The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dukes Of Hazzard
Old 10th January 2005
Lives for gear

Dukes Of Hazzard

anyone doing music, recording, or post production for the Dukes of Hazzard movie......just curious??? Met a few folks and talked about future movies coming to New Orleans. Gonna see if i can do anything......LOL

Took a few snaps on the set today of the "G L" . they have 4 on set and 23 more, ALL INDENTICAL, in storage areas.

Worked a Fire Dept detail for stunt safety...................i must say, the stunt drivers are the shiizzzzzzznitt. I would have driven right into somebody's office building.
Old 10th January 2005
Lives for gear

Attached Thumbnails
Dukes Of Hazzard-general_lee.jpg  
Old 10th January 2005
Lives for gear

hazzard shure looks different
Old 11th January 2005
Lives for gear

Every time I've worked on a pic with stunt driving, I've been so DANG impressed. As exciting as the editing can make things, being there and seeing it is really amazing.

I remember working on a music video with fifteen or so stunt drivers, a stunt motorcyclist and a helicopter pilot plus pyro guys everywhere. It was one big stunt sequence with lots of cameras. My assistant and I totally felt like Beavis and Butthead. We just stood there saying "cool...coool...aww, cool....COOL....that's so cool...."
Old 11th January 2005
Jai guru deva om

OK being purely lazy here and not researching...but who the hell are playing Bo and Luke?

Most importantly...Daisy????

War
Old 11th January 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by warhead
OK being purely lazy here and not researching...but who the hell are playing Bo and Luke?

Most importantly...Daisy????

War
Daisy is being played by none other than Jessica Simpson.

This is just one of thirty five films that are being shot here in New Orleans this month alone.

BTW, Lee Circle doesn't resemble Hazzard in any way.

Also, not be sound like a jerk, but shouldn't this have been posted in the "Gear Free..." forum? Seems more appropriate.

Congrats on your involvment nukmusic. Nice pic.
Old 11th January 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by picksail
Great! There goes my interest in going to see it. I'd rather watch people squeeze pimples for 90 minutes than go and see her in a movie.

Is it just me??? I mean, sure, she's pretty n all but the mere sight of just winds me up like nails scraping a blackboard.
Old 11th January 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh - the HORROR!
Wasn't Daisy actually clever and resourceful - as well as having fantastic legs - in the TV show? Hollywood mis-casting strikes again...

Does anyone else remember the drama during the TV show's run that surrounded the insurance on Catherine Bach's legs?
Apparently, IIRC, they were insured for $10million...a large sum at the time...and the insurance company went apesh!t when they found out she had been...wait for it...jogging.tutt
Cue the vicious circle...no jogging...fat legs...no tv show...no insurance premiums...
I believe the insurance company eventually relented after seeing the economic sense...

Cheers,
Tim
Old 11th January 2005
There is only one

Quote:
no way.... what is wrong with casting people these days? she is NO daisy duke. its almost as bad as fred and daphne in scooby doo. they were NOTHING like the cartoon. piss poor casting in these remakes.

though starski and hutch was pretty funny.
Old 14th January 2005
where are they shooting down there?
...nola doesnt really strike me as the right setting for the good ole dukes of hazzard

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search