The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Billy Graham's Daughter Arrested
Old 10th July 2005
jordan19 
Cool Billy Graham's Daughter Arrested

Evangelist stike stike Billy Graham's stike stike daughter was arrested after witnesses told police she choked her husband in a parking lot, authorities said. Three witnesses told police that Virginia Graham Foreman pushed her husband and grabbed him by the throat.

Who said those fundamentalists can't kick some ass lol

It was later explained to police by the couple that witnesses had "just misunderstood what was going on between them."
-Associated Press

Can't imagine what she did to him when they got home.
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear
shouldn't the preachings of "the chapelain of the white house" bring peace into the peoples' hearts?
seems not so...
Old 11th July 2005
Motown legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoVXR
shouldn't the preachings of "the chapelain of the white house" bring peace into the peoples' hearts?
seems not so...
Probably would if the occupants actually listened to him and behaved like Christians!
Old 11th July 2005
jordan19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson
Probably would if the occupants actually listened to him and behaved like Christians!
Good point Mr. Olhsson lol thumbsup
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear
hmm people are quite different. they understand a message and another they don't..
when I listen to that kind of halleluyah show, I can get very aggressive, feel like hypnotized and brainwashed. (and I saw franklin graham at bush's inauguration also)
when I listen to the dalai lama, I can laugh and be happy and forget my anger. he makes me understand how I am not perfect at all and have to stand back sometimes...
maybe there's too little of choice when you have such parents or going a political career?

(but to behave like a Christian should be sufficient, just graham or any evangelical could never teach me to..)
Old 11th July 2005
There is only one

free tibet?
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear
unless he is talking about tibet - how bad you are ! heh
Old 11th July 2005
Motown legend

Billy Graham shouldn't be confused with his son or any of the multimillionaire television evangelists. He's the real deal. If more people watched the reruns of him, they'd easily feel what's wrong with most of the others. Billy Graham is a uniter and not a divider. It's just that simple and profound.
Old 11th July 2005
There is only one

oh thats such bull****.... his "compound" is here on the east side of town. he isnt any uniter. and they are ALL hypocrites. cant wait for him and all the other evangelists to die.
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

We are all hypocrits..
so being an average one, I think Billy Graham is allright.

ruudman
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson
Billy Graham shouldn't be confused with his son
I dont' follow any of the religious right leaders....but I am familiar with "The apple doesn't fall from the tree...."
Old 11th July 2005
jordan19 
Quote:
We are all hypocrits..
so being an average one, I think Billy Graham is allright.

heh heh
Old 11th July 2005
Gear Nut

If anybody tells you they have the answer than run....

Find it for yourself and if you really want to understand... you will

If all you want is a way to impose you will on others... you'll find that too

It doesn't matter what philosophy you choose ... stick to what's in the book that is speaking to you... not of history... and behave that way.... I think it's funny that some people can call themselves Christians but not even try to follow the example of Jesus... Instead they'll go through the Bible page by page to find one sentence that justifies the action they want to take....

Another thing that I could never really get to sink in was how much a preacher with a cult of personality can change the face of a religion. Whether it is the formation of the Church of Rome by Constantine and the Ecumenical Council, the protestant revolution and Martin Luther, or the Ayatolla Khomeni and the Iranian speration from the Shah, the call to Evangelism, orthe Communist Revolution ( at the time it was a religion - Khmer Rouge killed how many for having impute thoughts) these new advancements in theological though can be very contrary to the orginal concpet but they'll still spreak like wild fire... and people find it so much easier to listen to what the preacher says than to look it up themselves... human beings are lazy and until that changes those that have charisma will feel those that don't anything they want to and they'll like it.

The daughter was in bussiness and that what I'll call it ... She got up infront of millions and shouted how the spirit was in her and how it brough peace and fuffilment ... and how much she wanted to share that joy with the world... too bad she couldn't share a bit of it with her husband.
Old 15th July 2005
Gear Nut

I hear you on the cult of personality thing.

When the last pope was up here for world youth day they would show all these kids crying on tv 'cause they saw pope or touched his hand. people getting him to bless pictures of him and worsipers setting up small shrines to the pope.

I thought they were supposed to 'worship no one before me' and that the whole idolatry thing wasn't supposed to be kosher either?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search