The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Musician's Friend buys Harmony Central
Old 23rd June 2005
Unhappy Musician's Friend buys Harmony Central

http://news.harmony-central.com/News/2005/HC-MF.html

It's like when they paved over the Wild West.

Tector Gorch: Silver rings.
Dutch Engstrom: Silver rings your butt. Them's washers. Damn.
Lyle Gorch: Washers. Washers. We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!
Pike Bishop: They set it up.
Lyle Gorch: They? Who in the hell is they?
Sykes: [laughs hysterically] They? Why, they is the plain and fancy they, that's who they is. Caught you didn't they? Tied a tin can to your tail. Led you in and waltzed you out again. Oh my what a bunch. Big tough ones, hunh? Here you are with a hand full of holes, a thumb up your ass, and a big grin to pass the time of day with. They? Who the hell is they?
Pike Bishop: Railroad men... bounty hunters...
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Man, that sucks. Guitar Center is full of poop.

Old 24th June 2005
Gear Nut

Cool Harmony Central

So I click the link; go to the Harmony Central page with the announcement confirming they were bought buy Musicians Friend; and there's a Sweetwater ad in the middle of the page! Nice move....
[email protected]
Old 26th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolff
So I click the link; go to the Harmony Central page with the announcement confirming they were bought buy Musicians Friend; and there's a Sweetwater ad in the middle of the page! Nice move....
[email protected]
It will probably take a little while until Musician's Friend is completely moved in. Then, you probably won't see that kinda stuff anymore.
Old 2nd July 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolff
[email protected]
Does this mean they will eventually by Sweetwater?
Old 7th July 2005
member no 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick21
It will probably take a little while until Musician's Friend is completely moved in. Then, you probably won't see that kinda stuff anymore.
Not at all... we've advertised on H-C for a couple of years now... and they're more than happy to continue to take our advertising dollars.

I had a rather pleasant chat with our new 'account rep' who at first thought we might have a problem advertising on a site that was owned by "a competitor"... after I stopped laughing and explained that there was no way in hell we considered Musician's Friend anything close to competition for our shop everything went very smoothly.

If anything, M-F's fairly deep resources are going to help implement some of the things H-C's creative team [the people that run H-C are have all stayed on at this point... only ownership has changed] has been trying to implement.
Old 7th July 2005
Lives for gear

Yeah, I wouldn't consider you (Fletcher) to be in competition with Musician's Friend. Sweetwater is a little different though. We'll see.

Glad to hear you will still be advertising on Harmony Central.
Old 8th July 2005
rjx
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ditto
Old 8th July 2005
jordan19
Musician's Friend lol. Unfortunately I can't say enough bad things about their customer service.

Ordered a guitar for a friend's birthday and paid to have it overnighted... (he was a beginner... wanted to get him a nice guitar but was too lazy to try one out and ship it.)

Two days later (the day of his birthday) they call up saying they couldn't process the order because the shipping address wasn't the same as the billing address (no **** shirlock) and because the order was over a thousand dollars or something, they would need verification of this and that and yada yada blah blah...

Ah well. Maybe they've improved since then
Old 11th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yeah, I wouldn't consider you (Fletcher) to be in competition with Musician's Friend. Sweetwater is a little different though. We'll see.

Actually, IMHO Musicians Friend is no competition to Sweetwater. I hate buying from big chains after the fiasco of Sam Ash buying out Thoroughbred Music and putting me out of a job.
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

What does this mean?

Will I still be able to put up a user review with my personal, subjective unsponsored opinion of a piece o*****?

Andi

www.doorknocker.ch
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

I just hope they don't screw up the classified section.
Old 11th July 2005
jordan19
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker
What does this mean?

Will I still be able to put up a user review with my personal, subjective unsponsored opinion of a piece o*****?

Andi

www.doorknocker.ch
I'd imagine so Andi lol, since Musician Friend's website is loaded with ****ty reviews of their products heh heh
Old 11th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan19
I'd imagine so Andi lol, since Musician Friend's website is loaded with ****ty reviews of their products heh heh

'Musician's Friend', doesn't the mere name say enough?

Andi

www.doorknocker.ch
Old 11th July 2005
500 series nutjob

lol

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search