The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Karl Rove up ****'s Creek...Just lost his paddle!
Old 15th July 2005
Gear Guru

now Rove will try and hind behind legalese "I didnt use her actual name".

If Bush is a Patriot he asks Rove the truth, and fires him or defends him.

If Rove persists he could be jailed ... leave now and he can stay in charge as a consultant.

Republicans respond:

"I switched to Republican over 30 years ago, but now feel increasingly betrayed by and ashamed of the power-crazy dishonesty and the distorted values of the current leadership of the GOP. Tom DeLay does not speak or stand for most American Republicans. Neither does Karl Rove, who should be fired and severely punished if indications are correct. Can we trust you, Mr. President? Please give us the real, open truth." Jeb E., Palo Alto, CA

"I am a registered and disappointed Republican. Don't make this situation worse - 'fess up and fix the problem." Karen H., Fort Collins, CO

"I am a registered Republican and want this current administration to admit the fault and fire Rove now! Decent Americans lose their jobs over less." Alice C., Wilmington, DE

"I vote for whoever I think will do the best job -- Democrat, Republican, Independent -- and this is the time for elected officials to do their best job: honor their word, honor their country, and honor those they govern by upholding not only the law but what is moral and right. In this case, it is to remove whoever is responsible for leaking the CIA agent's identity." Nancy O., Van Buren, AR

"As a registered Republican, I join with those that say enough is enough! Time to clean house!" Tim M., Milan, OH

"I am registered Republican. However, the behavior of this administration isn't part of my Republican Party. Start by taking responsibility for both the good and the bad decisions of the administration. ... Mr. Rove has now stepped over the line. President Bush, like his father, needs to request Mr. Rove's resignation." Ed S., Newport Beach, CA

"As a registered Republican, the recent revelations regarding Karl Rove's role in the leak of a CIA operative's identity has me greatly concerned. I am sure that a great majority of Americans would agree that now is not the time for silence and evasive actions on the part of the administration. Please address this issue immediately so that our country can move forward, united in the truth, and so that we can move on to focusing on the many challenges and opportunities of our times. Thank you." Diane W., Ephrata, CA

"I was a good Republican for all my life, but can no longer stomach the people that excuse the behavior of those who squelch any and all who question and think for themselves. Please stand up and do what is right." Lana H., Fort Worth. TX

"Truth is an awesome thing. As an American whose husband and son have served in our military I wonder if you could possibly condone a leak of information which jeopardizes our national security. I would like to see the Republican Party speak honestly as they used to speak when I was a registered Republican. We seem to be emulating the Nixon era ... I can no longer support the Republican party." MaryKay D., Columbus, OH

"As a registered Republican I am concerned about the failure of the Bush administration to follow through with its promise with anyone who comprises the security of a CIA agent and our country. Karl Rove has gone too far and must resign or be dismissed." Jan O., Yorba Linda, CA

"As a Republican ... I have to insist that the president and my party affiliates in Washington tend to the accountability of Karl Rove or face yourselves the possibility of being called part of a cover-up conspiracy. You are ELECTED officials entrusted to the security of all Americans. For God's sake get responsible." Marilynne R., Glendale, AZ

"As a lifelong Republican, who has been voting and supporting this great country for close to 50 years, I am outraged that a member of your administration would damage this nation's interests for petty, partisan, political reasons. Mr. Rove and anyone else involved in this despicable act should be fired ..." Donald E., Pittsfield, MA

"As a registered Republican, I'm shocked that Karl Rove would sink so low as to reveal our CIA agents. It is really time to ask Karl Rove to resign to spare this president further embarrassment." Charles B., Sarasota, FL

"I have been a Republican almost from birth. No more, no more!!! This latest group of Republicans have disgraced the memory of all noble Republicans that preceded them. I am a city trustee in Illinois and speak loudly and regularly at counsel meetings regarding the Bush ethics and to date have thoroughly convinced several other members to take a closer and more focused look at the way the Bush administration has controlled the rhetoric regarding most issues." Dave B., Mount Olive, IL
Old 16th July 2005
jordan19
NY Times reported today that according to a "briefed source," Rove had conversations with Robert Novak before his Valerie Plame story was printed.
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Guru

From the Christian Science Monitor:

Rove leak is just part of larger scandal

WASHINGTON – Let me remind you that the underlying issue in the Karl Rove controversy is not a leak, but a war and how America was misled into that war.

