The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?
Old 2nd November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I hope Weinstein is on to something. There isn't much out there, and the lack of any critiques isn't a great sign. But that doesn't preclude him getting it right. What worries me most about him is his pedigree. Being involved with the Intellectual Dark Web (Joe Rogan's favorites) and Peter Thiel doesn't give me much hope he isn't much more than another ideologue. The math will have to speak for itself, but a hallmark of cranks is that they elevate their conclusions/ideology over the work and often refuse peer review. Unfortunately, like everyone else here I'm at the mercy of the consensus of experts and there doesn't seem to be many people discussing his ideas other than him. So we'll just have to give it some time and see where the research goes, but I'm not jumping in enthusiastically just yet.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deondamage View Post
Have you guys been following Eric Weinstein and the work he`s doing on Geometric Unity. It seems that he`s really pushing science into a new direction which would make faster than light travel possible.
Actually nobody is "following" Eric Weinstein because he has published no papers, presented no equations and the of the few testable hypotheses he suggested some have already been tested and failed. See, the way Science works, you have to put your ideas out there, show the math, publish a paper and give other scientists an opportunity to check your work and replicate your results.

You can't "push" science in ANY direction if you all you do is is make a bunch of claims on Joe Rogan and don't actually publish a theory.

He's just another philosopher posing as a physicist because nobody takes philosophers seriously any more. Proof that if you string a bunch of sciencey-sounding words together, people who know less about science than you
do will fall for it. Like that other fraud, Nassim what's-his-name.

I know what you are going to say: that the other scientists are "hating" on him because he is "challenging" their world-view. Well let's see the challenge, then! In science, what actually works always beats what people "believe". If he is correct, his math will blow away all objections. If he is correct his predictions will be confirmed by experiment and observation. But if he never puts out any math or makes any predictions, then you have to ask, why is that? Could it be that he has no math? That he is just pulling his ideas out of his ass? Did Newton have no math to back up his ideas? Did Einstein? Of course not.

From Scientific American

Quote:

A number of people have been privately asking me about the recent Guardian article (and accompanying Op-Ed by Oxford mathematician Marcus du Sautoy) gushing over a supposedly revolutionary new unified theory of physics by a man who officially left academia 20 years ago. Or, as I've taken to calling it, Eric Weinstein's Amazing New Theory That Solves Every Puzzling Conundrum in Theoretical Physics Only He Hasn't Written An Actual Paper Yet So Physicists Can't Check All Those Hard Mathematical Details But Trust Us, It's Gonna Be Awesome!

another "review" of these "Theories"
Not even wrong

It could be that Mr Weinstein is 100% correct in what he is saying, but if he never actually releases anything that other scientists could look at, then the human race will never know. Ever.

If that doesn't raise your suspicions, then you have a gullibility problem.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Going to have a look at the material he is purporting as a unified field theory, which I expect to be speculative, but in any case I do agree with the Geomathematical basis for comprehending the electromagnetically charged composite reality (cosmos) and it's inverse, that we are ever-presently experiencing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdW9XDBuxjU

Last edited by AfterViewer; 2nd November 2020 at 11:15 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Couldn't find anything definitive about above posted material explained in video interview. ON a more interesting/promising note : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVq7gBH70WE
and : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIHk_WUsk5A

Last edited by AfterViewer; 2nd November 2020 at 11:25 PM..
Old 4th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
Going to have a look at the material he is purporting as a unified field theory, which I expect to be speculative, but in any case I do agree with the Geomathematical basis for comprehending the electromagnetically charged composite reality (cosmos) and it's inverse, that we are ever-presently experiencing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdW9XDBuxjU
Do you mind defining electromagnetically charged composite reality? If you're going to drop terminology like this, you should be able to give a layman's interpretation, yes?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
I know what you are going to say: that the other scientists are "hating" on him because he is "challenging" their world-view.
From Scientific American
No not at all. I haven`t dived deep into his work at all. Only saw him on a few podcasts and am not sure what to make of him yet. I was hoping someone here knew a bit more about him and his work.

