The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Eminem as a Producer
Old 26th May 2009
Lives for gear

bump since we are on a Eminem kick...

He does need to stick to rapping and not producing his own beats... His beats can be very "casio" at times...
Old 27th May 2009
Here for the gear

re: eminem as a producer

Theres a lot of good producers out there.
You just need the luck to make it big or whatever it takes, and its not that easy without alot of support.

Blue Dolphins Studios
Blue Dolphins Studios- Professional Recording (Audio and Video) | Facebook

Also theres alot of new hiphop artists who need repping.
http://www.jamglue.com/search?catego...ulio&commit=Go
Old 27th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop View Post
You can hear some of his stuff here if you stream the new anger management mixtape:

Download New Hip Hop Mixtapes & Rap Mixtapes > HipHopDX.com
you have a direct link?
Old 27th May 2009
Lives for gear

I heard somewhere (I think it was an interview with 50 Cent..) that he often builds his tracks up around the rap. I do that too sometimes.. It can be a cool way to work with it.
You can hear that he puts the rap first and that it is his nummer 1 priority. And I respect him for that.
Old 27th May 2009
Gear Addict

okay here is what i think. what is the most advice producers give new producers? "make ur own sound" so u do that, u have ur own sound and then people say "but u sound the same"... lol but u just said "make ur own sound"...? crazy man. timbaland alot of hes stuff sounds the same, neptunes alot of their stuff sounds the same. only guy who realy dont always sound the same is someone like jr rotem in my mind, he can do gansta beats and do pop songs and they dont sound alike. scott storch hes stuff sound the same... i think its more about being able to create any type of music that truely sets a producer apart from one another having a sound does not mean anything, its about the artist in the end not about the producer, public dont care they just want their chart hits and they happy, no matter if its produced by timbo or the guy with fl studio...
Old 27th May 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius View Post
bump since we are on a Eminem kick...

He does need to stick to rapping and not producing his own beats... His beats can be very "casio" at times...
quality takes time we all know that, maybe he wants to not always be raping i mean he is getting older not younger, u can produce until u very old cause ur behind the scenes...
Old 27th May 2009
Lives for gear

Well, eversince I first heard a "Eminem production" I thought dude did great for a rapper. I mean he's that trailerpark broke ass nobody who over night turned superstar, but still try's to expand his talent and skills by actually doing more than rhyming. We as "Gearslutz" probably had a fetish for machines and computers allready all the way before we got into music production.

All he had were some empty cans, that he could kick down the 8mile road till it got him bored...and some rhymes that he could share with his friends...so...

Big upp, Marshall
Old 28th May 2009
Gear Maniac

i like most of his beats
Old 31st August 2009
Here for the gear

I respect Eminem in all aspects. In the beginning he had to do it all. Now he choses to do it all!! He earned it.
Old 31st August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cheese View Post
Eminem has always been a joke to me... like why does he always make that face with the perky lips whenever in a photo?

I hate him for challenging my sexuality....

Just sayin......
Old 31st August 2009
Lives for gear

Dr. Dre's studio is somewhere behind that fence.........
Old 1st September 2009
Gear Nut

plus he has a butt-chin
Old 1st September 2009
Gear Addict

every great producer has made junk in their time...

timbo lots of it, stroch, jr, dre... should i go on? neptunes , darkchild.. u name it they all made some junk tracks. if u made it big as a rapper what else is there todo, maybe get into something else u like and that to em might be producing sure em aint the best but hes beter than alot of kiddies out there who claim to be hot and their beats are total junk. nobody is perfect, not even timbo and danja + justin timberlake combined could bring duran duran back, that project failed.
a good beat does not make a great track, its about everything the writing the artist doing it etc. lets check something say for instance mariah obsessed, beat seems good, but the track aint all that, or lets look in the past when rihanna had umbrella yet they wanted to try and get it to j blidge, u realy think mary j blidge would have made it into such a big hit? i dont... a good song is about the whole package in my mind. u got to have good writer, good artist, good producer, good engineer and the right vision , alot of money and luck to realy stand out from the crowd.
Old 1st September 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

