The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I just spent $140,000 Modular Synthesizers
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
I think winnings like this are tax free, no?
do you live in america...... get this crap...for every dollar the lottery takes in, the winner gets $.50..... so 100 mill played, you win 50 mill.....then the scumbags tax you another 50%....you know they are hurting for money...so they get %75 of all the money played. Then anything you buy with your winning...... TAXES SUCK
Old 24th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrax View Post
do you live in america...... get this crap...for every dollar the lottery takes in, the winner gets $.50..... so 100 mill played, you win 50 mill.....then the scumbags tax you another 50%....you know they are hurting for money...so they get %75 of all the money played. Then anything you buy with your winning...... TAXES SUCK
It is odd that winning something is taxed. You won it! It was given to you..why the state should profit from it I don't quite get.
But hey, in Europe, we are the kings of the hidden taxes.
Old 24th October 2007
Gear Nut

if i add up every penny ive ever made in my life, im probably no where near $140,000.

i doubt ive made it to 100,00 yet.
Old 24th October 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrax View Post
How else is Bush going to get the 60 BILLION dollars a year for war that he is asking for?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search