Thanks for the reply Joeg.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweekyboo View Post
Do you mind defining electromagnetically charged composite reality? If you're going to drop terminology like this, you should be able to give a layman's interpretation, yes?
lol the point of terminology like that is to sound scientific without actually having any meaning. Like literally ANY time Deepak Chopra uses the term Quantum.
There is no there there.
Old 5th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Conceptual terminology explained here:
SACRED GEOMETRY / Quantum Evolution
Old 6th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Old 6th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
Conceptual terminology explained here:
SACRED GEOMETRY / Quantum Evolution
So you can't actually explain anything, just a link to some other links.

I love that repository of peer reviewed papers at cropcircleconnector.com, thanks for that . Is ibizainspiracion.com connected to some of the more esteemed universities? Their citations are a bit lacking - perhaps you could explain this yourself? There are a lot of assertions there, but that is all.

Jargonblah I call it. I personally prefer this site, it is far more accurate than your links.

The Random Deepak Chopra Quote Generator
Old 8th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweekyboo View Post
Trump is going to investigate whether UFO's are real or not.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...eatens-aliens/

He's going to 'look into it', probably right after he releases his healthcare plan.
oh dang, looks like another 7 decades in the dark again
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
oh dang, looks like another 7 decades in the dark again

But what would he find if he "looked into it"? Just the same slippery clues, the same blurry photos, the same evidence that keeps receding as you approach it, like the end of a rainbow? The same Peekaboo behavior?

Either because there is nothing there; or because a perfect leak-proof conspiracy is covering everything up, keeping everyone in the dark.

Including the supposed "commander-in-chief".
Lives for gear

Quote:
the same evidence that keeps receding as you approach it, like the end of a rainbow?
Let's not be hasty. Ancient stories and depictions of Leprachauns and modern eye witness accounts suggest there may be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The government just doesn't want full Fey People Disclosure because they're manipulating us for... reasons.

For the true believers - yes, this is the way we see the same claims...
Lives for gear

The US government acknowledged the leaked footage of aircraft pilots engaging with 'unidentified aerial phenomena' is genuine in April this year.

And they aren't the first nation to release such footage, remember Mexico doing the same in fairly recent times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52457805
Old 9th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 6th Beatle View Post
The US government acknowledged the leaked footage of aircraft pilots engaging with 'unidentified aerial phenomena' is genuine in April this year.
Further back in the thread (post #257) are some links to various military blogs talking about advanced radar an IR "spoofing" technologies that are all that is required to "explain" these "phenomena". Especially the "impossible" maneuvers. It's easy to do the "impossible" if you are just projecting an image.

The kitten and the laser pointer again.
From that blog:
Quote:
the CIA launched an audacious program to develop technology that could electronically generate and interject false targets into the Soviet radars, to trick them β€œseeing” and tracking non-existent β€œghost aircraft.” The project’s codename was PALLADIUM.

β€œUsing an electronics-laden C-97 [EC-97G], we could make Soviet radars believe they were tracking any number of aerial objects,” mused Barnes. β€œAt one point, a Russian MiG-15 pilot even claimed he could see the target and had a lock on it.”
This was in the 1960's. Imagine how far advanced such technology might be today.

Also people who read the entire transcripts of the Nimitz encounters (and not just the parts quoted by the UFO conspiracy sites) will learn that the pilots are often saying rather ordinary things like: "it's a drone".

While the actual footage is genuine, remember, it is footage of the plane's display screen. Not footage of say, looking out the window at the supposed "craft". The idea that the such footage proves extra-terrestrial visitation is quite naive, considering the vested interest that the US military has in keeping our adversaries guessing about our capabilities. And it's not like the people developing dark projects are under any obligation to even keep "regular" naval pilots in the loop. After all if you told them it was coming, it wouldn't be very valuable as a test, now would it?

IMO, the "harder" the sighting, the more likely it is to turn out to be advanced military stuff. I am old enough to remember when there were all kinds of sightings of "triangular" UFOs. A few years later, we got our first Official peek at the F 117.

Quote:
Those analyses fall into two camps: The Triangles are human-made, while the other says they are not.

.... it is extremely difficult to distinguish between these two possibilities since the former option overlaps heavily with legitimate national security concerns, while in the absence of much more physical evidence, the latter option is not testable,"...
Old 9th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Sure, UAPs are real, and pilots do encounter them and sometimes have no concrete explanations. That's never been disputed. The leap to ETs while there are still many unknown unknowns is what is at the heart of the issue on this thread (and the internet).

It's the old "when you hear hooves expect horses not zebras." We can find an explanation for 99% of the experiences, we should not assume a 100% success rate, ever, and that 1% likely has a mundane explanation we just don't have enough data to get to the bottom of.

BUT, this is a problem humans seem to have with everything, not just UAPs. I think it's telling the military has renamed UFOs because it immediately conjures visions of flying saucers. It does a disservice to link an unidentified phenomenon (not even aircraft) to something so concrete. Scientists who work at observatories regularly get calls about objects in the sky, and even beyond planets (yes we can see them brighter than stars at times) they get calls about THE MOON. Now, people can get freaked out by the moon, should we trust random claims?
Old 11th November 2020
Lives for gear

What do you guys make of Bob Lazar. I saw an interview with him in my early 20`s and was convinced that he was telling the truth. As I got older and a bit wiser, I called BS. After watching the latest documentary of him on Netflix, it made me wonder again, but his interview with Joe Rogan got a bit dodgy at times, so I`m not sure about this guy. Could there be a reasonable explanation why he knew about element 115 back in the 80`s? Maybe it was already "unofficially" synthesized back then and he knew about it?
Old 11th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
What do you guys make of Bob Lazar. I saw an interview with him in my early 20`s and was convinced that he was telling the truth. As I got older and a bit wiser, I called BS. After watching the latest documentary of him on Netflix, it made me wonder again, but his interview with Joe Rogan got a bit dodgy at times, so I`m not sure about this guy. Could there be a reasonable explanation why he knew about element 115 back in the 80`s? Maybe it was already "unofficially" synthesized back then and he knew about it?
Quote:
Lazar's story has since been analyzed and rejected by skeptics and some ufologists. Universities from which he claims to hold degrees show no record of him, and supposed former workplaces have disavowed him. In 1990, he was convicted for his involvement in a prostitution ring and again in 2006 for selling illegal chemicals.
Neptunium - the first transuranium element (#93 ) was first synthesized in 1940, though it was already known that such elements are capable of existing. Since that time, they found #93 and #94 and so on. So some UFO hoaxter pulls a number out his ass and says #115 and some decades later someone does manage to synthesize it. So what?

They are up to Element 118 now! I could sit here and concoct a wild story about "Element 122". Nobody knows what it is, but in another 10 or 20 years, someone will no doubt synthesize it in a lab. Does that mean I have special knowledge?

No it just means I that in my lifetime I have seen it go from 98 all the way to 118. How much inside info do I need to make a claim about the existence of "#122" ?? How much of a reach is that since literally every single slot so far has been "filled"? Sooner or later some lab will synthesize a few atoms worth and they will get to name it.

It's not exactly right to say people are "discovering" these elements. Everybody knows they must exist, or can exist. The people doing this work are credited with being the ones to first synthesize the element. To actually make some, even if it is just a few atoms worth. It has been a steady march expanding the periodic table.

So merely predicting the existence of a higher numbered element is kind of a no-brainer.

Now if Lazar's description of the qualities of Element 115 turned to be correct, some magic metal that you could build spaceships or even frying pans out of it, then maybe he would have something. But he was just throwing out a number: "115" anybody can do that.

Sadly for Lazar, Muscovium (as #115 is now called) is so unstable that the element decays in less than a second and cannot be utilized for anything. At least with Plutonium you can make a bomb. And with Americium you can make a smoke detector. His description of what the element is "like" turns out to be completely wrong.

