The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
i finally realized how this game works
Old 19th August 2008
Gear Maniac

i finally realized how this game works

it's just like any other job

u gotta network

i'm an ego maniac with major levels of talent, but i'm a complete prick to people

i figured the music game i could do that if my skills are as great as they are

but i was wrong

i see less skilled people everyday going somwhere based on the fact that they're likeable people and make friends with other people involved in the industry

i gotta change my ways

but my rep is still there of being a prick
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

So any specific stories you want to share?
Old 19th August 2008
Gear Maniac

no

mostly just sitting back and seeing people avoid working with me while working with other people that are less skilled as me around the way that i know that treat people good and don't really have ego problems

so i smoked a blunt of some garbage paranoia weed and started getting nervous, but then i said i'm going to focus on the music game to get my mind straight so i'm not looking out the window every 2 minutes because that's what coke is for.

so i started analyzing the game and where i'm at and then i came to that conclusion.
Old 19th August 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscarbones View Post
no

mostly just sitting back and seeing people avoid working with me while working with other people that are less skilled as me around the way that i know that treat people good and don't really have ego problems

so i smoked a blunt of some garbage paranoia weed and started getting nervous, but then i said i'm going to focus on the music game to get my mind straight so i'm not looking out the window every 2 minutes because that's what coke is for.

so i started analyzing the game and where i'm at and then i came to that conclusion.
stick to the purp homie!!!
Old 19th August 2008
You talk about people who are 'less skilled' than you but in this game people-skills are the ABSOLUTE #1 skill to have/develop/work at. Keeping a session relaxed and creative is one of the most critical things and you definitely need people skills for that.

It's good that you've realised, hopefully it's not too late for you to rebuild your reputation. Alternatively you could move to a new city and start over in a different scene.

Good luck for the future.
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

Someone doesn't want to work with a person who is, in his own words, a prick.
Imagine that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search