - or else.

If sharks are real and commonly sighted by people all over the world, what a task that would be! Talk about daunting.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
I can easily prove the ocean exists, I can take any "skeptics" with me down to the beach. I can put them on a ship and toss them overboard. If they don't believe in sharks, I can bring them to the aquarium where they can pet one if they like.

Proving something exists is actually rather easy - when it actually exists. When every piece of evidence is ephemeral, when the Men In Black keep "confiscating" literally everything, when every "photo" is "blurry" - that's a sign of conspiracy theory at work. Some people don't know how to interpret those clues and they keep chasing the end of the rainbow, which keeps moving away from them just as they feel they are getting "really close now". They are like Charlie Brown and the football.

Imagine if the Men In Black had to keep hiding the evidence of something real. Like the existence of sharks. Every time someone got bit by a shark they would have to have a rapid response team come in and create a diversion, confiscate the shark and all photos the hospital took of the wound. Every time a fisherman caught a shark in his net, he would be warned to shut up about it - or else.

If sharks are real and commonly sighted by people all over the world, what a task that would be! Talk about daunting.
I was kind of saying if your whole life all you saw were gray elephants - you would deduce all elephants are gray vs I have never seen a pink elephant but they can exist - I can't prove it - or disprove it - type thing.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
Burden of proof is on the one who claims something exists (in this case, intelligent extraterrestrial aliens). Without that claim, there is no need to prove it doesn't exist.
So you are saying that God and angels do not exist because you can't prove it? Many people who have seen the like... do not need proof... Who says a burden of proof is even part of the question. For someone who does not believe - they are like the Missouri saying - I will believe it when I see it. I like the other saying... you will see it when you believe it. Can you prove there is no life after death? That does not mean it does not exist.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
So you are saying that God and angels do not exist because you can't prove it? Many people who have seen the like... do not need proof... Who says a burden of proof is even part of the question. For someone who does not believe - they are like the Missouri saying - I will believe it when I see it. I like the other saying... you will see it when you believe it. Can you prove there is no life after death? That does not mean it does not exist.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, religious questions are utterly irrelevant. So proving or disproving such things is, for me, a waste of time. And you are speaking of "belief". That's a topic where pretty much anything goes, logic and evidence be damned. So I guess one could "believe" in aliens. Have at it.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

The Fermi Paradox

The Fermi Paradox is scientific and rational thought applied to the topic of alien life or the lack there of. There's a lot to this. This video explains it in 6 minutes:

The Fermi Paradox was first proposed by Italian/American Physicist Enrico Fermi who also invented the science behind the nuclear reactor and the nuclear bomb.

Sorry if someone has already brought this up. I haven't read all 2900+ posts.
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
So you are saying that God and angels do not exist because you can't prove it? Many people who have seen the like... do not need proof...
Those people are delusional. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Who says a burden of proof is even part of the question.
Anyone that can think logically.

Quote:
For someone who does not believe - they are like the Missouri saying - I will believe it when I see it. I like the other saying... you will see it when you believe it.
I like the other saying too because it is more accurate: Belief can make you see(, hear, smell etc) things that don't exist.

Quote:
Can you prove there is no life after death? That does not mean it does not exist.
There is no plausible reason at all to believe in life after death so until proven otherwise, it is safe to assume there is no life after death. Don't confuse wishful thinking and existential angst with evidence.

Alistair
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Alistair, I just noticed that pretty much everything one needs to hear on the topic is contained in your signature!
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Nut

If you have Jazz Skills, it's your moral imperative to make harmonization videos using Aliens videos such as this one. Calling out the chords as per this video will be very helpful, too.
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
The burden of proof is on the one claiming something exists because the other side would have to prove a negative (and we all know) you can't prove a negative. To state it another way - the inability to prove something does not exist happens 100% of the time. So how can that be the determination of anything?
Old 16th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
The burden of proof is on the one claiming something exists because the other side would have to prove a negative (and we all know) you can't prove a negative. To state it another way - the inability to prove something does not exist happens 100% of the time. So how can that be the determination of anything?
Maybe an MWI adherent can comment on the "low density distribution" of infinitely many "hell-like" places, and juxtapose that with the need to "prove" that heaven and/or hell exist. In other words, if everything that can happen does happen, do you need to prove that heaven/hell/God/etc exist, or is it built into your core "interpretation" (belief) of physics?

Anyway, top philosophers have all but concluded that a higher intelligence is out there, yet that doesn't say much about any connection that we may or may not have to something beyond our short little lives.
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slutter View Post
Maybe an MWI adherent can comment on the "low density distribution" of infinitely many "hell-like" places, and juxtapose that with the need to "prove" that heaven and/or hell exist. In other words, if everything that can happen does happen, do you need to prove that heaven/hell/God/etc exist, or is it built into your core "interpretation" (belief) of physics?

Anyway, top philosophers have all but concluded that a higher intelligence is out there, yet that doesn't say much about any connection that we may or may not have to something beyond our short little lives.
Congratulations your starting to understand! Your post is the beginning of you trying to convince me that there are aliens and you have abandoned the notion that I should prove they don't.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search