The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iStandard Producers - Anyone use this service?
Old 12th July 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
you are ALWAYS competing against the hottest producers in the industry, NOT just the hottest producers on PMP, iStandard, etc...
knowledge
Old 12th July 2009
I got approached by an A&R from Atlantic Records a couple of days ago, and it was through myspace... So it's a pretty good outlet. Now let's see what the.. urgh contract is this time

Oh btw, my song Runway Model got forwarded to a publisher through TAXI: record deals, publishing deal, film TV placement, recording your music, songwriting, hopefully it'll get published easily.

Here's what the reviewer said:

The overall production value here for this song is very strong. The sounds, mixing, instrumentation all very notable quality. Easy song to get into. A good blend of styles that puts it on par with the artists mentioned (Akon, Flo Rida, T-Pain) in the listing. A very r&b inspired song that delivers in a fresh electronic feel that matches some of the current hip hop production styles.

Chris,

This is a very strong song. I enjoyed it and felt like it could work well for FIlm and TV placements. The production style really lends itself as very radio friendly, mainstream and pop/r&b/Eltronic hip hop blend. I am forwarding this song based on the overall strength. Very strong production, professional sound and strong performance are well delivered.

By the way, I Really want to thank Fabian for those Rcomp and Rdeesser patches (on SOS), because it made a hell of a difference, oh and thanks for sending me a message about Bartender too!
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondtana View Post
knowledge
I second that
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lewis View Post
Not sure how much more clearly i can say it. I have witnessed, first hand, unknown producers getting major placements specifically thru iStandardproducers.com this is not second hand information.

I have witnessed, first hand, producers who have won beat battles going on to establish very successful production careers. I dont know how much "winning the beat battle" had to do with helping establish them, but it certainly didnt hurt And if you dont see the value in getting up there and going head to head with 9 other unknown producers, as well as getting critiqued and getting advise by industry notables, then its really not for you.

None of these sites should be your only avenue you pursue. But to say its not an avenue that CAN help you is ridiculous. I've personally talked to at least a few major A&R's that use the site who told me DIRECTLY they use the site. If they dont pick your beat, there could be 1,000 reasons. your not good enough yet? your style doesnt match the style of the project? they are having a bad day? you sent 5 beats that kinda matched the project instead of only your one straight fire beat that perfectly suited the project. I mean there's a saturation point. if your sending in 5 or 10 or 20 beats for an opportunity instead of ONLY what targets absolutely best, you are contributing to the white noise, the mental fatigue, ear fatigue of the guys who are looking having to sort thru ten times more than they should have to. People are human, even artists, managers, and A&R people. So how you use these sites is just as important as who is listening on the other end.
Damn.....Ken is dropping more jewels than a clumsy robber......keep it up
Old 12th July 2009
Gear Addict

Thanks Ken, that's exactly how I feel about iSP.
I've been a member since April. Submitted to some placement opps, nothing has happened but I know deep down that my ish is not ready for prime time yet. So I keep grinding and grinding ... I need to work on my profile as well
Check me out: www.istandardproducers.com/raggafury
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Anyone associated with iStandard?I'm far away from NY and USA at all, I'm located in East Europe, my manager from NY applied for the next showcase on 15th July, can I send him on the showcase instead of me to represent my productions?
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteup3 View Post
Thanks Ken, that's exactly how I feel about iSP.
I've been a member since April. Submitted to some placement opps, nothing has happened but I know deep down that my ish is not ready for prime time yet. So I keep grinding and grinding ... I need to work on my profile as well
Check me out: www.istandardproducers.com/raggafury
The music is there...just build a bigger presence. Lets say insted of trying to get a beat to T.I. get one to an artist he just signed who would be more inclined to take like 3-4 tracks from you..........Make THEM come to YOU.
Old 12th July 2009
Gear Maniac

Can everybody on here who is on iStandard give me the address for your producer profile....I'll check out and leave feedback on everyone's tracks if you all would be kind enough to do the same. My address is below:
Old 13th July 2009
Cant speak for everyone else, but some one posted a very good idea for a site like PMP and Isandard.

