The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
KevinC`s second anual football thread ! Yer all going down again !
Old 8th September 2005
Lives for gear

KevinC`s second anual football thread ! Yer all going down again !

It`s that time of the year again.

Bold prediction number #1 : Patriots will indeed be the first NFL team to 3 peat !

That`s despite losing our offensive AND defensive coordinator AND key defensive players.

Bold prediction number #2 : Corey Dillon will lead the league in rushing !

Less sure of that one but I thought I`d throw it out there for the heck of it.

We`ll start tonight by bullying the crap out of Randy Moss and the poor Raiders. (less bold prediction) (you out there J.P. ? )
Old 9th September 2005
Gear Addict

Yer Nuts it's gonna be the SEAHAWKS!!!!

Oh wait I hear the doctor coming it's time for my meds aand shock treatment.

I do believe... I do believe ....I do believe.........................YEEEEEOOOOOUCH my hair is burning!!
Old 9th September 2005
Lives for gear

Heh.

The Seahawks actually look pretty good this year. If they can build off last years success and get even better who knows.

Shuan Alexander`s a pretty dangerous guy any way you slice it. They just need somebody else to step up to the plate and lighten the load off him a bit. Only so much you can do by yourself and from what I saw from over here they seemed to be running like half the plays through him. A couple good decoys would REALLY spring him loose.

The Pat`s scared me a bit last night. I wasn`t sure how all the changes were going to effect them and the Raiders just seemed to explode on them in the first quarter. Jordan was really impressive in his first start and Moss obviously hasn`t lost a step. They`ve got some real weapons now. They`re going to be a much better team than last year I`m sure.

I still love how the press seems to call every game we win an "imperfect" or "sloppy" victory. They just don`t get it. We were ALLWAYS sloppy but we just manage to keep it close enough to make a big play and grab the win at the end.

I bet they`ll say that about at least 8 of our wins this year.
Old 9th September 2005

nahh.. it'll be man u..or charlton...
Old 9th September 2005
Lives for gear

You're confused, tools.... but here's hoping that the guys who own Man U can actually field a decent real football team this year ..
Attached Thumbnails
KevinC`s second anual football thread ! Yer all going down again !-bucslogo.gif  
Old 9th September 2005

Old 9th September 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolskid
nahh.. it'll be man u..or charlton...

ARSENAL !!!
Old 9th September 2005
Don
Gear Maniac

GO PATS!! They looked a little bad against the run and the run for them was a bit weak..But its the Patriots and they change from week to week...Football is back
Old 11th September 2005
Lives for gear

You guys have any predictions for this week ?

I`m hoping Baltimore can beat Indy and Atlanta beats the Eagles. Don`t think it`ll happen though.

Kansas city and the Jets should be a fun game as well.

(Mostly bumping thread to compete with Bears fans thread because everyone knows the Bears are lame. )
Old 12th September 2005
Gear Maniac

The Steelers are gonna do it this year!

So who is into Fantasy Football?
Old 12th September 2005
Lives for gear

The Steelers scared the heck out of me last year.

They were the only team to completely dominate us during the regular season and than we had to face them in the playoffs !

Luckily we scraped by but they`re a contender this year for sure.

We`ll see what happens in week 3 when we play in Pittsburgh. It`s on !!! heh

I was pretty impressed with Dallas beating the Chargers.

They`re pretty well stocked as far as recievers go.

I didn`t know they had Keyshawn down there with Glenn and with that Crayton guy kicking butt as well they`re going to be very dangerous. I dare say old Bledsoes got a few years left in him for sure. Parcells made some great changes.
Old 12th September 2005
Gear Maniac

Go Colts too! I love them, this is great. I need to hustle in my Fantasy League. Hopefully Vanderjagt, E. James, and the Colts D can get it done for me!!
Old 12th September 2005
Lives for gear

Hey, the baseball season is going strong. I can't even think about football
until November.
Old 12th September 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Cibley
Hey, the baseball season is going strong. I can't even think about football
until November.
I like baseball but I`ve resisted getting into it over the years. The summer is sports break time for me (except the tour) so I can get something done between Football and Basketball season.

I typically jump on the bandwagon during the playoffs though. This is Red Sox town so most of my friends are down at the pub every single night in October agonizing over every pitch. I swear for some of them it was like giving birth when we finally beat the Yankees.

I try to make it down a couple times a week but all the drinking tires me out. Also my Birthdays in the middle of Oct and any fun we`re going to have is directly based on the outcome of the game that day.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search