The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
why does my girlfriend like 'charmed' and 'sex in the city'? (bad taste)
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

why does my girlfriend like 'charmed' and 'sex in the city'? (bad taste)

ugggggghhh.

i don't understand why someone who seems relativly intellegent have ZERO tase in art.

it baffles me beyond thought.

sex in the city, ugly betty, grays anatomy, charmed, the ghost whisperer,
ALL julia roberts movies.

ok, ok, ok, i have had a drink or two.... ive just finished a session with a bunch of no talent teenagers who want to sound like 'lamb of god' or whatever gereric metal band.......

but seriously, ONLY CRAP.

not 25% crap cause she's a girl and thats expected (no offense)

but seriously, no curiosity about learning anything.....no intrest in even SNL.

i mean i just turned her on to 'thirty rock' and 'the office'......seriously.

when i suggest those shows to her she was like " oh its not really my thing"

the office?
everyone like that show!
its not like im trying to turn her on to nerdcore or dungeons and dragons....

anyway.

im sure some on here has a complaint about their "other"

just thought i'd vent................
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

god forbid you put her onto Big Bang Theory (great show, by the way).

I know what you mean.

but I find it interesting how it's easier for women to get into what WE like...as opposed to how difficult it is for US to get into THEIR senseless, mind-numbing, artificial music/tv/chick flick/american idol garbage. lolol.

that stuff's a little easier on my senses when I'm impaired by alcohol.

my poor liver.
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

yes, because 30 rock, the office, and snl are the pinacle of the tv viewing experience.
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian! View Post
yes, because 30 rock, the office, and snl are the pinacle of the tv viewing experience.
i didn't say they were, it was implied that i wouldn't expect her to watch a PBS documentary on the pyramids.
or watch 'classic albums: the making of def leopards hysteria'

it was implied that as a guy and a girl together we should be able to find common ground.

is that clear enough for you?
-------

oh ya booze helps lol....

my poor poor liver lolololo
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper1400 View Post
it was implied that as a guy and a girl together we should be able to find common ground.
common ground but all i've read here is you trying to get her to watch stuff and you completely trashing anything she likes. did you ever think that maybe she doesn't want to watch anything you like because you aren't open minded to her stuff?
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

dude, either your gay,

(which is totally cool, did you see what i listed? have you ever sat through ugly betty or grays anatomy?)

or your just trying to pick a fight.

THIS IS THE MOAN ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST SAID I WAS VENTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow. it must be lonely picking fights with strangers online.
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

My day consist of reruns of.....
Charmed
Desperate Housewives
Tyra
Worlds Next Top Model

and I swear all of these freaking shows come on every night as well. Now my male room mate is addicted as well. I told her if I saw that stupid top model show again I would throw a sm57 through the flatscreen. I never watch the same show more than twice. Even if it involves blowing something up.
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

yes, someone has to be gay if they find something someone is whining about to be petty.
Old 10th March 2009
Gear Addict

Well, that's a little better than my Chinese wife trying to make me watch Chinese soap operas with no subtitles. Just imagine "Dallas" with a J.R. you can't understand, replete with an equally overwrought dynasty founded in an industry you can't understand, whose shifty employees are embroiled in a tangled web of subterfuge you can't understand, leading to a weekly climax of tear-wrenched dramatic explosions you can't understand.

I'd take "grey's anatomy" over that any day...because at least I'd be able to linguistically formulate a reason why I can't (under)stand it!

So I definitely feel you...another one of the mysteries of the opposite sex is why their version of visual art is our visual pain.
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

Tv is boring the only things i watch are the history,doscovery channel and the news and thats it.
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

Why do you like fiddlin' around with strange looking metal boxes with stupid knobs and silly lights on that cost loads of money? -...and writing on a perverse forum called *****slutz' (of all names) for people the same as you.

Your'e sad.

Where is your taste?
Old 10th March 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post
Why do you like fiddlin' around with strange looking metal boxes with stupid knobs and silly lights on that cost loads of money? -...and writing on a perverse forum called *****slutz' (of all names) for people the same as you.

Your'e sad.

Where is your taste?

Man, that stings.
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

You guys have time to watch TV............I haven't sat down in a while and even enjoyed a hockey game, let alone Family Guy.
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

Tell me about it OP. This morning, my wife told me all about "The City" last night. And she's far from a ditsy drama queen. Not to mention the crappy Sci Fi Channel original movies she love's and now has me kind of hooked on. Nothing like watching Ice Spiders for the 3rd time! lol
Old 10th March 2009
Here for the gear

And all men love ESPN and Sports Center...
argue if you must, but they're NO better.
Old 10th March 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
i think im the only guy that hates sports center. no im not gay but damn it boring. oooh we got Griffy back!!! then i change to the news.."300000000000000 more jobs are lost today.....then back to sports.......someone just got signed for 3000000000000 to play for another teem to boost the fans morale.

which one of you watched mama mia? that looked like the dumbest fu<>in movie. my brothers gf loves those rock of love shows and i couldnt imagine gettin use to that. i tell her thats why everybody hates america heh (im joking).

to the op. do you have a music/studio setup that you can play with when she watches those shows? as long as the old ball and chain wont nag that you never spend time with her you have something to do while the crap shows are on.
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear

TV sucks, period. All of it. And yes that includes all the pseodo-scientific/historical crap on Dicovery etc. Netflix saved my life... heh
Old 11th March 2009
Lives for gear

lol.
thanks everyone for your replies.
i feel less alone.

i dont like sports.
i usually watch news or documantaries.

i love top gear....i'm a nerd.

the guy with the chinese wife making him watch soap operas.....OMG

so..i guess most guys go through this sort of thing.

especially if you a tech nerd.

i think most guys would be hard pressed to find a girl that has never seen dancing with the stars etc....its a dna thing lol....

well fellow studio rats......

AT LEAST WERE NOT GAMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.
Old 11th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian! View Post
yes, someone has to be gay if they find something someone is whining about to be petty.

LOL.

i think you missed the point.

seriously, i get yours, i'm being petty.
that's the point.

my girlfriend is wonderful, she is understanding, patient, and respects me with undying devotion. i'd never leave her.

bad taste or not.

----but yo.
brian!
honestly.

have you ever watch a full episode of any of these shows?

charmed.
american idol.
dancing with the stars.
jon and kate plus 8.
sex in the city.
what not to wear.
ghost whisperer.
brothers and sisters
desperate housewives
----------
have you ever watched any of these movies all the way through.

the devil wears prada.
thelma and louise.
erin brokovich.
13 going on 30
runaway bride
my big fat greek wedding
serendipity
how to lose a guy in ten days.
---------------------------
ok all kidding aside.....

brian, seriously, this is a light hearted, petty thread i made when i was drunk, nothing more.
im sorry if i some how offended you by appearing homophobic or anti-female.

if i offended you in anyway, i sincerely apologize.
Old 11th March 2009
Lives for gear

"We're not gamers"
There's your problem !
Get her into WOW and she'll never even speak to you again
Old 11th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Not all men of course, but of course many women do not like the crappy fare in the OP's post either.

For sure they're no better. In fact I would almost rather watch Sex in the City than ESPN or Sports Center, at least what you're watching is easier on the eyes. Luckily I don't have to watch any of that stuff, thank god.

If whomever I'm hanging out with insists on watching TV, I break out a book.
Old 12th March 2009
Lives for gear
My wife likes a lot of bull**** like that.
But, we have a lot of common ground that levels everything out.

I've had relationships in the past with girls who were as opinionated and devoted to the same music/movies/art as me, and it was a fvcking disaster. People need "their own" things/space as well.

So, take your licks.........
Watch a few episodes of Sex in the City with her, and she'll remember that when you ask her to go see Terminator: Salvation with you.

If that doesn't work, ADIOS!!
Old 16th March 2009
Lives for gear

Yeah, I don't get Sex And The City at all, it is beyond offensive. No clue why the missus enjoys that crap.

But she's welcome to watch Charmed whenever she wants, 'cuz Alissa Milano is Teh Hotness.
Old 24th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsawlogic View Post
Well, that's a little better than my Chinese wife trying to make me watch Chinese soap operas with no subtitles. Just imagine "Dallas" with a J.R. you can't understand, replete with an equally overwrought dynasty founded in an industry you can't understand, whose shifty employees are embroiled in a tangled web of subterfuge you can't understand, leading to a weekly climax of tear-wrenched dramatic explosions you can't understand.
Feel for ya.

My wife is Vietnemese and we have been married 37 years. We have a 62" Samsung in our living room where she watches tons of foriegn movies that have been translated in Vietnemese. Like you I have little interest in these as they do not have sub-titles and the plots are so predictable you can tell whats going on even if you don't know the language.

BUT - I do on occassion sit with here for an hour or so and watch them with her. It makes here feel good to tell me what is going on and honestly it makes me feel better to know she is a little happier with me there.

Luckily I have my studio (rebuilding at the moment) and a media room with a 93" screen where I can watch movies (over 2500 on my server) or TV anytime I want.

Life is good.

As far as all the TV programs listied I must say most of them are not particulalry entertaining. BUT this is my prespective. I have watched at least a couple episodes of each and could not get into them. My daughter and son-in-law love HOUSE. I can't understand why anyone would watch it. On the other hand I really like the BIG BANG THEORY but my daughter thinks it's a dumb show.

Just a matter of taste.

Remember - the happier she is the happier you will be.

Old 24th March 2009
Lives for gear

I feel sorry for those unable to enjoy the strange delights of "Ideal" on the ole BBC .
Old 25th March 2009
Considering that your girlfriend has picked you to be with, how smart is it to say she has "bad taste?"
Old 30th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillCrazy View Post

Remember - the happier she is the happier you will be.

jepp

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search