In 2002 President Bush, having decided to invade Iraq, was casting about for a casus belli. The weapons of mass destruction theme was not yielding very much until a dubious Italian intelligence report, based partly on forged documents (it later turned out), provided reason to speculate that Iraq might be trying to buy so-called yellowcake uranium from the African country of Niger. It did not seem to matter that the CIA advised that the Italian information was "fragmentary and lacked detail."

Prodded by Vice President Dick Cheney and in the hope of getting more conclusive information, the CIA sent Joseph Wilson, an old Africa hand, to Niger to investigate. Mr. Wilson spent eight days talking to everyone in Niger possibly involved and came back to report no sign of an Iraqi bid for uranium and, anyway, Niger's uranium was committed to other countries for many years to come.

No news is bad news for an administration gearing up for war. Ignoring Wilson's report, Cheney talked on TV about Iraq's nuclear potential. And the president himself, in his 2003 State of the Union address no less, pronounced: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

Wilson declined to maintain a discreet silence. He told various people that the president was at least mistaken, at most telling an untruth. Finally Wilson directly challenged the administration with a July 6, 2003 New York Times op-ed headlined, "What I didn't find in Africa," and making clear his belief that the president deliberately manipulated intelligence in order to justify an invasion.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0715/p09s02-cods.html
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Guru

Rove was first source on CIA agent - Time reporter

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...m/bush_leak_dc
Old 17th July 2005
There is only one

like i said before..... a WHOLE lot bigger than a hummer in the white house this time... this is actaully KILLING PEOPLE.

TIME FOR IMPEACHMENT.
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

I completely agree ... but it'll never happen!

Short of an indictment, even Rove ain't goin' no where!

------------

Please review "Rove by Day" ...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost....9&postcount=12
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Guru
Yes- the Valerie Plame thing is the tip of the iceberg. the real story is the pattern of intentional disinformation the Bush badministration fed us to get into the war.
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L
... By night.

Thanks for the pic! Poke Rove with a stick because I think he is done. Ding Ding! Dinners ready!
Old 18th July 2005
jordan19
I'm curious to see how Libby (Cheney's top guy) will be connected with all this. Cooper was talking about him yesterday... being a second source or something.
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Guru
President Bush now says he will fire anyone who committed a crime in leaking the name of a CIA agent. Notice the rhetorical shift. It used to be he would fire anyone who leaked the name.
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Guru

Seems Bush is backtracking now. (big surprise-NOT)

Before, it was if anyone in his administration leaked this information, they would be fired. Now it is if they are convicted of a crime... Rolling Eyes

Bush: CIA leaker would be fired if crime committed

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -
President Bush said on Monday anyone in his administration who was found to have committed a crime in a federal investigation of the leak of a covert
CIA agent's name would be fired

----

So Bush says anyone in his administration convicted of a crime will be fired. .
DUH!
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Nut

I'm not holding my breath on anything happening here.

Nixon didn't go to jail over watergate. I think only oliver north did over iran contra.
It's very rare an actual high level administration type goes to jail over this type of thing.

I can't believe how small of a piece of news this is in the US. This should be a front page screaming headline every day and the 1st thing CNN runs with every newscast.

They should jail every single member of his administration over this and get colin powell back to run a caretaker government and hold new eclections in a few months.

You know....my kid's 5 and anytime you ask her if she did something bad she does the reflexive 'NO DADDY' but when you look her in the eye and say 'TELL ME THE TRUTH, WERE YOU JUST FIBBING TO DADDY?" she always tells the truth.

So what we obviously need are 5 years olds in government or politicians that call you 'DADDY'

Jeff
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Guru

Bush qualifies pledge to fire CIA leaker

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -
President Bush on Monday shifted from a broad pledge to fire whoever leaked a covert
CIA agent's identity, by vowing to dismiss any person found in federal probe to have committed a crime.

---

Why would anyone ever believe a single word out of Bush's mouth? Just plain stupidity?
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkshort
... I can't believe how small of a piece of news this is in the US. This should be a front page screaming headline every day and the 1st thing CNN runs with every newscast.
Regardless of what they might like us to believe here in the "States" (or anywhere else for that matter), the news media is a total corporate animal. Programming "suggestions" are handed down from the top floor where the mahogony offices are inhabited by 1%'rs... doesn't much matter these days what the call letters happen to be(CNN, NBC, FOX{eh-hem},... etc). Everytime something seems to "break" that's hurtful to this administration it mysteriously dissapears from 'lead story' status inside 3 or 4 days (usualy less)... EVERY TIME!!!!!! One can only hope this may be the straw that begins to break the choke hold these people have over the United States... but I doubt it. This administration is by far the most corrupt and destructive pack of liars and thieves this country's ever had to endure... they make Nixon & friends look like a bunch of Whittier school boys! People like that (and I use the term 'people' loosely) are damned hard to get rid of!
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Regardless of what they might like us to believe here in the "States" (or anywhere else for that matter), the news media is a total corporate animal. Programming "suggestions" are handed down from the top floor where the mahogony offices are inhabited by 1%'rs... doesn't much matter these days what the call letters happen to be(CNN, NBC, FOX{eh-hem},... etc). Everytime something seems to "break" that's hurtful to this administration it mysteriously dissapears from 'lead story' status inside 3 or 4 days (usualy less)... EVERY TIME!!!!!! One can only hope this may be the straw that begins to break the choke hold these people have over the United States... but I doubt it. This administration is by far the most corrupt and destructive pack of liars and thieves this country's ever had to endure... they make Nixon & friends look like a bunch of Whittier school boys! People like that (and I use the term 'people' loosely) are damned hard to get rid of.

Amen
Old 18th July 2005
jordan19
Unhappy

you mean Fox News isn't Fair and Balanced?!!?!?
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Guru
Quote:
Regardless of what they might like us to believe here in the "States" (or anywhere else for that matter), the news media is a total corporate animal. Programming "suggestions" are handed down from the top floor where the mahogony offices are inhabited by 1%'rs... doesn't much matter these days what the call letters happen to be(CNN, NBC, FOX{eh-hem},... etc). Everytime something seems to "break" that's hurtful to this administration it mysteriously dissapears from 'lead story' status inside 3 or 4 days (usualy less)... EVERY TIME!!!!!! One can only hope this may be the straw that begins to break the choke hold these people have over the United States... but I doubt it. This administration is by far the most corrupt and destructive pack of liars and thieves this country's ever had to endure... they make Nixon & friends look like a bunch of Whittier school boys! People like that (and I use the term 'people' loosely) are damned hard to get rid of!
The list of things G W Twitboy has done that would have Clinton would have been impeached for gets longer every day. but hes a Republican, so they just sort of go away.

Damn that liberal press!
Old 19th July 2005
There is only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan19
you mean Fox News isn't Fair and Balanced?!!?!?
about as forgiving and unjudgemental as christians....
Old 19th July 2005
jordan19

Billy O'Reilly and his right wing vibrator keep that fair and balanced news channel afloat. dfegad
Old 19th July 2005
Gear Nut

You know....I have yet to meet anyone who actually watches his show (bill o'reilly)

Someone must. I guess it's like how there are a couple of million people who will still buy michael jackson albums.

I am glad as my cable provider here just recently picked up fox news. Anytime I am feeling like the canadian media is wacked or if I need and intellectual ego boost 5 minutes of fox news fixes the problem!

