The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?
Old 11th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Have we really found an alien protein inside a meteorite?

Probably not, but maybe.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz6GL3PSjob

Quote:
A team of researchers claim to have found a protein inside a meteorite. It would be the first protein ever discovered from beyond Earth, though not an indication of alien life – and other scientists are sceptical the analysis really found anything at all.
Old 27th March 2020
Twinkle, twinkle, little star; how I wonder what you are....

Exclusive pics, published first on Gearslutz; taken by myself last night, looking west towards Capella.
Attached Thumbnails
Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-capella-plus-1.png   Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-capella-plus-2.png   Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-capella-plus-3.jpg   Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-capella-plus-4.png   Call me crazy but is UFO disclosure near? What Role will music play if true?-capella-plus-5.png  

Last edited by Arthur Stone; 27th March 2020 at 06:16 PM..
Old 27th March 2020
Gear Maniac

Nice pics! Are you finding the skies less polluted now and able to get better pictures?
Old 27th March 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanzer View Post
Nice pics! Are you finding the skies less polluted now and able to get better pictures?
The skies around Los Angeles have been amazingly clear. Still light pollution at night. It would be nice in these times if we could coordinate the city to turn off all their lights for an hour while everyone is stuck at home, see what can be seen.
Old 27th March 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanzer View Post
I hadn't thought about that but - yes. Less aeroplane condensation trails and traffic pollution. The photo is looking out over remote South Wales and Ireland into the Atlantic Ocean so there is less light pollution that direction (west and south-west).

That object in the first photo must have been a fair way out or up because the sun had set further west around 6:30pm and the photo was taken at 11:50pm.
Old 23rd June 2020
Gear Maniac

Did Covid 19 kill this thread?
Old 23rd June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweekyboo View Post
Did Covid 19 kill this thread?
It was an alien dispersed space flu that killed it... duh.

But in all seriousness, since disclosure is always just around the corner, when is it going to happen... exactly?
Old 23rd June 2020
Where’s the thread starter
Old 23rd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Old 26th June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Is the thread starter the person who starts the thread? This confuses me as they appear 3 posts down, not at the very beginning.
Old 26th June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignorantape View Post
Is the thread starter the person who starts the thread? This confuses me as they appear 3 posts down, not at the very beginning.
Yes. Additionally the thread starter’s username is now highlighted in green. Every time they add new posts to their thread, the green highlight continues to be applied.
Old 3rd July 2020
Holy word salad, Batman!
Old 3rd July 2020
Lives for gear

Folks, we have among us the next W.S. Burroughs.
Old 4 weeks ago
awww man I missed the troll rage.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
Holy word salad, Batman!
Robin here is an expert on diplomacy, sincerely.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

three . . . two . . . . one . . . .
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
three . . . two . . . . one . . . .
To what are you counting down?
Old 4 weeks ago
Well - I'd let him know, but he wouldn't be able to come back to the thread to see it...!
Old 4 weeks ago
When you cannot argue on facts, it's best to insult personality.
I'd be the biggest "aliens among us" believer in a second, if there were actual evidence and not just rampant speculation, or god of the gaps arguments. I'm like Fox Mulder, I want to believe! If we can satisfactorily debunk 99% of UFOs as natural phenomena or satellites, etc., it seems illogical to jump to the remaining 1% as being ET. We can't tease out every situation and get a definitive answer. And sure, there are plenty of classified aircraft zipping around, but alien tech? I'd sure love to see it. I believe there has to be other life out there, probably even intelligent, possibly maybe space faring. But to travel to us and be so secretive and yet so fundamentally sloppy? If ET is watching us and they have the power to travel those distances and mask themselves so completely we still haven't seen actual evidence of it, only suggestive and unexplained phenomena, then we haven't actually seen them and they're laughing at the video of Michio Kaku extolling video of a plastic bag as an alien spaceship... FML
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
If we can satisfactorily debunk 99% of UFOs as natural phenomena or satellites, etc., it seems illogical to jump to the remaining 1% as being ET. We can't tease out every situation and get a definitive answer.
exactly
The burden of proof is on the ones making the extraordinary claims. Where do they get this idea that we "ought" to be able to debunk 100% of the cases? Where do they get the idea that if it's only 99%, that the remaining 1% "belongs" to them?

Quote:
And sure, there are plenty of classified aircraft zipping around, but alien tech?
every decade or so, the Aliens redesign their spaceships. To resemble classified aircraft that the public will find out about in roughly ten years.

Quote:
But to travel to us and be so secretive and yet so fundamentally sloppy?
this is the crux of my issue with all "ufology". The idea of aliens so stupid and sloppy that we can keep on catching them is as ridiculous as the idea of aliens playing peek-a-boo.

Flashing at us with bright shiny colored lights. Allowing photos, but only blurry photos to be taken. Cutting designs in our wheat field, mutilating our cattle. Impregnating schizophrenic women. Activating our nuclear weapons. Deactivating our nuclear weapons.

The galactic equivalent of leaving flaming bags of dog poo on the stoop.

Quote:
If ET is watching us and they have the power to travel those distances and mask themselves so completely we still haven't seen actual evidence of it, only suggestive and unexplained phenomena, then we haven't actually seen them.
When we finally do encounter aliens, my bet is that they will be totally uninterested in us and that they will take absolutely no pains to hide themselves. I walk in my back yard and don't worry if the ants living there "see" me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Man. You guys take all the fun out of everything. I hope you're happy with yourselves. No, I take that back. I hope you get abducted and probed like my Uncle Jerry was. Let's see you get all smarty pants then.
Old 4 weeks ago
I'm not always very happy with myself, but that has nothing to do with sucking the joy out of others' delusions. That's one of the few things that does make me happy.

I love the speculation aspect of these discussions, I also like the real science and critical thinking aspects, which is why I always show up for it. There is a real price in the real world to paid for lack of critical thinking and conspiracy mongering, and while it's all on a spectrum, there's also a critical mass that erodes society, and well, we made it there. This thread doesn't have a ton of bearing on the slide away from democracy in the US, but it's all part of the stew.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

"Aliens will do what they do" ~ Pelozo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmt9YoTivxM

Last edited by AfterViewer; 3 weeks ago at 10:06 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
There's something odd in a virus, must be aliens!

The leaps they make, make me...

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No More Laughing, Soldier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E85-tQ2lO_I
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

PATROL YOUR MINDS :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnm3KY05NaI
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
I too like fantasy cartoons!
It's a pretty unbelievable story though, they ought to consult better screenwriters. Alien ships who travel the stars and can resist bombs, but can't properly kill a soldier? The best they have to offer is giving them dysentery two days later? So much for lightsabers and phasers! Weak.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
Blobsquatch!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear