The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mormons and DNA
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Mormons and DNA

This could be opening up a can of worms here, but as someone raised Mormon, I found this interesting:

http://www.harktheherald.com/modules...icle&sid=61332

Anyone else with a previous or current association with the church see this? I sold my soul to rock and roll a long time ago and I'm pretty much totally out of that world and feel ambivalent towards it, but I do find the church's, the members, and the ex-members responses to these kinds of things interesting.

-Kenny D
Old 5th August 2005
Lives for gear

Very interesting article. There is some interesting situation going on in the Mormon Church regarding past history and what happens to people who try and disprove it. When I have talked to most of my Moron friends they rarely question the validity of it and choose to toe the line. I personally don't think that is wise but I am not Mormon so I don't care. In history things are found every day that disprove what previous generations thought were absolute truths. Anyone remember back when the world was flat? Some people want to hide in the closet and some what to take the fight one on one. It really is just an offshoot of the same crap that goes on with the Darwin/Creation issue. People want to believe what they held as truths taught to them by the institution who they feel with give them eternal salvation. Really that is what all religion boils down to in some ways. "What do I have to do to get into heaven?"

What right does the Mormon church have in bothering this guy? None. We are all free to do and write what we want. It is to bad they didn't like what he was saying and that he had it based in scientific fact but they still have no right to bother him.

A very good friend of mine had his father put through the ringer and is one of the 7 mentioned in the article. It is just wrong and creates a bigger injustice towards that religion than almost anything else they could say or do.

Does anyone remember how the KGB used to solve the problems of detractors in the Soviet Union? Is there really any difference with this story? Its still censorship based on defending or covering up long held beliefs and history.

Religion is for the most part about control. It is up to the individual to decide how much control they want their religion to have over them. Don't fear God, just try being a good person and don't go around ******* with everyone else in the world.

If there is a heaven that seems, to me, a better place to start than trying to run some guy through the ringer.

Of course I am also living in a country that if it continues to go the way it is will have a national religion based on the really hateful and bigoted "Christian Coalition"

Just my .02 cent rant,
Michael (feeling like Dennis Miller) Greene

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search