It leaves me feeling fairly balanced.
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Guru

America's Big Malignant Tumor

http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/morford/
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

this could be good news for america
the scheming opportunists from texas
are now the hunted
and i would imagine the establishment press
is going to rip into this like fresh meat
on the serengeti - there being no love
lost betwixt the 2

bush rose to power by manipulating the christian right
condoned relentless dirty tricks by his lapdog
rove(r)
pursued his halfbaked ideology given forth
by texas neofascists
and has generally pissed on the establishment
intelligensia,

well i imagine the chickens are coming home to
roo(a)st
and the oven is getting hot

its going to be along 3 years for
the braindead party boy who succeeded
to the highest office in the land thru nepotism
and desire to please his puppetmaster oil
friends from texercana

dfegad bush
Old 23rd July 2005
There is only one

lets only hope they attack like a rabid pack of wolves....
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Guru

rabid wolves?

I hope they do anything at this point, as the Nominee has stolen the show

And who's idea was that?.. Karl Rove's
Old 23rd July 2005
There is only one

seems the bombings have taken over the news to me.... the two in london and the new one in egypt killing 88 people.
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajerk
seems the bombings have taken over the news to me.... the two in london and the new one in egypt killing 88 people.
Yes, these bombers are stupid in every sense of the word. On top of everything else, they keep playing right into Bush's hands.
Old 23rd July 2005
There is only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
Yes, these bombers are stupid in every sense of the word. On top of everything else, they keep playing right into Bush's hands.

they arent playing INTO his hands... they are part of his "hands".

IMPEACH THIS MORON before he destroys the WORLD.
Old 24th July 2005
There is only one

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8680099/

Ex-CIA officer says Bush must act on leak
On radio, former intelligence analyst says national security hampered

WASHINGTON - President Bush is jeopardizing national security by not disciplining Karl Rove for his role in leaking the name of a CIA officer, and has hampered efforts to recruit informants in the war on terror, former U.S. intelligence officers say.

Former CIA analyst Larry Johnson used the Democratic Party’s weekly radio address Saturday to reiterate comments he made Friday to a panel of House and Senate Democrats.

At that event, Johnson and others expressed great frustration that CIA operative Valerie Plame’s name was made public. Plame is married to former ambassador Joseph Wilson, a critic of Bush’s Iraq policy.

“Instead of a president concerned first and foremost with protecting this country and the intelligence officers who serve it, we are confronted with a president who is willing to sit by while political operatives savage the reputations of good Americans like Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson,” Johnson said in the radio address.

Rove's role
Johnson, who said he was a registered Republican, said Bush has gone back on his promise to fire anyone at the White House implicated in a leak.

Federal law forbids government officials from revealing the identity of an undercover intelligence officer.

Rove, Bush’s deputy chief of staff, told Time magazine reporter Matthew Cooper in a 2003 phone call that Wilson’s wife worked for the CIA on weapons of mass destruction issues, according to an account by Cooper in the magazine.

Rove has not disputed that he told Cooper that Wilson’s wife worked for the agency, but has said through his lawyer that he did not mention her by name.

In July 2003, Robert Novak, citing unnamed administration officials, identified Plame by name in his syndicated column and wrote that she worked for the CIA. The column has led to a federal criminal investigation into who leaked Plame’s undercover identity. New York Times reporter Judith Miller — who never wrote a story about Plame — has been jailed for refusing to testify.

No comment from White House
Bush said last week, “I think it’s best that people wait until the investigation is complete before you jump to conclusions. And I will do so, as well.”

Dana Perino, a White House spokesman, said Friday that the administration would have no comment on the investigation while it was continuing.

Johnson said he wished a Republican lawmaker would have the courage to stand up and “call the ugly dog the ugly dog.”

“Where are these men and women with any integrity to speak out against this?” he asked. “I expect better behavior out of Republicans.”
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
You mean 9/11?

Ruphus
Old 25th July 2005

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search