I don't really care for it but, it's funny how people say it all sounds the same..if anything it is nice to hear something different because everything else sounds the same..same old 4 bar synth line with zero melody..just boring loops through everything
Old 1st September 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lospat123 View Post
every great producer has made junk in their time...

timbo lots of it, stroch, jr, dre... should i go on? neptunes , darkchild.. u name it they all made some junk tracks. if u made it big as a rapper what else is there todo, maybe get into something else u like and that to em might be producing sure em aint the best but hes beter than alot of kiddies out there who claim to be hot and their beats are total junk. nobody is perfect, not even timbo and danja + justin timberlake combined could bring duran duran back, that project failed.
a good beat does not make a great track, its about everything the writing the artist doing it etc. lets check something say for instance mariah obsessed, beat seems good, but the track aint all that, or lets look in the past when rihanna had umbrella yet they wanted to try and get it to j blidge, u realy think mary j blidge would have made it into such a big hit? i dont... a good song is about the whole package in my mind. u got to have good writer, good artist, good producer, good engineer and the right vision , alot of money and luck to realy stand out from the crowd.
+10000..I agree!!!
Old 1st September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wax808 View Post
Just sayin......
ROFL
Old 4th September 2009
Gear Head

I really like some of his beats. i agree some wouldn't sell if he was just an up and comnig producer
saying that once you hear him flow on his beats they then start to make sense. its like he leaves space for his flow to add something rhythmically to the track. Whens others rap on his beats it doesn't have the same effect

my fav em beats are
Renegade
Ricky Ticky toc
Warrior Remix (lloyd banks)
Don't push me (50 Cent)
Mocking Bird (drums are ill)

As a beat maker I like his drums too, they're unique and have a certain character to them that i like

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PMP Worldwide - The Future of Music Redefined
Old 6th September 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop View Post
I hear those style beats and tons of white kids rapping like Necro talking about killing people all the time in my studio.
haha... no offense to necro here... but that's gotta suck.

me being a rapper rather than a producer, i'd have to say i kind of liked some of eminem's beats.

lloyd banks, 50, eminem on that warriors remix was amazing... that beat that sounded like he threw a bicycle bell on it is classic to me. so many other rappers have made remixes to that. same with on fire and hands up, which i heard he produced as well, which are bank's biggest hits right? apart from that... straight up radio single beats.

he also made renegade with jay-z and eminem on it. which is a classic song all together, the beat was just right for that song. furthermore, he produced jay-z's moment of clarity (which is an amazing beat, i don't think any emcee out there could disagree).

and wasn't don't approach me by xzibit, one of xzibit's best songs after 1998?

i think it'd be impossible to find any emcee out there that thinks eminem is a bad producer... but from a producer's point of view... i guess you might... not sure how you guys define good beats. but i do admit, overall a lot of times his productions are fairly similar.
Old 6th September 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonrr View Post
its like he leaves space for his flow to add something rhythmically to the track. Whens others rap on his beats it doesn't have the same effect
sorry about the double post, or whatever you guys call it. just read this part, so you didn't think lloyd banks did on fire or hands up justice? or jay-z pulled a short one on renegade?

hmm...
Old 7th September 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaze View Post
sorry about the double post, or whatever you guys call it. just read this part, so you didn't think lloyd banks did on fire or hands up justice? or jay-z pulled a short one on renegade?

hmm...
I said when others rap on his beat it don't have the same effect. Not People sound whack on his beats!

On fire wasn't produced by Em, he did additional production (strings) (it doesn't sound like any of his own beats)
I loved jay on renegade! However Ems vereses sound that bit better in terms of fitting into the beat.
Old 8th September 2009
Gear Addict

His productions do not show much musicianship. I love his flow and lyrics as a rapper though. its Genius

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search