They should show the contacts and placements of thos who are on the site. Meaning if "DJ Scratch Twice" is in fact contacted by an official A&R and places a record then it should be officialy noted.

Major Universities do this when some one becomes a major film director or CEO. Its all over there "selling material" HE went to Harvard. He went to USC, He went to Yale or UCLA. ....................

It would help the credibility of the site altogether.

I think the charging fee is fine. I do think that Ive heard a concentration of good material on PMP rather than myspace shooting in the dark. The reason is simple. People putting their money where there mouth is. Either the producer is selling tracks already locally and can afford to spend the membership fee or he thinks he is just that hot, and in that case he very well may be. Those with doubts or wack music are slower to commit their money in my opinion.

Last. I have recently worked with a PMP producer and that is how we hooked up. A freind had been working with him but I couldnt hear any of the material since nothing was released. I went to his PMP page and was impressed. Since then weve been going at it. Im not SONY or Priority, but I do pay him a fair amount for his tracks, even though we are a local operation. He first off all struck me with his pristine audio quality, not as much the tracks them selves but the mixes were full and detailed, very lush and that caught my ear.
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrious View Post
Can everybody on here who is on iStandard give me the address for your producer profile....I'll check out and leave feedback on everyone's tracks if you all would be kind enough to do the same. My address is below:
I stopped by your page and sent a comment, my adress is below
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drethe5th View Post
Cant speak for everyone else, but some one posted a very good idea for a site like PMP and Isandard.

They should show the contacts and placements of thos who are on the site. Meaning if "DJ Scratch Twice" is in fact contacted by an official A&R and places a record then it should be officialy noted.

It would help the credibility of the site altogether
I've asked Conrad at PMP about this question, and he basically said [this is not a direct quote, i'm paraphrasing the essence of it...] he said "we know there have been many placements thru our site (and he quoted me several), but we often have no idea whats getting placed with who. We connect the producer to the A&R, Manager, artist, etc... and get out of the way. Any deals made are strictly between them and we dont get involved in that side of things"

I know Conrad works hard to bring opportunities to PMP just like Don works hard to bring opportunities to iStandard.

also, keep in mind guys, people in the industry like to keep their business to themselves. Personally, i dont want everybody knowing how i got what, who hooked me up with who, etc... and most established people feel the same way. If you try to publicize everybody's business its gonna scare all of the professionals that use the site right away from it.

Also, keep this in mind...... Do you honestly think for one second, that one of these sites could post a "placement opportunity" for an artist if it wasnt legitimately acquired? Think about it for a second. Personally, if someone attempted to use my name to promote their site without my permission they would be getting a call from my lawyer instantly, and I'm a pretty small fish, so imagine what i big fish would do.

But you know, why am i hyping these sites up. They dont work. you dont want to be on them. They are nothing. worthless. a lost cause. Dont even think about being a part of them. I really dont need any more competition than i already have, so just stay awayheh
Old 13th July 2009
Gear Addict

Thumbs up

You should not judge anything music industry related by "how many placements". It's all about connecting people and helping people build their networks. Relationships are the most valuable thing in the industry. I met Joell Ortiz's manager through PMP. I still haven't done anything with Joell, but I can holla at him if need be & I helped some other producers place tracks with him. It's all about the network. Your net work is your net worth!
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondtana View Post
You should not judge anything music industry related by "how many placements". It's all about connecting people and helping people build their networks. Relationships are the most valuable thing in the industry. I met Joell Ortiz's manager through PMP. I still haven't done anything with Joell, but I can holla at him if need be & I helped some other producers place tracks with him. It's all about the network. Your net work is your net worth!
hmmm really.....ok, i think ill join PMP and Istandard producers (Especially since i know they're both legit).......Nothing wrong with increasing my visibility.
Old 14th July 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthy08 View Post
The music is there...just build a bigger presence. Lets say insted of trying to get a beat to T.I. get one to an artist he just signed who would be more inclined to take like 3-4 tracks from you..........Make THEM come to YOU.
Thanks for the advice and for stopping by.
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Head

