The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Batman Begins
Old 26th June 2005
Lives for gear

Batman Begins

Best comic book adaptation movie to date.

Fantastic.

Old 26th June 2005
Mindreader

Good wasn't it!

Old 26th June 2005
Lives for gear

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup Awesome flick.

I'm also looking forward to War of The Worlds this weekend.
Old 26th June 2005
Gear Nut

Christian Bale IS Batman...
Old 26th June 2005
Mindreader

Oh yeah post back up here when you've seen WOTW and tell us if its any good.

Regarding Batman, I wish they'd now go and remake them all like that. However, Jack Nicholson was great as Joker not sure how you'd get out of that one.
Old 26th June 2005
Lives for gear

I just hope they replace Katie Holmes (long shot, right!?): I'm so annoyed at seeing her picture every five minutes on TV, in newspapers, on the cover of every magazine- isn't there anything else worth reporting in the news??? I'm almost wishing that Bradd and Jennifer would break up again. lol.

Anyway, It'd be hard for Hollywood not to screw up a sequel, but a quick search found this interview with the director - so maybe they'll actually be able to pull it off:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/2084.asp

Director Christopher Nolan spoke with Laceby News about whether he'd come back to direct a sequel - "If David's writing it, Christian's still Batman, and everyone else is returning.....me not returning would be like the only student of a graduating class skipping the big day to wash the car" said Nolan.

He also disclosed other information such as "Like Begins, one clear cut villain isn't the plan [though]" and the likelihood of Robin appearing "The studio wasn't interested in Robin. We weren't either. This is a young Batman, so Robin's a few films....not for a few pictures anyway. Dick Grayson's still in a crib somewhere. I seriously doubt I will even be involved when Robin's in the franchise" says Nolan.
Old 26th June 2005
Lives for gear

Katie Holmes was the only cast member not asked back for the sequels. Although I thought she was actually ok in the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus
I just hope they replace Katie Holmes (long shot, right!?): I'm so annoyed at seeing her picture every five minutes on TV, in newspapers, on the cover of every magazine- isn't there anything else worth reporting in the news??? I'm almost wishing that Bradd and Jennifer would break up again. lol.

Anyway, It'd be hard for Hollywood not to screw up a sequel, but a quick search found this interview with the director - so maybe they'll actually be able to pull it off:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/2084.asp

Director Christopher Nolan spoke with Laceby News about whether he'd come back to direct a sequel - "If David's writing it, Christian's still Batman, and everyone else is returning.....me not returning would be like the only student of a graduating class skipping the big day to wash the car" said Nolan.

He also disclosed other information such as "Like Begins, one clear cut villain isn't the plan [though]" and the likelihood of Robin appearing "The studio wasn't interested in Robin. We weren't either. This is a young Batman, so Robin's a few films....not for a few pictures anyway. Dick Grayson's still in a crib somewhere. I seriously doubt I will even be involved when Robin's in the franchise" says Nolan.
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup 5 thumbs
**** was tight
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Just saw it last night. Excellent film.

I really like how they built up the action throughout the film.

Quite dark and psychological at the beginning and then the action starts to kick in later.

If they keep this team together I'll definitely be at the front of the line next time.

And is it just me or does the jet engine on the batmobile sound just like the thruster on that pod-racer Annikin Skywalker uses in the first 'new' Star Wars? (Ok, on further thought, it's mainly when he's turning the batmoblie in tight spaces... hard to explain but listen out for it if you see it a second time. God what a ****ing trainspotter I am...)

In a galaxy far far away... Batman begins heh

R.
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Good flick...my only beef was

Bales batman voice was TERRIBLE...and his mouth looked way weird in the suit*no homo
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher
Good flick...my only beef was

Bales batman voice was TERRIBLE...and his mouth looked way weird in the suit*no homo
I thought the voice was OK, but I believe he's native London, so that's not his real accent. Maybe that's what you picked up?
Old 27th June 2005
500 series nutjob

i seldom see a movie at the theater anymore ( well never did much ) i do look forward to the dvd.
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60
i seldom see a movie at the theater anymore ( well never did much ) i do look forward to the dvd.
I have a 3 year old so my wife and I just started to go to the movies again

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search