The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What make of shoes was Michael Jackson wearing wearing when he recorded Thriller? Dynamics Plugins
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Nut

What make of shoes was Michael Jackson wearing wearing when he recorded Thriller?

Any size and laces info would also be great.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Guru

I think they were a womens size 6 glass slipper bought in the land of OZ from a munchkin
Old 25th August 2007
Smile

LOL, actually, round badge, i believe they were genuine "hand-gummed"
foot-devices forged ages ago by the pale hairy gumless eskimos,
and bravely resurrected during the ever-lasting dry hailstorm of '35.

of course, i may be entirely off-base with the "dry" aspect of the story....

Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict
I think it`s pretty obvious he switched to converse on overdubs . I can clearly hear where he punched in ,,, they`ll probably take care of that in the remastering since we now have the technology to correct these analog limitations
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Are you sure this question belongs in high end?
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think it`s pretty obvious he switched to converse on overdubs
I agree. But I find I like the warm sound of the vintage Nikes better. The converse shoes always had a hyper high end to me unless your talkin a pair of 1979 "Wilt Chamberlain" Court Masters, those sound fat.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops909 View Post
Any size and laces info would also be great.
You sometimes see them on ebay but have you considered one of the clones? I'm dancing in some right now and no-one can tell the difference.
Old 25th August 2007
no ssl yet
I thought it was a pair of converse Weapons ala Patrick Ewing and Larry Bird.

But I think he may have borrowed Lionel Ritchie's shoes from "Dancing on the Ceiling"
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
What, you don't consider sparkly loafers to be high end?
Old 25th August 2007
no ssl yet
Almost forgot.

It was Classic Converse Weapon high tops

With Glitter sprinkles on em.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
Yes.It's friday.what the hell
Old 25th August 2007
I think they were Jazzy shoes. They are quiet
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Yes.It's friday.what the hell

Can we start a session attire "high end" -"low end" forum with guest designers?
"Not that there's anything wrong with that!"
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

I hear his producer, Bruce Sweiden, is actually a Gearslut member! Maybe he could take time out of his busy schedule and chime in with a response.

Just joking, of course!

The Thriller questions were getting out of hand.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict

scratch and sniff sneakers.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

i don't know...what did little boys wear in 82?
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict
I guess this is post Walt "Clyde the Glide"Frazier Pumas ...they tend to be grainier .
Old 25th August 2007
Smile

i believe geoff tanner worked on mj's original dogs - we should ask him...

and IF they were high tops, i agree, they DEFINITELY belong in high end...

Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamine View Post
I hear his producer, Bruce Sweiden, is actually a Gearslut member! Maybe he could take time out of his busy schedule and chime in with a response.
For a moment, pretend that you're Bruce Swedien. Imagine coming on here and seeing someone getting trashed that you know and have worked with for more than 20 years. You consider that person an amazing talent and a friend.

It happened to me with my friend, the late Stephan Paul over at Home Recording, and I was pissed beyond belief. I can only imagine Bruce's indignation over the treatment of his friend in this, and some of the other threads by a handful of people here.

This thread does not belong in this forum, or in any forum that Bruce Swedien reads.

At least, that's my opinion.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooWahmBah View Post
I think it`s pretty obvious he switched to converse on overdubs . I can clearly hear where he punched in ,,, they`ll probably take care of that in the remastering since we now have the technology to correct these analog limitations
rock on my friend
you speak my language
i'd like work on a digital multi-track mp3
recording with you sometime
i 'd like to boost the highs
i'd like to put everything through multiband
compression - boost the highs
a second time
and take it to somebody's elses rig
where it can be mastered in the box !
then i'd like it played as a 128 mp3
through a 240$ public address system
very, very loudly
just to verify that we got it !

be well

- jack
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

I thought it was obvious that this thread is a tongue-and-cheek ribbing of all the recent posters requesting Thriller info AND the cookie-cutter responses that ensue. I agree that the personal insults to MJ are out of place. I certainly did not mean any disrespect.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Is Bruce still friends with MJ? On the real issue at hand, I say Mike wore Zips because they made him run faster....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Gerst View Post
For a moment, pretend that you're Bruce Swedien. Imagine coming on here and seeing someone getting trashed that you know and have worked with for more than 20 years. You consider that person an amazing talent and a friend.

It happened to me with my friend, the late Stephan Paul over at Home Recording, and I was pissed beyond belief. I can only imagine Bruce's indignation over the treatment of his friend in this, and some of the other threads by a handful of people here.

This thread does not belong in this forum, or in any forum that Bruce Swedien reads.

Old 25th August 2007
Smile

come on, i'm sure nobody means any disrespect here - to either bruce or mj.

we're all just humans, and we put our pants on one leg at a time -

.....there but for the grace.........yada, yada (ok, that's twice today).

it is MJs and BSs amazing work that is responsible for a good deal

of the inspiration which continues to feed us all here,

and is part of the reason we all continue to do what we do.

those records were ridiculously amazing, and everyone knows that.

so, thank you bruce and mj, for making it possible for us to share in this....

btw - i think these were the shoes and laces used......

Attached Images
What make of shoes was Michael Jackson wearing wearing when he recorded Thriller?-laces-shoes.jpg 
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
I think they were a womens size 6 glass slipper bought in the land of OZ from a munchkin

Roundbadge-at least you clarified your comment with munchkin! At least we know one thing-Michael Jackson is 100% all good of USA prime beefheh

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Harvey, I think you need to dial in a little moresenseofhumor.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:

Lighten up.. its just a bit of lighthearted fun on a friday afternoon
nobodies' here to assassinate the guys character..
It's about friggin shoes for cryin' out loud
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

I was delighted to find this thread in the high end

Maybe his shoes were extra small, too tight and therefore are attributed to his tight and whispery breathing. In fact, maybe this thread and the breathing one can be merged?

"Shamon!"
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

It really shouldn't be about whether I have a sense of humor or not, but how Bruce (who IS a friend of Micheal's) would perceive it. If Bruce were a guest in your house, would you be making jokes about pedophiles around him?

It's a question of making a guest comfortable, and Bruce is a guest here. How much have some of us learned from his posts here already? Do we really wanna be making kiddie jokes around here about someone he obviously cares a great deal about?

Remember Bruce is 73 and comes from an era where you give someone respect if they've earned it. And if you have rude comments, you keep them to yourself.

All I'm suggesting is that you consider the effect on Bruce that some of the really rude comments will cause. Do you really think Bruce will hang around a BBS that makes a lot of jokes at one of his friend's expense?
Old 25th August 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
It really shouldn't be about whether I have a sense of humor or not, but how Bruce (who IS a friend of Micheal's) would perceive it. If Bruce were a guest in your house, would you be making jokes about pedophiles around him?

It's a question of making a guest comfortable, and Bruce is a guest here. How much have some of us learned from his posts here already? Do we really wanna be making kiddie jokes around here about someone he obviously cares a great deal about?

Remember Bruce is 73 and comes from an era where you give someone respect if they've earned it. And if you have rude comments, you keep them to yourself.

All I'm suggesting is that you consider the effect on Bruce that some of the really rude comments will cause. Do you really think Bruce will hang around a BBS that makes a lot of jokes at one of his friend's expense?
Come on man stop it.

It's a joke about the biggest figure in pop music. It's about a guy who dressed as Kaptain Crunch and wore a glittered glove.

How can you NOT expect jokes?

It's nothin demeaning him as a person, its lite hearted fun about the KING of POP music.

(It's the price of fame and being the King. ) Bruce knows we all appreciate his and Michael's Genius.

But I do think it was Converse weapons.
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
Come on man stop it.

It's a joke about the biggest figure in pop music. It's about a guy who dressed as Kaptain Crunch and wore a glittered glove.

How can you NOT expect jokes?

It's nothin demeaning him as a person, its lite hearted fun about the KING of POP music.

(It's the price of fame and being the King. ) Bruce knows we all appreciate his and Michael's Genius.

But I do think it was Converse weapons.
But were they vintage Converse weapons? Or some cheap Chinese knock-off?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search