The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I just spent $140,000 Modular Synthesizers
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

I just spent $140,000

On this baby Be ready for me to pickup in 6 weeks)
2008 Audi w12>>>v12 baby!!!
Attached Thumbnails
I just spent 0,000-audi-a8.jpg  
Old 6th September 2007
not that i am planning on buying a car soon, but did you see the pictures of the new RS6 Avant? V10 twin turbo with 560? HP or something like that. i like wagons for the family stuff that i have to carry around - road trips, etc... Audi is a personal fav over comparable BMW and Mercedes models.

congrats
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Dude. Now I'm jealous.

I have an A6 Quattro that I adore, but this is super pimp!!!!

I'm holding out for the Aston Martin Vantange.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

damn you guys talk big money how u guys do it nice wheels by the way ill be up there soon.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

If your in the Connecticut area give me a shout, we'll go chill out somewhere when a get it at a studio By the way i don't make that kinda money off music, i own a computer business and just won $200k off powerball recently.........
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHENDONLY View Post
If your in the Connecticut area give me a shout, we'll go chill out somewhere when a get it at a studio By the way i don't make that kinda money off music, i own a computer business and just won $200k off powerball recently.........
damn and you spent 3/4 of it on a car nice car by the way but damn.i personally wouldve bought a bmv but thats me but difenately man i go to connecticut like once i month to visit my cousin so next time im there. what do you do in your computer business i was thinking of opening a small one because my pops keeps insisting since im good with computers.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Don't we have any penny (cent?) pinchers on this forum???

Old 6th September 2007
soulstudios
I am certain that money should have been spent on something more enduring - say, saving 14000 children from dying of poverty...
[email protected]
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile255 View Post
damn and you spent 3/4 of it on a car nice car by the way but damn.i personally wouldve bought a bmv but thats me but difenately man i go to connecticut like once i month to visit my cousin so next time im there. what do you do in your computer business i was thinking of opening a small one because my pops keeps insisting since im good with computers.
We create various types of software for alot of different companys. I do pretty well for myself, i would of bought the car even if i did'nt win pball.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

So when are we going to get a song about your new car?
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

So when can we post forum threads about cars?

Not that it really bothers me, it's just that I get the urge to blab too about things and think it's improper.

What's the rule?

Nice car by the way
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

highend,
you made a big mistake.
where do you want to drive with your 40000PS?
you should have bought the new chandler console!
now the only way to not end in hell you should
paypal me the rest of your winning.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

A lot of money. Then again, the sound system probably sounds better than most studios
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:

A Powerball winner! That's great.

Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

HIGEENDONLY you won 200k and just spent 140k on that car ? invest, buy a house, as other mentioned here buy the Chandler console ... but thats sounds kindof stupid to me to spend 75% of your winning on that.

by the way, my boss have that car in NY- its more then amazing. contras !
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Don't buy cars, lease em!
Old 6th September 2007
Quote:
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
A lot of money. Then again, the sound system probably sounds better than most studios
This is the sound system that's in it, i never heard of the name, but i figure it has to be pretty good. Anyone ever hear of a system called "Bang & Olufsen".
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is the sound system that's in it, i never heard of the name, but i figure it has to be pretty good. Anyone ever hear of a system called "Bang & Olufsen".

B & O is an Audiophile company. Good Stuff..... I've owned a few of their systems over the years.

On the Audi, the B&O system sounds amazing. The tweeters rise up out of the dash.

Congrats, dude. I had a loaded A6 Quattro for a few years, and traded it for an AWD BMW this past April. I loved the A6, and still miss it for certain things. Great cars.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just realized something. Something Fishy.

The car pictured is an Audi S8.

You called it a "W12" with a V12 engine.

To correct you... this is an S8 with a W12 engine....that is to say, unlike a V12 (6 cylinders per side), this is a W12 (4 cylinders per side, and 4 in the center)....this is the same exact engine that's in the Lamborghini Gallardo, just tuned for torque, not speed.

So you didn't get an Audi W12 with a V12. You got an S8 with a W12.

But, then again, you spent ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS on this car, so you SURELY knew that, right?

hmmm.....

Also, you're in CT, right? You won the powerball.....right? I just happened to see this when searching for CT lottery winners....

A computer parts salesman from Seymour claimed the $59.5 million Powerball Jackpot Prize yesterday, the largest lottery prize ever won in Connecticut. The salesman, Christopher Ewen, 45, and his wife, Lucille, 47, a financial services representative at a bank, will receive an after-tax payment of $34.6 million on July 11. The winning ticket was among three quick picks Mr. Ewen bought on June 24 at the Shop Smart in Seymour. The couple and their children have been living with Mr. Ewen's parents while saving to buy a house. Stacey Stowe (NYT)

Wow...two guys in computer peripherals winning the powerball....this is an awesome coincidence. I'm totally sure you're not making any of this up, 'cause that would just be pitiful, and as such, I am utterly amazed at the luck of those in computer retail. Time to get into a new line of work for me, it seems.

Last edited by LoopQuantum; 6th September 2007 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: oops.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
I just realized something. Something Fishy.

The car pictured is an Audi S8.

You called it a "W12" with a V12 engine.

To correct you... this is an S8 with a W12 engine....that is to say, unlike a V12 (6 cylinders per side), this is a W12 (4 cylinders per side, and 4 in the center)....this is the same exact engine that's in the Lamborghini Gallardo, just tuned for torque, not speed.

So you didn't get an Audi W12 with a V12. You got an S8 with a W12.

But, then again, you spent ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS on this car, so you SURELY knew that, right?

hmmm.....

Also, you're in CT, right? You won the powerball.....right? I just happened to see this when searching for CT lottery winners....

A computer parts salesman from Seymour claimed the $59.5 million Powerball Jackpot Prize yesterday, the largest lottery prize ever won in Connecticut. The salesman, Christopher Ewen, 45, and his wife, Lucille, 47, a financial services representative at a bank, will receive an after-tax payment of $34.6 million on July 11. The winning ticket was among three quick picks Mr. Ewen bought on June 24 at the Shop Smart in Seymour. The couple and their children have been living with Mr. Ewen's parents while saving to buy a house. Stacey Stowe (NYT)

Wow...two guys in computer peripherals winning the powerball....this is an awesome coincidence. I'm totally sure you're not making any of this up, 'cause that would just be pitiful, and as such, I am utterly amazed at the luck of those in computer retail. Time to get into a new line of work for me, it seems.
I did'nt win the jackpot , i won 5 numbers...$200k...I know what kinda car i got Why the hell would you put so much thought into my post....Why don't you come over my house so i can show you my slip or better yet i'll show you at aes show)
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did'nt win the jackpot , i won 5 numbers...$200k...I know what kinda car i got Why the hell would you put so much thought into my post....Why don't you come over my house so i can show you my slip or better yet i'll show you at aes show)
Awesome..... I never said you didn't....just said it looked fishy. I do pretty well too, and can't imagine not knowing the name of a car I acquired, even if it was free. That's all. I said congrats, remember? I also said it looked fishy, because it does. That's all.

What color did you get? Tiptronic? Paddles? Flux Capacitor? Show us a pic of you and the car when it arrives...these are gorgeous. An acquaintance of mine has an A8 with similar appointments, sans W12, and it's a wonderful car.

Until then, Congrats......on the contingency of looking fishy.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
Awesome..... I never said you didn't....just said it looked fishy. I do pretty well too, and can't imagine not knowing the name of a car I acquired, even if it was free. That's all. I said congrats, remember? I also said it looked fishy, because it does. That's all.

What color did you get? Tiptronic? Paddles? Flux Capacitor? Show us a pic of you and the car when it arrives...these are gorgeous. An acquaintance of mine has an A8 with similar appointments, sans W12, and it's a wonderful car.

Until then, Congrats......on the contingency of looking fishy.
I got it in black pearl, i did'nt mean to call the car a v12, it comes with a v12...It's an a8 with a v12..
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

You mean a w12.... awesome.
Old 7th September 2007
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
What happened to the tax bite taken out by the government? If you won $200k, you might only be getting half of it. You'd still need 40 g's for the car......
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

With a car like that you most certainly could go off on your ape **** tangents and still get laid.

A personal fav from your myspace:

http://www.youtube.com/jp.swf?video_...gKGJ5fmNQX26Fa

HIGHENDONLY is the new unsung Walters.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post
What happened to the tax bite taken out by the government? If you won $200k, you might only be getting half of it. You'd still need 40 g's for the car......
I think winnings like this are tax free, no?
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

no

No. I'm almost 100% you pay huge amounts of taxes...close to 50%
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
Don't buy cars, lease em!
heh cause you'll want a new one every few years anyway.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
I think winnings like this are tax free, no?
Nope. Gambling winnings are taxable income (can be offset by gambling losses if itemizing). Lottery type winnings require a 25% withholding, regardless of whether it is being paid out in time or gotten as a lump sum. Winnings go into your AGI and are taxed at your regular ordinary rate

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search