The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #3481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
If you can't see that grabbing that ready made definiton/solution/explanation/assumption/projection and running with it with your tail proud in the air, slicing it with a feeling of superiority, is a binary bull**** trap not befitting of a grown adult, well then......you can't I guess.
I literally can't tell if you're slamming me or agreeing with me, because I certainly don't feel superiority.
My philosophy on life has been, for a very long time, believe as few untrue things as possible. All that really means is that my standard for evidence for everything is about as consistent as I can possibly make it. I don't just suddenly decide that someone is spouting disinfo because they contradict me. I think the "skeptics" here have been very consistent in their demand for actual evidence. We don't have to take someone like Brennan at face value necessarily, but without any other evidence to support alien visitation claims why jump to he's lying? It's possible to remain neutral on a claim until physical evidence present themselves. And if it never does? It doesn't mean there's no evidence, we just haven't seen it, but in the process of living a useful life there are many things we can agree on that we can dismiss out of hand. If we can't stay consistent on what we accept as compelling evidence then we'll believe all kinds of whacky crap that could actually diminish our lives.

Of course, some people who have emotional investments in their decided upon worldview being correct see this as hubris. Seems more their problem than mine. I'm certainly not starting any holy wars against infidels. Maybe I'm just topped off on this bull**** because my neighbor is the least consistent conspiracy theorist I've ever met and he's exhausting. Any lack of evidence for his claims is a coverup, and any contradictory evidence is a lie from the mainstream media or fabricated. He is literally unfalisfiable and has the hubris to believe he can live in the middle of the desert and think he has secret knowledge hidden from everyone else with an internet connection. He literally is incapable of seeing what he's doing. It's crazy.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3482
Gear Addict
On another note: Shouldn't we be worried? Are we already screwed?

Old 2 weeks ago
  #3483
I'll have one of those to do my shopping for me...

Probably get everything for free !
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #3484
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
I literally can't tell if you're slamming me or agreeing with me, because I certainly don't feel superiority.
My philosophy on life has been, for a very long time, believe as few untrue things as possible. All that really means is that my standard for evidence for everything is about as consistent as I can possibly make it. I don't just suddenly decide that someone is spouting disinfo because they contradict me. I think the "skeptics" here have been very consistent in their demand for actual evidence. We don't have to take someone like Brennan at face value necessarily, but without any other evidence to support alien visitation claims why jump to he's lying? It's possible to remain neutral on a claim until physical evidence present themselves. And if it never does? It doesn't mean there's no evidence, we just haven't seen it, but in the process of living a useful life there are many things we can agree on that we can dismiss out of hand. If we can't stay consistent on what we accept as compelling evidence then we'll believe all kinds of whacky crap that could actually diminish our lives.

Of course, some people who have emotional investments in their decided upon worldview being correct see this as hubris. Seems more their problem than mine. I'm certainly not starting any holy wars against infidels. Maybe I'm just topped off on this bull**** because my neighbor is the least consistent conspiracy theorist I've ever met and he's exhausting. Any lack of evidence for his claims is a coverup, and any contradictory evidence is a lie from the mainstream media or fabricated. He is literally unfalisfiable and has the hubris to believe he can live in the middle of the desert and think he has secret knowledge hidden from everyone else with an internet connection. He literally is incapable of seeing what he's doing. It's crazy.
That was long. I personally find it ludicrous to think of anything from Brennan as likely to be true. But then I am mostly watching patterns and as far as that goes it seems a better likelyhood he's bull****ting than him telling the truth.

I also have no dog in the "are there aliens" thing.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #3485
Gear Addict
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #3486
Lives for gear
 
AfterViewer's Avatar
 

That'll be like chasing down a fart in a whirlwind.
Old 1 week ago
  #3487
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #3488
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmik Prod. View Post
CNN
Yeah how dare CNN report something factual
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
  #3489
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #3490
Gear Addict
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #3491
Gear Guru
 

Many things will remain secret after the "180 days" are up because they are a matter of national security. Having nothing to do with "aliens", but having plenty to do with our military's ability to confuse a potential adversary as to where our planes are, how many there are, how fast they are moving and so on.

Had such a "rule" been instituted in the late 1970's, when the F117 Stealth plane was being developed does anyone really believe that it would have been exposed prematurely just because some idiot congressmen were worried about "aliens"? Even rank and file military were out of the loop when the plane was being developed. They call them "dark" programs for a reason.