They can make it, but it lasts less than a second. So in actuality the eventual synthesis of this element does not "confirm" his claim. It debunks it.

Last edited by joeq; 12th November 2020 at 01:11 AM..
Old 11th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Thinking about alien coverups is like watching all of these grand conspiracy theories unfold about alleged voter fraud. Life isn't a movie and everyone acts like we're in the second half of Act 2 of a feature film. Life is boring and predictable, and when it isn't it's catastrophic. The sheer number of people it takes to pull this off is insane. If it's more than a handful someone is talking. They already have fraud allegations being recanted.

Life is boring and predictable. I'm sorry, but it's true. People have known this for ages - May you live in interesting times.
Old 12th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Neptunium - the first transuranium element (#93 ) was first synthesized in 1940, though it was already known that such elements are capable of existing. Since that time, they found #93 and #94 and so on. So some UFO hoaxter pulls a number out his ass and says #115 and some decades later someone does manage to synthesize it. So what?

They are up to Element 118 now! I could sit here and concoct a wild story about "Element 122". Nobody knows what it is, but in another 10 or 20 years, someone will no doubt synthesize it in a lab. Does that mean I have special knowledge?

No it just means I that in my lifetime I have seen it go from 98 all the way to 118. How much inside info do I need to make a claim about the existence of "#122" ?? How much of a reach is that since literally every single slot so far has been "filled"? Sooner or later some lab will synthesize a few atoms worth and they will get to name it.

It's not exactly right to say people are "discovering" these elements. Everybody knows they must exist, or can exist. The people doing this work are credited with being the ones to first synthesize the element. To actually make some, even if it is just a few atoms worth. It has been a steady march expanding the periodic table.

So merely predicting the existence of a higher numbered element is kind of a no-brainer.

Now if Lazar's description of the qualities of Element 115 turned to be correct, some magic metal that you could build spaceships or even frying pans out of it, then maybe he would have something. But he was just throwing out a number: "115" anybody can do that.

Sadly for Lazar, Muscovium (as #115 is now called) is so unstable that the element decays in less than a second and cannot be utilized for anything. At least with Plutonium you can make a bomb. And with Americium you can make a smoke detector. His description of what the element is "like" turns out to be completely wrong.

They can make it, but it lasts less than a second. So in actuality the eventual synthesis of this element does not "confirm" his claim. It debunks it.
Ah, so that`s how it works!? The number is just an assigned number which has nothing to do with the composition of the element. Thanks for clearing that up. I am 100% convinced now that Bob, the pimp, Lazar is full of sht.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ah, so that`s how it works!? The number is just an assigned number which has nothing to do with the composition of the element. Thanks for clearing that up. I am 100% convinced now that Bob, the pimp, Lazar is full of sht.
No, it's not "assigned" - it is even "worse" - from the Validating Bob Lazar point of view.

The atomic number is the number of protons in the nucleus of the atom. The atomic number uniquely identifies each chemical element. and determines its chemical properties. So if you can jam another proton into an atom's nucleus, you have made the 'next element'.

Or at least one atom of it. So far it seems there is always room for one more proton. So Hydrogen has 1 proton and its atomic number is 1. It wasn't the "first" element to be discovered. It is #1 because it is the element with a single proton. Carbon has 6. Uranium has 92 protons and Plutonium has 94 and Moscovium has (ta-da!) 115. Oganesson, number 118, has a half life of less than a millisecond for its most stable isotope. They can make it, but it doesn't stick around for very long!

I just don't get why people seem to be "impressed" with the Element 115 story.

Suppose it is 2009 and I said:

"well over at Area 51, we are using Windows 10"

And everybody in 2009 says, that's ridiculous there no such thing as Windows 10! But by 2009, they were "up to" Windows 7, right? How much of an "insider" do you have to be, to see where it is going?

So fast-forward to 2014 and now there is a Windows 10! Amazing! Prophetic! Who could have ever predicted it? Wow, I guess that proves that everything else that Joe said about Area 51 must also be True!

But sadly, the reality of element 115 does not match up at all with Lazar's description of it. So the fact that hard science has 'caught up' to one tiny facet of his long involved story actually serves to discredit his story, not validate it. He was better off before those Russians made 115, when it was still an Unknown, because he could still pretend it was a useful metal for making spaceships out of.
Lives for gear

Quote:

I just don't get why people seem to be "impressed" with the Element 115 story.
Well if you have no idea that new elements are made simply by adding more protons to an atom (obviously more complicated than it sounds) and that the number corelates to the number of protons, then it sounds like something significant. Most people are clueless about this subject. If any of those UFO documentaries explained this process, I think rational people would`ve known that it was a scam by Bob Lazar. But of course, that would`nt have sold the show.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Well if you have no idea that new elements are made simply by adding more protons to an atom (obviously more complicated than it sounds) and that the number corelates to the number of protons, then it sounds like something significant.
Exactly. The original claim about an as yet unknown element could be considered "plausible" because maybe there are aliens and maybe they have developed exotic materials made from elements with very large nuclei.

But when I took a look around, I found a number of people - admittedly mostly bloggers and so on - who were "reconsidering" Lazar simply because element 115 turned out to "exist".

Which to me is nuts, because, so far, every element has turned out to "exist". Even if it only for a fraction of a second.
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...rnd/index.html

Why anyone would think this to be the work of aliens, especially as you can see where the rivets have been sanded, is beyond me.
Attached Thumbnails
Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-6e1eabf6-7bcf-4745-ad8c-f4f43d124be7.jpeg  
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignorantape View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...rnd/index.html

Why anyone would think this to be the work of aliens, especially as you can see where the rivets have been sanded, is beyond me.
What, aliens don't sand their rivets?

I saw this story today. Did not see an image big enough to see the rivets. What I though was funny was the uniforms that the helicopter guys were wearing reminded me of the soldiers in Forbidden Planet.

Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-night32_forbidden_planet2.jpg

Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-uniform.jpg

In this image, they look almost like little action figures climbing on an 8 inch Monolith.

Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-screen-shot-2020-11-24-6.46.16-pm.png
Attached Thumbnails
Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-night32_forbidden_planet2.jpg   Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-screen-shot-2020-11-24-6.46.16-pm.png   Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-uniform.jpg  
Lives for gear

A 2001 / Forbidden Planet mashup!
Lives for gear
I know...and look at this one:

Am I supposed to believe the guy found this, only took one picture, and then didn't drag it back to his car to become famous?

But it is a nice sculpture.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post

Am I supposed to believe the guy found this, only took one picture, and then didn't drag it back to his car to become famous?

But it is a nice sculpture.
Looks like a succulent of some sort.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post

How famous?

If I am going to stick that smelly thing in my car and drive to the museum with it, it had better be Pretty Damn Famous.

Maybe he went to the store to buy some trash bags, and when he got back, dogs had already carted it off.

It's interesting to me that cryptozoology and UFOlogy are so closely linked that they regularly appear more or less together in these discussions. Aliens! Bigfoot! What is the connection, really? Shouldn't they be completely separate issues?

Is it the "we don't know everything" argument? The idea that because something can't be proven to NOT exist, then it might still exist? So if we find the Loch Ness monster, that also proves that the government is reverse-engineering flying saucers at Area 51?

The real connection to me is the "peekaboo" connection. Both situations involve this rather preposterous level of "teasing" and no hard evidence. They both leave a trail of breadcrumbs that continually gets weaker and weaker as you follow it, instead of stronger and stronger.

Aliens come here and let themselves be "seen" all the time, they flash their lights in the sky, but always "hide" when we seek hard evidence or proof. Bigfoots allow themselves to be seen "crossing the road" all the time, but no one has ever found the bones of one.

No alien has even landed at the UN, walked down his ramp, and said "here we are". No Bigfoot has ever been hit by a truck and needed to be scooped up by the Highway Department.
Old 29th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
And it's gone....

Sorry, wrong planet, we made a mistake
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear