The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hip Hop Shirt Ideas
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Hip Hop Shirt Ideas

Hey guys,

A while ago after talking to people on a forum here, I started designing recording related tshirts and stuff. People seemed to like them, and i've been getting a lot of requests to make hip hop related designs too. So over the past few days I worked up a couple designs, and thought, since gearslutz are the people who got me designing stuff in the first place, and you guys are the gearslut hip hoppers, you would probably be the best people to let me know what you think of the designs i made up right now, and probably be a good source of ideas.

I'll post a few pictures of the designs I came up with, I think they are cool and simple. Any feedback you guys have is cool, and please, if you have any ideas, let me know! Most of the designs I have up are from people giving me ideas and inspiration, so if there is something you've always thought would look cool on a shirt, or something you just thought of, i'd love to try to make it into something.

Can't wait to hear your comments/ideas-- hopefully I am not breaking any rules or anything as this isn't necessarily an audio question, but I DO frequent these forums daily so hopefully its all good. All of the designs you see here are available in different color combinations and items, so if you wanna check those out, click the link in my signature...but this will give you a basic idea

Well check out the designs, and let me know what YOU got!
Attached Thumbnails
Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch.jpeg   Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-1.jpeg   Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-2.jpeg   Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-3.jpeg  
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

i look that book with the moc on it llook pretty nice.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

The design on the "Hip Hop" shirt is very clever! thumbsup
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Thanks guys-

I always end up liking the designs on the notepads- I got one of my microphone designs on a notepad and its cool for taking notes during a session and stuff.

The Hip Hop logo shirt reminds me of a box of smart start cereal, haha. If you look at it, no matter which way you connect the similar color letters, across the row or both rows, it spells smart start...i realized it worked with hip hop when i staggered the colors, and i was like...woh.

Perhaps smart start is the hip hoppers cereal of choice....conspiracy?
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

i dig...'em all.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green View Post
i dig...'em all.
thanks a lot man, muuuuch appreciated. I'm glad people like these so far-- sometimes its hard to tell what will appeal to the masses ya know?
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

yeah i really dig the first and the fourth one...

if you ever put these for sale i'd cop them...
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Thanks a lot man. They are for sale, in various colors and on various kinds of shirts and other products. You can either click the link in my signature or go to Music,Recording,Instrument designs,T shirts & more : CafePress.com they are in the hip hop section.

The store actually started as a recording design store, after talking to people here. So if you click recording you can find other shirts with mics and stuff. Since then, i'e gotten other requests, synths and other stuff, so you'll see there sections respectively.

Thanks again, im glad you dig those designs-- check out the site, there is also a different drum machine design...

Wooord
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

got some requests to make some care-bear-esque designs...hope these aren't whack!

here it is on a few diff. colors and stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-1.jpeg   Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch.jpeg   Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-2.jpeg  
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanh View Post
thanks a lot man, muuuuch appreciated. I'm glad people like these so far-- sometimes its hard to tell what will appeal to the masses ya know?
If you can find a person with good credibility that would be interested in rocking those designs for you, I can see those being something that would catch on quickly.

Even if it was just local home town favorites at first, just get guys to start wearing your designs, once you are ready to start hitting ppl up with them.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

thats a great idea man... i was working at chicago recording co all summer, and had to stop to go back to school, but maybe i'll get dennis (one of the engineers) a shirt or two...he always wears some kind of recording related shirt so it would be good exposure.

But also getting some local MC's and people would be a good idea for promotional reasons. I ordered a bunch of my designs for myself, so I can rock em and get them familiarized around a little... i think the best promotion is honestly just having the link in my signature, because i frequent on a few different forums, and post all the time...if people are interested when they see my signature they click...if not im not bothering or spamming anyone.

Doing a forum like this is really good every once in a while because it helps me get ideas from other people...its good to get outside ideas and opinions.

maybe ill bring some shirts to some shows and give em to some local mcs and stuff...thanks!
Old 29th August 2007

Quote:
Doing a forum like this is really good every once in a while because it helps me get ideas from other people...its good to get outside ideas and opinions.
You do realize you have to send me one of everything for this, right?

2XL tall tee.