In any case, calling unidentified aerial phenomena by the terms: "vehicles" or: "craft" is prejudicial and unjustified by the evidence. Yet it is a routine feature of these stories. A "vehicle" is a physical hollow object that has a 'passenger' or a 'pilot'. Lights in the sky and things that spoof your radar or your FLIR could be (and more likely are) something non-physical - deliberately induced on the sensory equipment for perfectly mundane (terrestrial) military purposes. The spot on the wall from your laser pointer, that your kitten keeps trying to catch seems like a physical thing - to the kitten.

Those kinds of technologies will not be "disclosed" in 180 days. It's a matter of National Security having nothing to do with Aliens. Like the stealth plane, these abilities will not be disclosed to the public until well after enemy intelligence already knows all about it, and the need for secrecy is past.

This thread was started almost 12 years ago, and remember, Disclosure was "just around the corner" then! In 2009.

Quote:
Marco Rubio

well, good to know the investigation is in such capable hands!!

Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-rubio.jpg

But in any case, including such laughable 'H-bomb on Mars' stories in the same discussion where people are ostensibly trying to "convince the skeptics" shows how little these people are capable of critical thinking and how low their standards of "evidence" are.
Attached Thumbnails
Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-rubio.jpg  
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
That was long. I personally find it ludicrous to think of anything from Brennan as likely to be true. But then I am mostly watching patterns and as far as that goes it seems a better likelyhood he's bull****ting than him telling the truth.

I also have no dog in the "are there aliens" thing.
I did kind of break with the thread's etiquette of just posting a youtube link with no comments about it.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3493
I love those dancing robots! Creepy, but nothing more than a bobcat or forklift at this point. The truly scary machines that can wipe us out will look nothing like us as it's tough to mount flame-throwers, grenade launchers, machine guns, etc on a human form. Until then I look forward to my AI overlords and robot butlers.

I can't wait to come back in 180 days to watch the tears flow... oh wait, no one will actually be upset, we'll just pretend it's part of the coverup and move on to the next disclosure event.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3494
Gear Addict
Remember, just because someone posts a YouTube video or a screenshot of a news headline that says "the intelligence agencies are required to declassify what they know about UFOs in 180 days", doesn't mean the poster (yours truly in this instance) is bragging or is confident that it'll actually happen, or anything else for that matter. Maybe since this thread is about UFOs, some people have this insane idea of posting relevant links. Imagine their audacity.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3495
Remember that when you provide zero context in a thread full of wide-eyed true believers it's going to seem a lot like you're sharing info you think is relevant.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3496
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfghdhr View Post
"the intelligence agencies are required to declassify what they know about UFOs in 180 days"
Except that 'what they know about UFOs' includes what they know about "dark" military aerospace programs, that get reported as 'sightings' by civilians (and even other military people!!). There is no way they are required to declassify any ongoing military programs.

In fact, since these secret programs are often highly compartmentalized, one agency that was collecting reports of sightings might be inadvertently revealing information about a program that another agency is trying to keep secret. One organization's "potential Extraterrestrial craft" is another organizations secret advanced Hypersonic Stealth Drone. Such material will be reviewed and not released if it conflicts with bona fide military research programs.

All the UFOlogist will claim "cover-up" and in a sense it will be a cover-up. A cover-up of our own military's activities and capabilities. To UFOlogists, the word UFO means almost exclusively: "alien space ship" and nothing will be disclosed from any agency about Alien space ships because nobody, not even the top level government agencies has any proof that they exist. Another cry of "cover up" will arise because to conspiracy theorists, all evidence points to the conspiracy, and all lack of evidence also points to the conspiracy.


Quote:
Maybe since this thread is about UFOs, some people have this insane idea of posting relevant links. Imagine their audacity.
The only "relevant" links that I would interested in would be a videotaped interviews with an actual alien, conducted by genuine mainstream news organizations - maybe having him explain why he is here, explain why he likes to play peekaboo around nuclear missiles, take responsibility for crop circles and maybe give us a tour of his flying saucer.


Nearly all the YouTubes posted so far are click-bait baloney. Reenactments! Cartoons! Unsupported claims. Innuendos. To say nothing of the ones that have the Space Marines battling the Reptilians at a secret base in Antartica!

For something occurring so "often", for something so potentially important, for something so many millions of individual Henchmen must be employed full-time in the "cover-ups" (on an industrial scale!!) the lack of solid evidence for alien visitation is simply incredible. "Incredible" as in not credible, as in there is nothing that makes me think I should believe it.

Not one of these Henchmen came away with so much as a polaroid. Bob Lazar couldn't even come up with a pay stub.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3497
Gear Guru
 

Hey what ever happened to those samples of a "metal" that somebody claimed to have in a warehouse in Las Vegas or something? The metal that "could not" be made by our current technology? Have they had it tested yet? It's been well over a year. This metal was in the possession of people who believe in Alien Visitation. i.e. not the government.

Are they covering up their own "evidence"? Or maybe it turned out to be just some regular old metal?

I want to know: why does every trail turn cold? No cover-up could be that effective.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3498
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
Hey what ever happened to those samples of a "metal" that somebody claimed to have in a warehouse in Las Vegas or something? The metal that "could not" be made by our current technology? Have they had it tested yet? It's been well over a year. This metal was in the possession of people who believe in Alien Visitation. i.e. not the government.

Are they covering up their own "evidence"? Or maybe it turned out to be just some regular old metal?

I want to know: why does every trail turn cold? No cover-up could be that effective.
They simply realized humanity is "not ready" for this type of revelation and are holding it back until our consciousness evolves to the next level of existence and we don't freak and maybe raid the capitol building in face paint carrying zipties or something totally ludicrous.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3499
Gear Addict
You mean Element 115?
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3500
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
They simply realized humanity is "not ready" for this type of revelation and are holding it back until our consciousness evolves to the next level of existence
The universe is 13 billion years old. The Earth is only 4 billion years old. A planet that is capable of supporting life could very reasonably be 5 billion years old and have a 1 billion year head start on us. We might need to wait not "180 days" but a billion years to be truly "ready".

One billion years ago, the most advanced creature on this planet was a microscopic jellyfish-like blob of loosely associated cells. Just as that blob of cells would be incapable of grasping the reality of humans passing by in a nuclear submarine, we would be incapable of grasping the reality of beings a billion years more advanced than us. Since evolution seems to accelerate on a hockey-stick curve, the actuality of it would be even more extreme than us vs the jellyfish.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3501
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfghdhr View Post
You mean Element 115?
No this was some "metal" supposedly recovered at Roswell or some other UFO "crash" that purportedly cannot be made by humans and cannot be assayed by any metallurgical lab. And reportedly levitates when exposed to radiation. It's that Blink-182 guy.

We already did "Element 115" just a few pages back. The UFO communities take on it is (naturally) just more bulls#!t.

Here is what I said about transuranium elements and the idea that someone "predicted" one:


Quote:
Neptunium - the first transuranium element (#93 ) was first synthesized in 1940, though it was already known that such elements are capable of existing. Since that time, they found #93 and #94 and so on. So some UFO hoaxter pulls a number out his ass and says "#115" and some decades later someone does manage to synthesize it. So what?

They are up to Element 118 now! I could sit here and concoct a wild story about "Element 122". Nobody knows what it is, but in another 10 or 20 years, someone will no doubt synthesize it in a lab. Does that mean I have special knowledge?

No it just means that we have seen it go from 98 all the way to 118. How much inside info do I need to make a claim about the existence of "#122" ?? How much of a reach is that since literally every single slot so far has been "filled"? Sooner or later some lab will synthesize a few atoms worth and they will get to name it.
Every single transuranium element thus far has been capable of being synthesized. Without exception. Just slam an extra proton into the nucleus and you have the "next number" element. 93, 94, 95. Only the woefully scientifically ignorant can be "impressed" by a new element with a slightly higher number.


Quote:
Muscovium (as #115 is now called) is so unstable that the element decays in less than a second and cannot be utilized for anything. At least with Plutonium you can make a bomb. And with Americium you can make a smoke detector. Lazar's description of what the element is "like" turns out to be completely wrong.
the only thing he got right is that there is (or would be) an Element 115. Predicting the eventual synthesis of element 115 is like predicting the eventual development of Windows 14. Or the eventual development of the 2025 Mazda Miata. There's no such thing as Windows 14 now, but how much of a stretch would it be to predict that one day there will be? The fact that they got everything else about the element WRONG - its properties, its usefulness, etc is just par for the UFOlogist course.

Last edited by joeq; 4 days ago at 01:57 AM..
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #3502
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
the only thing he got right is that there is (or would be) an Element 115. Predicting the eventual synthesis of element 115 is like predicting the eventual development of Windows 14. Or the eventual development of the 2025 Mazda Miata. There's no such thing as Windows 14 now, but how much of a stretch would it be to predict that one day there will be? The fact that they got everything else about the element WRONG - its properties, its usefulness, etc is just par for the UFOlogist course.
Windows 14 you say?! Tell me, how do I subscribe to your psychic newsletter?
I need to go suit up in my armor to fight off these ET jellyfish you speak of.
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump