The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Never makes love on Echoes Studio Headphones
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Never makes love on Echoes

I'm asking it cos me and several other friends had the same experience
While I was listening with a girl to Pink Floyd - Echoes, we start to make love frenetically, animated by the crescendos, the climaxes and the breaks…
I don't know why it is not really a "body" track (rather intellectual), but it just creates a madness that pushes us irresistibly…fuuck
Anyone had the same experience…yet?
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

i still got scars man

never had that happen with echoes but one time when i was a younger man i went home with a "deer camp widow" whom picked me up at a bar, and she was listening to that stroke me, stroke me song by Billy Squire (Mrs. "deer camp widow" was quite a bit older than me...:op). Needless to say that was 10 years ago and i still got scars and need some therapy...
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

It's a shame it was 10 years ago... otherwise you might give me his phone number. I'm always interested in new musical experiences
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Ommadawn worked for me one time, very nicely...
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Nut

I thought you were talking about an effect pedal... figured it hurt like hell... and then got destroyed by all the moisture
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcan View Post
I'm asking it cos me and several other friends had the same experience. While I was listening with a girl to Pink Floyd - Echoes, we start to make love frenetically...

so you and several other friends had the same experience making love to this girl while listening to echoes?

or you and several other friends made love while you were listening with this girl to echoes?

i ask because your syntax makes it unclear which actually happened. one just means you all know a slut who digs floyd, but the other makes you a lot more interesting at parties.

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
so you and several other friends had the same experience making love to this girl while listening to echoes?

or you and several other friends made love while you were listening with this girl to echoes?

i ask because your syntax makes it unclear which actually happened. one just means you all know a slut who digs floyd, but the other makes you a lot more interesting at parties.

gregoire
del
ubk
Yeah, I knew when I was writing it that it wasn't clear. Anyway, the only element in common was echoes (so not the girl, not the place, not the moment, …) ...
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFO PRO View Post
I thought you were talking about an effect pedal... figured it hurt like hell... and then got destroyed by all the moisture
The philosophical question behind this is: Which is the gear? The song or the girl?
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post

gregoire
del
ubk
I guess that depends on the kind of party.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosby View Post
I guess that depends on the kind of party.
... and the kind of girl...
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
I'm asking it cos me and several other friends had the same experience
While I was listening with a girl to Pink Floyd - Echoes, we start to make love frenetically, animated by the crescendos, the climaxes and the breaks…
I don't know why it is not really a "body" track (rather intellectual), but it just creates a madness that pushes us irresistibly…fuuck
Anyone had the same experience…yet?
O.k., you have got to be kidding me-right?
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sada10 View Post
O.k., you have got to be kidding me-right?
Try it and tell me if I'm kiddingheh
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
... and the kind of girl...
heh

George Carlin on Popular Beliefs: "You can't have it both ways". That depends on how intimately you know the other person. Maybe you can't have it both ways at once, but if you've got a little time, you can probably have it six or seven ways.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond from "Delicate Sound of Thunder" always worked pretty well for me.

cheers,
wade
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrface2112 View Post
heh

George Carlin on Popular Beliefs: "You can't have it both ways". That depends on how intimately you know the other person. Maybe you can't have it both ways at once, but if you've got a little time, you can probably have it six or seven ways.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond from "Delicate Sound of Thunder" always worked pretty well for me.

cheers,
wade
Echoes last longer, you can have it more ways then
Old 11th September 2007
for some reason when i read the title, i thought i was going to hear an MP3 of two people caught screwing in a real echo chamber. dissapointed.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
for some reason when i read the title, i thought i was going to hear an MP3 of two people caught screwing in a real echo chamber. dissapointed.
The norm is to do it on the board but it shouldn't be difficult to do it in the echo chamber.

The title is not even english tho. Sorry for my very bad english guys, but that way I don't have to listen to the lyrics.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Try it and tell me if I'm kiddingheh
Marcan, if you take a look at my photo, you will see my wife and our six kids-so you know I have been putting in some work seducing my wife over the past several years. I usually put her in the mood to some Luther Vandross, Barry White, Al Green. Now, I am a Floyd fan, but I never thought about getting it on to "Echoes", but for the love of the GS brotherhood, I guess I will give it a go!

So let me get back to you on that one.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

old days ..i went to see them do Meddle..it was he Spectrum in philly it held about 22k..they made it the "spectrum theatre" 10k and they didn't fill that

they did 1/2 of the stuff from ummagumma [ old live stuff and new songs..axe. astromnomie, pict.. etc then did all of Meddle, then did Dark Side [which no one heard before] with black chicks singing, the sax and the sound fx hooked up to a joystick [i suppose] and a 6.1 speaker system..err YUP!
i saw quad concerts ..ELP/YES[tarkus tour] etc but this was a 6 channel set up with speakers rung around the venue..no light show just fog, blue lights that's it

a hookah and an oz of jamacian makes the rest rather foggy
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
old days ..i went to see them do Meddle..it was he Spectrum in philly it held about 22k..they made it the "spectrum theatre" 10k and they didn't fill that

they did 1/2 of the stuff from ummagumma [ old live stuff and new songs..axe. astromnomie, pict.. etc then did all of Meddle, then did Dark Side [which no one heard before] with black chicks singing, the sax and the sound fx hooked up to a joystick [i suppose] and a 6.1 speaker system..err YUP!
i saw quad concerts ..ELP/YES[tarkus tour] etc but this was a 6 channel set up with speakers rung around the venue..no light show just fog, blue lights that's it

a hookah and an oz of jamacian makes the rest rather foggy
I have seen the floyds 3 times (not at the same period than you tho) and each time it was 6 channels. Man the sound... people start to faint at the first note of guitar on Shine on... I would say nearly half of the public was on floor at Comfortably numb...
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

I think these guys are listening to Floyd.

Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
I think these guys are listening to Floyd.

Nah, it sounds a bit up tempo for the floydsheh
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sada10 View Post
Marcan, if you take a look at my photo, you will see my wife and our six kids-so you know I have been putting in some work seducing my wife over the past several years. I usually put her in the mood to some Luther Vandross, Barry White, Al Green. Now, I am a Floyd fan, but I never thought about getting it on to "Echoes", but for the love of the GS brotherhood, I guess I will give it a go!

So let me get back to you on that one.
SOOO? Still busy? This track last only 23'31"? Or maybe you put it on repeat
Old 17th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Echoes last longer, you can have it more ways then
Totally depends on the decay setting... oh, right... you're talking about the song
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search