Thanks!
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
You do realize you have to send me one of everything for this, right?

2XL tall tee.

Thanks!
If I can get one of everything from High Profile, you got yourself a deal!

hehehe

2XL Pristine Audio pllllleeeeeeeasse
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

oh and tony, i dont think i've ever introduced myself to you, but of course, ive seen you around here soo.... let me formally say whats up and its nice to meet you man!
Old 29th August 2007
amd
Lives for gear

Quote:
If I can get one of everything from High Profile, you got yourself a deal!

hehehe

2XL Pristine Audio pllllleeeeeeeasse

I bet Toni didn't expect that response! Good one!
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd View Post
I bet Toni didn't expect that response! Good one!
When I am married with older kids I am definitely going to be that old man with the corny jokes :(

Its sad but true...oh well
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
When I am married with older kids I am definitely going to be that old man with the corny jokes :(

Its sad but true...oh well
Oh well.... at least that would give you the chance to be well known for something other than music!
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

or just to be known, period.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

i just designed this text shirt for someone, hope you guys like it...they wanted it to say "Hip Hop Era", so I piggy backed off my last text one with a different message...this time it says HOPE.
Attached Thumbnails
Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-3.jpeg   Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-4.jpeg   Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-5.jpeg  
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
i just designed this text shirt for someone, hope you guys like it...they wanted it to say "Hip Hop Era", so I piggy backed off my last text one with a different message...this time it says HOPE.
Pretty cool.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

thanks man...im glad all the hip hoppers are getting into this...ive had a lot of people asking me to make this and that and theyll get this and that...the beauty of the whole thing is not only is this about a tight knit community, but being a gear slut, the little money i actually make from this will no doubt go into more gear...which will go into more beats...which will go into more drive and more shirts...which will go into more gear....which will go into more beats....you get the picture

its also cool to see what ideas people have floating around their heads...all a sudden ill get an email saying, hey man, ive always wanted a shirt that said...hip hop era...etc...and, well, now they have it! Its crazy what kind of technology we have today and what we can do over the internet..
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
thanks man...im glad all the hip hoppers are getting into this...ive had a lot of people asking me to make this and that and theyll get this and that...the beauty of the whole thing is not only is this about a tight knit community, but being a gear slut, the little money i actually make from this will no doubt go into more gear...which will go into more beats...which will go into more drive and more shirts...which will go into more gear....which will go into more beats....you get the picture

its also cool to see what ideas people have floating around their heads...all a sudden ill get an email saying, hey man, ive always wanted a shirt that said...hip hop era...etc...and, well, now they have it! Its crazy what kind of technology we have today and what we can do over the internet..
and it only gets better as time goes on. These days an independant artist can basically make music, promote theirself online via Myspace, etc., and get a music deal all from the comfort of their own home.
That kind of thing was not possible 5 or 10 years ago... at least I dont think that it was...
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

holy crap. I never realized there was a smiley pipe dude. That is tiiiiight.

Do you think the text looks better close like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-6.jpeg   Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-7.jpeg  
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Yeh for sure. thumbsup
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

I like how it looks on the black tee, im not too sure about the hoody though.

Maybe a different selection of text colors for the hoody version would help it out.

The black tee is something id deal with though, its looking proper man.thumbsup
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

yah i think the black t looks real good... ill do up the other colors with the close text like this, maybe black and blue will look better on a hoodie
Old 29th August 2007

Quote:
oh and tony, i dont think i've ever introduced myself to you, but of course, ive seen you around here soo.... let me formally say whats up and its nice to meet you man!
Nice to meet you to...

I'm going to put this thread in the Shoot the Breeze section and leave a re-direct here. I'm trying to clean up the forum of anything not engineering/ production related.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

how about this?? ...i think i like it!
Attached Thumbnails
Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch.jpeg   Hip Hop Shirt Ideas-jitcrunch-1.jpeg  
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

the hoody looks better but i likt the black tee more.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Nice to meet you to...

I'm going to put this thread in the Shoot the Breeze section and leave a re-direct here. I'm trying to clean up the forum of anything not engineering/ production related.
sounds good-- thanks for the notice man, much appreciated!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search