The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I got canned today!?
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Thumbs down I got canned today!?

I told a female client to make love to the condenser - I thought she would loose some of the stiff nerves and get a smoother performance but she went nuts and told my boss that I was hitting on her during session time.

No more analog sum on the neve / I'm heading back home to cubase and lm-7 drums. I feel sick!

Regards,
The One
Old 9th August 2005
autch..!! badending story..

but I have to remember this make love to the condensor

all the best for your next projects dude!
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks brother!
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

tough break.
hang in there man!

FM
Old 9th August 2005
What the hell is the world coming to when you can't tell someone to make love to an inanimate object...

Really - All this "PC" crap is way out of control. No Christmas trees - No Star of David - "African-American" - 10 commandments...

Now you can't even joke around with somebody without them yelling "Sexual harrasment! Sexual harrasment!"

This kind of crap has hit close to home recently also at a buddy of mine's workplace... No one lost their jobs, but all of a sudden, everyone's signed up for goofy classes and seminars - All stemming from someone (a third party!) overhearing a friendly discussion between two OTHER people and being offended by the discussion's "flirtatious nature" (which it wasn't - at all).

Jeebus (I'd say "Jesus" but I don't want to offend anyone) people... Let's get over this $hit. We're all going to turn into uncaring robots. I'M A FRIENDLY PERSON, DAMMIT!!!
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim light
I told a female client to make love to the condenser - I thought she would loose some of the stiff nerves and get a smoother performance but she went nuts and told my boss that I was hitting on her during session time.

No more analog sum on the neve / I'm heading back home to cubase and lm-7 drums. I feel sick!

Regards,
The One
was she hot looking at least ?

I think you should call her up, apologize.. and then invite her out. Tell her how sorry you are, and if you get to do her, at least you will be fired with some dignity : )
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Wow, what a bitch.

True story: a few months back a major label young hot female artist, fairly well known, came into our studio to do some quick demos.

Vocal chain: Neumann U47 long body chrome top -> Neve 1073 -> Urei 1176 -> Apogee -> Pro Tools

Does the first take and as we're getting ready for a second, she goes, "I love this mic! I want to shove it up my crack and take it home!"

Your female client will never get anywhere with an attitude like her's.
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
was she hot looking at least ?
I think you should call her up, apologize.. and then invite her out. Tell her how sorry you are, and if you get to do her, at least you will be fired with some dignity : )
I could try but it's hard to forget her lemon face.
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Did she look like this?
Attached Thumbnails
I got canned today!?-teri-hatcher.jpg  
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Almost but she looked more male!
Old 9th August 2005
jordan19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim light
I could try but it's hard to forget her lemon face.
Well it's just as well she didn't try to make love to it then, seeing as your condenser was probably out of her league anyway
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

That's very true Jordan!
Old 9th August 2005
500 series nutjob

sorry to hear that dim.
for me to be politicly correct i must be confined to the house.
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Nut

I think the Crown CM 700 would work best, but for actually singing into, I would prefer the KSM44 or AT4050.
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Looks like a pocket flash light!

regards,
Holm
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gear chick
I think the Crown CM 700 would work best, but for actually singing into, I would prefer the KSM44 or AT4050.
Thats it! YOU'RE FIRED! heh (for something a little more hardcore, you might want to check out the MM2000!) http://www.innertubeaudio.com/mm2000.html It sounds good too....

Being a big fan of Zappa, I've always beem partial to "It looks just like a Telefunken U47- You'll love it!"

BTW- Sorry to hear about that dim....some people just cant take a joke.
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks bud!
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Maniac

You should have told your boss to "make love to" themself before you left.

Best of luck to you.
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

well... .did you clean the icky stuff off the mic when she was done?'
Old 10th August 2005
Gear Guru

That sucks, man.

Someone should have pulled out an RE20 and told her to stick that up her...
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

Ha ha ha - that would have been awesome! thumbsup Thanks!
Old 10th August 2005
RCA 77A
Attached Thumbnails
I got canned today!?-316l.gif  
Old 10th August 2005
Mindreader

If your boss fired you for that then there's really no point being there.

I've had things like that happen and then we all have a good laugh about it afterwards, not simply get FIRED.

It's not society. It's just a couple of stupid people messing with your mind.

You're better off out of there.

If society really WAS like that, then I would have been fired about a million times over the last 15 years. And some of my co-workers would be behind bars.

Bev
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

as long as you weren't naked what's the BFD??
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks for the warm support boys and girl!
Old 10th August 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

A female friend of mine was working at a restaurant as a waitress. She had two women sitting in her section. She walked up to them and said "how are you lovely ladies doing tonight?" The women complained to my friend's manager that they thought she was trying to pick them up and make some kind of sexual advances on them. She was fired that night after her shift. Crazy thing is she is not even sitting on that side of the sexual fence. Truly unbelievable. So I say if your boss fired you for trying to lighten the mood and have a sense of humor, F**K him!
Old 10th August 2005
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevvyB
If your boss fired you for that then there's really no point being there.

I've had things like that happen and then we all have a good laugh about it afterwards, not simply get FIRED.

It's not society. It's just a couple of stupid people messing with your mind.

You're better off out of there.

If society really WAS like that, then I would have been fired about a million times over the last 15 years. And some of my co-workers would be behind bars.

Bev
i fear a large portion of society to be exactly so short minded.
fortunately most of the good people i see are not.
i remember, sometime in the 80's i believe, staff being called together so as to be educated, on the very topic, of political correctness, primarily in the presents of woman.
now i do not, necessarily think this was a bad thing, as their was a great dill of behavior that was so easily found to be offensive as well as inappropriate.
the movement that has been spawn since, think is a bit over the top.
i feel if a truck driver decides to try ballerina class, well then he may-not fit in with a foul mouth, it would be rightly so to expected him ( or her, to be plicately correct ) to clean-up their act.
a ballerina working as a truck driver, or in a ship yard, well, like i said they better clean it up, or down, depending on your prospective.
Old 10th August 2005
Gear Guru

Sorry Dim..your ex boss is a dick fuuck for not backing you up...
maybe he's getting a little side action with little miss horsie...know what I mean?
the **** people have to do to sum through a Neve.
i'm sure better things await you.
chin up...move on.
Old 10th August 2005
Gear Guru

if you're ex-boss didnt even ask you what you meant, or try to talk to her ... he's no one to work for.

pleasing the client has it's limits ... like when the client is acting insane and blaming you. this is pretty common, but it should never mean your job.

be happy it was this clear cut and not more messy later on with another situation.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search