I was in the NYC Showcase in June. Here's my iSP site:

Overcast Radio / Chris Jones: home

This is the set I played:

http://www.circa70.org/downloads/pro...dmix03_192.mp3

I agree that when you are trying to make a name for yourself as a holistic music producer (not just beat-maker) you do everything you can to build your network, your team, and submit to everything suitable. You never know who's gonna feel your stuff and what may come up. All I can do is make music that people think is fresh. Period. Please stop by and check the links. And the membership for iSP is reasonable I think esp. if you do a Showcase. Going to (any networking) events and getting your pitch down is vital to the whole game.
Old 24th July 2009
Lives for gear

Chicago Battle August 11 & 12 - I'm Judging

So my friends at iStandardProducers.com have asked me to fly out to chicago to judge an iStandard Beat Battle on August 11th and August 12th. I'm really pumped for it. I've never been to Chicago in my life so i'm looking forward to seeing the city and meeting some of the producers and music people there. If your a GS'er and in the house either of those two nights, please come introduce yourself.

If the Chicago Battle shapes up to be anything like the Philly and NYC Battles i've seen, those Chicago guys better bring their A++ game, I'm betting the competition will be fierce.

-Ken Lewis

PS. anyone got any suggestions for "must see" or "must do" while i'm in chicago? Daytime stuff please as my nights are spoken for. Thanks!
Old 24th July 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
So my friends at iStandardProducers.com have asked me to fly out to chicago to judge an iStandard Beat Battle on August 11th and August 12th. I'm really pumped for it. I've never been to Chicago in my life so i'm looking forward to seeing the city and meeting some of the producers and music people there. If your a GS'er and in the house either of those two nights, please come introduce yourself.

If the Chicago Battle shapes up to be anything like the Philly and NYC Battles i've seen, those Chicago guys better bring their A++ game, I'm betting the competition will be fierce.

-Ken Lewis

PS. anyone got any suggestions for "must see" or "must do" while i'm in chicago? Daytime stuff please as my nights are spoken for. Thanks!
Hey Ken,

I lived in Chicago for many years and one spot that is always a good time during the day is Navy Pier. It's right on the lake and there's always something going on. Also, go to the viewing area of the Sears Tower. They installed these glass "boxes" that extend out from the building and it's a hell of a view when your in them. Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you're scared of heights though, forget about it!
Old 24th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSV View Post
Hey Ken,

I lived in Chicago for many years and one spot that is always a good time during the day is Navy Pier. It's right on the lake and there's always something going on. Also, go to the viewing area of the Sears Tower. They installed these glass "boxes" that extend out from the building and it's a hell of a view when your in them. Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you're scared of heights though, forget about it!
OH YES!!!! I just heard about those glass boxes, i am definitely there. I'll try to check out Navy Pier as well, sounds like i'd enjoy it. Thanks so much for the tips Mike! Much appreciated. -Ken Lewis
Old 25th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
OH YES!!!! I just heard about those glass boxes, i am definitely there. I'll try to check out Navy Pier as well, sounds like i'd enjoy it. Thanks so much for the tips Mike! Much appreciated. -Ken Lewis

I hope to make it there Ken.

Sarah J sends her best!
Old 27th July 2009
Lives for gear

I am on PMP for like 3 months now and I allready got it touch with A&Rs.

There are a thousand ways to spend your money foolish on the internet, but personally I don't think PMP is one of those! Really.
Old 3rd August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drethe5th View Post

They are doin something like that on the frontpage of PMP...
Old 4th August 2009
db2
Gear Head

Important question for istandard members...

I just joined the site and set up my tracks, but how do I give it a personal page name?

right now its like:

istandard.com.../members/384

and I want

istandard.com.../dbit

Any help is much appreciated!
Old 4th August 2009
db2
Gear Head

PS, does this work?

dbit: home

and then it refers you to the member/number page?
Old 8th August 2009
Here for the gear

Just accepted istandard invite...

I JUST got a e-mail today from istandard about the event and I for one think it's a great opportunity. I look at it as an investment into my music career. Just like you'd buy a MPC, Pro-Tools, etc to better your craft..you invest in promotion to get your name out there and be heard. I've been hearing alot of great things about this event and I can't let this opportunity pass me by. All those in the Chicago area PLEASE come out and support. I just moved to the Chi..so this makes it all the more exciting!

Kinetic
Old 9th August 2009
Lives for gear

My beats got approved for last NY showcase, but I didn't have 300 $ to send to a guy to represent me there to go play my beats...They asking for 300$ fee to enter the showcase if you are approved and give you like 20 tickets for the show
Old 9th August 2009
Here for the gear

Yea....we're not getting the tickets til the day of the first show. I go on Wednesday, but I have to get my hustle on and make that fee so that it's truly not out of my own pocket!

Kinetic
Old 26th March 2010
Lives for gear

Yo, I got into Sweet 16 on iStandardproducers online battle, check it out:

Old 16th April 2020
Here for the gear

IStandard Producers are a SCAM!!!

To whom it may concern,

My name is the Butchaboy aka Anthony Clark... Producer/Rapper/Cgi/mix and mastering engineering/and video editing. I have been dealing with my music endeavor for 25-30 years. I ran into contact with the scam artists IStandard Producers on Instagram at first and was totally disrespected. I had no idea who these guys were and you would think I would know them since my years and experience dealing with music studios and clubs in the Philadelphia area. So I was curious, I sent these guys two scrap tracks I felt we’re horrible to see what they say. Oh, these guys poured it on thick saying my music got me to the top 30% like I would know that. Then they gave me a weird New Jersey phone call which I was told not to call back... red flag number one( if you are a business you should call from a legitimate recognized business number... these guys call from a switch board they hack and phish from.) then the email said give them 100$ PayPal and 200$ at the door and I was like for what?!?!? To play my beats for who?!?! I wouldn’t do that for Jay Z. That was red flags number two and three because the money at the door would and can not be traced. It would have been a bad situation if they robbed me. I told them let me do a background check and they got mad af. Red flag again then I find all of this info about Don Napoli. I found bankruptcies AND New York evictions which was the nail in the coffin. I laughed at these guys begging people for money you should see the emails they sent me with total disrespect and they called threatening to kill me which I sent a message to everyone I know in Philadelphia... you see these guys shut them down. I felt bad and tried to send a hundred dollar donation for doing a background to see if these guys are legitimate but they are not. They are not getting you placed they are robbing young producers blind. They don’t rap, they don’t make beats so who is placing these guys?!??? I have been in music before these thieves were born and let me tell you NO LEGITIMATE COMPANY WILL CHARGE YOU ANYTHING TO GET PUT ON OR PLACED(I don’t even know what placed means it’s so far fetched and bizarre) I sell beats all over the world for 1500$ per track with credit and I hire rappers to rhyme with me over my tracks with no strings attached. Now IStandard is trying to do what I do but first homies you got to make money. You said your company is worth 4.2 million????hold up??????with how many employees?!?!? Tried to rob me. I would have sent you the 300$ or 3000$ out of spite to see what you do when I come get it back. DO NOT MESS WITH ISTANDARD PRODUCERS OR ANY TYPE OF SERVICE THATS SAYS THEY WILL MAKE YOU FAMOUS THAT IS A SCAM. They can’t make themselves famous how are they going to put you on.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear